Tommy Gold NHL 2009/2010 - Picks Tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Panthers @ Pittsburgh Penguins

Pittsburgh is in a 6 wins streak. Why end it today? I don't have much to explain this pick. The Penguins are playing well and their only absence will be Fleury. However, his impact on the team is not so strong, which give us few or no doubts about the Penguins' performance. Pittsburgh is well known by their offensive line. They can easily score and they shot a lot.

Florida is not a reliable team. After the horrible display by Clemmenson last game, allowing 2 goals in the first minutes at home, Vokoun had troubles too, and the Panthers ended losing 5-2. They are playing badly in their defense, allowing almost 4 goals per game. And even their offensive has moods.

So for me, this is a simple game to analyse. A team that has big troubles defending will face the Penguins and the bookies give us a PL over the pair? We can't let this one pass! The differences between both rosters, the way they are playing, and the momentum of both team are astounding!

Pick: Pittsburgh Penguins PL -1.5 +165 (2.65) 5Dimes, PIT PL -1.5 +155 (2.55) The Greek

Comment

Hey Tommy-
      Thanks for picking out my only win in 4, just terrible.

Some notes on FL/PITT game
      as you noted Fleury is out, Johnson goes he has the only loss on the 8-1 pitt team, but he only gave up 2 goals, Pitt will also be missing their best defenseman, Gonchar who has a +9 rating tops on the team.

Vokoun gets the start for the Panthers, I think we will see a more inspired florida team tonight, afterthat dismal showing. Florida's last three visits to the igloo show them losing by 1 goal twice and winning outright 6-1.

The public is in love with the Pens too I see 86% on them(ML), if you play the Pens you might want to just play ML I think it;ll be close. I think I smell OT.

GL tonight.
      good luck

Comment

Colorado note:

Budaj has the flu so they'll start Anderson hope Budaj is better for tomorrow night vs the rival Wings.

I like The Avs here too, I can be lieve they are a huge dog since they have played well, finally a home game for the road weary avs.

I like the Avs here too despite a look ahead position with Wings on Deck, they handled Montreal on the road with the wings on deck although that day they had a day of rest in between.
        good luck

Comment

Originally posted by garister
          Some notes on FL/PITT game
          as you noted Fleury is out, Johnson goes he has the only loss on the 8-1 pitt team, but he only gave up 2 goals, Pitt will also be missing their best defenseman, Gonchar who has a +9 rating tops on the team.

Vokoun gets the start for the Panthers, I think we will see a more inspired florida team tonight, afterthat dismal showing. Florida's last three visits to the igloo show them losing by 1 goal twice and winning outright 6-1.

The public is in love with the Pens too I see 86% on them(ML), if you play the Pens you might want to just play ML I think it;ll be close. I think I smell OT.

GL tonight.
          LOL......great call!

Comment

Another positive day for u 1-1 +.45
            my book doesn't have the regulation play so I have to pass on a lot of those cause the juice is too thick.

Saturday likes
            Tor/Van over 6, Toronto is giving up 6.5 goals away, Tor is 2-0 away Over, Van is 3-1 home Over, last 3 meeting in Van have seen the tally stike 6 or more.

Minn-30, both played last night, but Canes remain winless on the road after
            blowing a 2 goal lead. Minn is 2-0 at home.

NJ+143 after watching the cluless Pens tonight relying on 1 period of solid effort carved out a victory last night. They look lost with out Gonchar, I saw two Pens Defensemen collide behind their net with no pressure on them. Pens will need better efort tonight. I'll take the more rested team who has a chance to knock of the the rival rangers and champs B2B.

I like Philly to get revenge on the Panthers too since FL blew a 2 goal lead in the last period last night and lost in a shootout, gotta be deflating, but this juice is to heavy at -230 and Im not confident enough to require a 2 goal margin.
            good luck

Comment

Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators

This season Boston are trying to show us how to bet on them. It's a funny trend, because in a 9 games, they cannot make 2 wins or losses in a row. So, I suspect that there will be many bettors today betting on Boston just because they lost the last one. However, in this world of probabilities they might be wrong. They think that will be much more probable a win for the Bruins because of the trend. However, it's a false thinking. The probabilities are in favor to end this trend and is like a linear equation. If they delay to make 2 in a row the bigger will the probabilities for to that happen. So, after 9 games I think that the probability, only statistically speaking, will be in favou of the Senators, and for those that only bet on sports due to probabilities, these will be bigger today.

In their last game, only 2 days ago in Philadelphia, I saw Boston playing a Little bit. They are playing horrible, they are not anymore that cohesive team that we knew from last year. Boston is losing their games against teams that got the momentum and are playing well. They have individual values, but they are not producing the expected hockey. Savard, the top scorer, will be out and he is one of the few players in the team still showing how to play the game.

Ottawa, despite the last loss against a team that is rising from the dead, is playing well. The Senators are not a team that is afraid of "big team names" and they fight 'till the end on every game. They are also a good team, with talented players that make the difference, specially Alfredsson, who can lead them.

Thus, I think this could be a good clash between a team that is playing poorly, allowing the adversaries to play too much, and a team that is playing well. With the Senators players making the difference instead of the Bruins players, we have an edge on defense and offense on our side, and Ottawa should win this one. However, I prefer to play this on the ML, because I expect some improvement from the Bruins from their last game, however it will not be enough to give them the win. Overall, this is the line offering the best value for me.

