No announcement yet.

Dragon's NFL picks - Week 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, I know who can and can't pick i like my odds!!!

Comment

About all I can add to all of this is that things change pretty oddly in the NFL in weeks 4-6, and after that -- it becomes a crap shoot..........The bookies get sharper, and the "easy" ones all of a sudden, aren't so easy..........Get ready for a few surprises this week.
      ;)

Comment

Agree, Boone just about the time you think you got it figured out things change. The rams have as much a chance to cover as do the Vikes because the books adjust. That being said, I AGAIN LIKE MY CHANCES!!!!!!!!! Especially, because of the people who like the vikes and the people who like the rams, not only on this site, but others. Again, stand by it, Rams will cover!!!

Comment

The line in our NFL GOW contest is Min -9.5, and in our 'Beat the Hilton' contest it's -10. Since you didn't actually specify a line, I just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Comment

Over the past 2+ years I've truly benifited from your weekly
            discussions. When you switch from objective to subjective
            (trivial) differences it gets frustrating.

Dragon1952 gave valid examples of why the Rams wouldn't cover,
            but then it turned into a pissing match.

Both of your opinions matter to a lot of us.

As Friday would say "Just the facts, mame."
            Google it if you need to.

Comment

Red,
              I just want to understand your style a little better. Numerous times you've mentioned better cappers are on the rams and thats why your comfortable with the pick. Is this how you make your bets? Im just curious. Just for the record I see no value in this game. Good luck
              jpehl

Comment

I'm with ya on Carolina and New England........

I am also very pleased to have made a new friend!!

Comment

Recap of Week 5 - Well, I guess I was about due for some bad luck. I went 2-3, but lost the Carolina game by 1/2 pt, and New England blew a 10 pt lead and lost in OT after losing the coin toss. I can't believe how conservatively the Pats were playing that game on offense with the 10 pt lead. Anyway, the only real stinker was Dallas, and that didn't really surprise me much. They did win by 6 but that was in OT, so never a chance for the -8.5 pt cover, despite nearly 500 yds in offense.
                  My thoughts on the large spread games were pretty right on though (see post #8). And I hoped I saved a soul or 2 from betting on the Rams, who have now been out-scored 146-34 having lost by 28, 2, 19, 35 and 28. Maybe they'll have better luck at Jacksonville next week

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952
                    Thanks! Probably overdue for an 0-5 week. I'm not positive the picks above will be the final contest picks. Sometimes I change things up a bit at the last minute. I may take a couple of those big favorites.
                    BTW, for my Hilton contest picks I ended up going with Philadelphia, Minnesota, Indianapolis, New England and NY Jets, so 3-1 so far with the Jets -1 to go on Monday Night Football. Go Jets!

Comment

Let me be the first to take the jags over the rams and lay the 13 1/2 lol

Comment

Just checked the actual line is at 10, there's value there!

Comment

In the end I stayed away from the biggest dogs, but did find winners with these dogs - KC, Cinci, Cleveland and Atlanta. However I also got tripped up by New England and Carolina. Fortunately I got Carolina early and bought the hook and pushed but not in the Game of the Week contest. Panthers won the 2H by 11 but fumbled around in the first half b4 getting going. Bad beat by the hook!

More big dogs next week.

I guess I am a believer in Denver now. Great WRs make even Kyle Orton look like John Elway. But I may have to take SD -3 next week. Better yet, I like the over 43.5 there.

GL

Comment

New England just doesn't look like more than just an average offense to me so far. I like San Diego next week also, as the best offense the Broncos have faced to date, and, on the road.

Comment

Working...
                            X