Admit when I'm wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admit when I'm wrong.

Ryker, and Dragon 1952, I guess my pick for the rams wasn't too good after all. You guys were right and I was wrong. Just thought like Widestrides that some big dogs might come in. Not a good week for me on the picks all together. Also, hope not many followed my lead on the Texas game. I knew it was time for me to eat some humble pie and this is it. I still think that widestrides will be right over the next couple of weeks. It is time for some dogs to start winning isn't it? For the other DRAGON, since when do you have to have a PHD to post. Twoez can pick them and it doesn't matter to me how!!!!

Although most of the "big dogs" covered pretty easily, underdogs still have an 8-5 edge going into tonight's game -- by my calculations...........So it's not like the favorites are dominating...........Man, the Raiders are pathetic !!!!............No, I didn't fall for that 17-point bait...........Just an observation is all................I don't think they could beat Florida, Alabama, Texas or even USC at the moment !!!
    ;)

Comment

You don't need a PHD.

As a matter of fact, I can appreciate when someone who doesn't speak English as a first language comes into a forum like this and attempts to participate.

Or

When someone with very little education attempts to participate in a forum like this, despite their obvious handicap.

But when you go from someone who obviously can't put a complete sentence in English together in general conversation, to an English Major in your write ups, there's a problem with that.

Comment

Red Raider,
        You really weren't too far off. Rams fumbled twice and
        had an interception all staring at the Vikes goal line.

Best line of the day was from Keith Olberman who said
        that suspending Tom Cable wouldn't be a punishment. The
        real punishment would be making him continue coaching
        the Raiders.

Comment

Yes, watched most of it till it got out of hand. Too many mistakes. I guess thats what bad teams do and good teams like the Vikes capitalize on. Oh well, always next week. Good luck Krichinsky!!

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84
            Ryker, and Dragon 1952, I guess my pick for the rams wasn't too good after all. You guys were right and I was wrong. Just thought like Widestrides that some big dogs might come in. Not a good week for me on the picks all together. Also, hope not many followed my lead on the Texas game. I knew it was time for me to eat some humble pie and this is it. I still think that widestrides will be right over the next couple of weeks. It is time for some dogs to start winning isn't it? For the other DRAGON, since when do you have to have a PHD to post. Twoez can pick them and it doesn't matter to me how!!!!

Don't worry about......I was wrong once too.

Comment

Check out the box score on the game, very hard to tell who would have won. Statistically this game was close, I also was on the Rams side.

Just fell short on the score side, the most improtant side.

Still thumping my chect on the Dolphins, mostly after watching post after post side with the Jets.

Dinger...coming after the Dragon!

Comment

OK....Spell check

Check out the box score on the game, very hard to tell who would have won. Statistically this game was close, I also was on the Rams side.

Just fell short on the score side, the most important side.

Still thumping my chest on the Dolphins, mostly after watching post after post side with the Jets.

Dinger...coming after the Dragon!

Comment

I watched the Raiders against the Giants until the network pulled the plug. This may be on a coaching, personnel and ownership basis the worst team ever to play in the NFL. The defense has gone from credible on opening night to a Chinese Fire Drill. The offense without a meaningful running game is utterly ineffectual with a QB who must play solely for economic reasons regardless of how he performs. I have seen a little of Tampa, and they are almost as bad. At the end of the Eagles game they quit with seven minutes to go, not even attempting to score in garbage time. That is unheard of. As far as the Rams and goal line fumbles, I think you are dreaming if you think this is really a measure of progress. Bad teams fumble on the goal line. Really bad teams fumble on the goal line twice. The spreads will widen to adjust to how bad these teams are but for now these three teams are unprecedented in their level of incompetence.

Comment

Can't disagree with you there Norm..........you're spot on........and as far as the Raiders are concerned, the future looks no brighter.......not as long as the old man is in control..........I'm over it, but it's still sad to see what was once the epitome of "excellence", deteriorate to this.

There are a few more teams besides the Raiders, Bucs and Rams that are headed in the wrong direction, or at least staying in the same dismal situation that they've become accustomed to, and that would be Kansas City, the Lions, Buffalo and Cleveland.

I remember hearing so much about "parity" in the NFL recently, but it seems to be more of a "parody" of sorts now..........Get ready for more blowouts this weekend.
                    ;)

Comment

Dont forget Wade, Roy and the Cowboys. Just disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky
                        Red Raider,
                        You really weren't too far off. Rams fumbled twice and
                        had an interception all staring at the Vikes goal line.
                        Not far off? They got beat my 4 TD's! As was mentioned, that's what bad teams do and that's what good teams do to capitalize. That's part of the handicapping process. The Rams are -7 in turnover ratio, 12 TO's to just 5 takeaways.

Comment

Which dogs will quit and which will continue fighting? It's all up to how the players feel about their coach.

Rams under Spags will continue to fight.

Browns have played hard the last two weeks. (I'll try them +14 at Pitt this week.)

Chiefs are bad but at least trying for 60 minutes under Cassel and new coach Todd Haley.

Lions playing hard for new coach Schwartz.

Titans will continue playing hard for Fisher.

Bills may be bailing on Juron.

Raiders would do well to dump Gable and start Gratkowski for Russell. Their D is still good when motivated. I would take them at home +14 vs Philly and their long road trip if there was a coaching and QB change.

Not sure about the Bucs. Anyone know if they are behind their coach. I'm liking Carolina -3 at TB.

Comment

Large spreads this week.....first impressions. I actually am liking the Rams this week at Jacksonville. Now there's a team they can cover against and getting +10!
                            I don't like the Browns. Anderson has been horrible, completing only 46% of his passes for 1 TD to 5 INT's for a QB rating of 39! If they can only manage 6 against Buffalo, well Pittsburgh's another story and they should be getting Troy Polamalu back. Cleveland is averaging less than 250 yds of offense per game and giving up 380 yds, including 170 yds per game rushing, and are -5 in TO's. They have converted just 19 of 73 on 3rd down. The Steelers could get a couple DEF/ST scores in this one. Likely a game similar to Min/St L last week.
                            I like the Lions +13.5 at Green Bay and the Bills +9.5 at the Jets, but I don't like Tennessee +9 at New England or the Raiders +14 vs Philly.

Comment

As much as I would like to defend my rams pick, Dragon1952 is right. That was poor handicapping. Jumped on them to quick. Actually, the arguments made against my pick made me tone down my wager. By the way Dragon, nice run on sports-bettors. (very nice)!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X