Pick: Ottawa Senators ML -124 (1.81) 5Dimes, OTT ML -120 (1.83) SBOBET

Comment

New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens

Today we will have a game where the key for the victory will not be the stats of this season. Montreal has a good roster, however they delayed to show it. After wins on their first 2 games this season, they struggled a lot being defeated 5 times in a row. Fortunately for them when the whistle of disgrace played, they returned to victories and arrive to this game with 2 straight wins.

In the other side, we will have a Rangers team facing their worst moment of this season so far. After starting with a loss, they had 7 straight wins and were one of the hottest teams in the league, playing well and scoring a lot. But... as much as you climb, bigger will be the fall. And Rangers are coming from 2 home defeats, showing big problems on defense.

Both teams are talented and have players that can make the difference. It's true that Montreal has been unrecognized this season, but has appeared on last game. Rangers were playing well, showing everyone their offensive power, and that they can beat everybody.

However for me, the spot to explore is this: Rangers lost their momentum, coming from 2 home losses, where they show mental weakness. A non-strong mental team will always struggle in Montreal. And I think that we will have here a non-confident Rangers.
                Montreal is finally starting to show their game. They are a smart team and they can explore this non physical part of the game to win it. They need to continue with their wins and facing a team with a "bad momentum", but second on the Eastern Conference, can be a good boost. So, we cannot pass on this home dog.

Pick: Montreal Canadiens 3Way (1X2) +140 (2,40) Bookmaker, MON 3Way +170 (2.70) NordicBet

Comment

2009.10.23 results:

Florida Panthers @ Pittsburgh Penguins: Pittsburgh Penguins PL -1.5 +165 (2.65) 5Dimes (3-2: LOSS)
                  Carolina Hurricanes @ Colorado Avalanche: Colorado Avalanche 3Way (1X2) +145 (2.45) Diamond (DSI) (5-4: WIN)

2009.10.23 finished with a 1-1 and +0.45 units won/2 units risked.
                  NHL 2009-2010 season record: 14-24 (-4.92 units lost/38 units risked)

Comment

Washington Capitals @ New York Islanders: Over 6 -104 (1.96) 5Dimes - The Capitals are in a good scoring mood and the Islanders have some motivation to score some goals too, they are a young team, they chase their losses, which will be a big mistake for them, allowing the Capitals to score a few more goals.

Florida Panthers @ Philadelphia Flyers: Philadelphia Flyers PL -1.5 +135 (2.35) 5Dimes - The Flyers play at home, against a Florida team which played in Pittsburgh against the title holders, being in the lead up to the 3 minutes before the last whistle, the Panthers gave everything they've got against the Penguins, they are exhausted and therefore, they shouldn't be at their best tonight. Philadelphia is one of those teams that if you allow them to have some room to play, to maneuver inside your lines, they have a very good ability to score, on that matter, Richards and Carter are lethal goalscorers.

Detroit Red Wings @ Colorado Avalanche: Colorado Avalanche ML +140 (2.40) 5Dimes - Colorado is playing quite well, they are a solide team and they have shown good gameplans so far. I understand why they are home underdogs, it is a B2B game against the vice-champions, (Colorado is 1-0 with 0 days rest, it is not much to show, but it seems that they aren't that bad yet on this kind of scenario), but Detroit's hockey display is actually very bad and I don't see any value on them right now. On their previous encounter, Colorado went to Detroit and defeated the Red Winds, so why not another win for Colorado tonight?

If you can get CAR ML +130, go ahead, otherwise, I'll pass on them.

Comment

2-1 yesterday + the lean.
                      sunday play

Columbus/Los Angeles Over 5 1/2-115

Both teams are scoring a lot and giving up a lot last 3 games.
                      Both teams should have their backup in goal since both starters played last night.
                      good luck

Comment

Nice day from the pucks Tommy, you'll get them on monday.

yesterday(sunday) 1-0

I will post my picks in my own thread after this, sorry to clutter yours tommy.

monday plays

Min/Chicago Under 5 1/2

Anaheim-171 heavy juice so I'll play for a 1/2 unit.
                        Fading 0-7 Leafs until they notch a W.
                        good luck

Comment

2009.10.24 results:

Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators: Ottawa Senators ML -124 (1.81) 5Dimes Pinny DONE (3-4: LOSS)
                          New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens: Montreal Canadiens 3Way (1X2) +140 (2,40) Bookmaker Paddy Power DONE (5-4: LOSS)
                          Washington Capitals @ New York Islanders: Over 6 -104 (1.96) 5Dimes Pinny DONE (2-3: LOSS)
                          Florida Panthers @ Philadelphia Flyers: Philadelphia Flyers PL -1.5 +135 (2.35) 5Dimes Pinny DONE (5-1: WIN)
                          Detroit Red Wings @ Colorado Avalanche: Colorado Avalanche ML +140 (2.40) 5Dimes bet365 DONE (3-1: WIN)

2009.10.24 finished with a 2-3 and -0,25 units lost/5 units risked.
                          NHL 2009-2010 season record: 16-27 (-5.17 units lost/43 units risked)

Comment

Originally posted by garister
                            Nice day from the pucks Tommy, you'll get them on monday.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...

You're also doing great for what I see.

Comment

I like the Rangers and the BlackHawks tonight. May parlay them up.

Comment

New York Islanders @ Montreal Canadiens: Montreal Canadiens PL -1.5 +165 (2.65) The Greek - The youth of the Islanders will not be enough against a rising Canadiens team, with enough experience and having good results lately. They have the best team and they should show it tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X