No announcement yet.

Tommy Gold NHL 2009/2010 - Picks Tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0-1-1 the other night as an empty net goal stole a win and turned it into a push

I agree ith TG on the Blues today, tuff game for B2B Yotes

Wash/Atl over 6
    riding this trend. last 8 meetings have seen 6 or more tallied
    and ifg they hit their averages its over.
    Wash avg 3.8 away
    atl avg 3.2 home
    wash def givving up 3.8
    atl giving up 4.2

Like Devils +146, 5-0 on the road and 15-3 on thursdays, playing Boston, a team that hasn't won two in a row yet.
    good luck

Comment

Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings

In this match up we have two teams with the same numbers, but in a different order: LA Kings is 4-1 at home, Vancouver is 1-4 away. So, we can get an easy conclusion. The first are good at home so far, the others still have to find how to face road games.

Los Angeles is making an impressive season so far. At home they only lost their first game of the season. Even with that game, they have 5.2 goals scored at home. Impressive for a team that started the season with a label saying "no playoff contenders".

Vancouver lost the last game at home against the Detroit Red Wings, result of an awful third period. In their road games, they usually struggle a lot, allowing 3.40 goals per game, and scoring only 2. Thus this itself gives us almost an average difference of a puck line.

Today Raycroft will start for the Canucks, something that gives me no confidence on their defense. Luong allowed 5 goals against the Red Wings, but was playing pretty well, and those 5 goals were a consequence of a bad team game. Quick will start for the Kings and so far, he has been one of the keys of the success path of his team.

For this game, I can understand why the Kings are a little bit the favorites, since they are on a B2B game. It can be hard, but all their games have been hard, as they are a team to kill. Their home advantage this season seems something big, and the confidence of the team should be enough to face a team with lots of injuries, struggles a lot away, and comes from a bad loss.

Pick: Los Angeles Kings PL -1.5 +200 (3.00) The Greek

A believe this game already started (this Daylight Saving Time hiatus is "killing" me), if that is the case, my apologies:

Detroit Red Wings @ Edmonton Oilers

Now, there is the right moment to take Oilers. There are few reasons to take this one. First of all, we've got here a huge odds value. The home dog is 5-2-0-1 at home. The last game was at home and a defeat after a 2 road trip with no wins. So, they've got to take this game seriously, specially after zero goals scored in the last 2 games. And I believe this team can turn things around. It is not the kind of team to letdown their arms. After the last game loss, they will give their supporters a good game. I think the fact that Khabibulin will be the goaltender, will help the team, as he alternates his performances between bad and good ones. And today, it's a day for a good performance, like we has done so long this season, at home. At home, Edmonton is more powerful at offense, but their advantage is in making difficult to opponents to score.

Detroit is coming from a win, an away win! 5-4 at Vancouver, for a team that is disappointing every one, is a good win. However, this team is not the first good win they've got, but after those wins they usually get back to a poor game. Maybe the fact that they have a old roster, can explain it. They give all they can in one game and need a week to recovery (pretty bad :evil. Yet, the truth is that we can explain this team: every time we believe that they will start their engines and start to play good hockey and win games, they come and prove us that we were wrong. The bigger problem is they can't defend when playing away. Even on their only win on the road on their last game, they allowed 4 goals to Vancouver. To help it, they will put their backup goalie in the nets, Howard. They expect that he will give good luck, however I think this will be a mistake, as this team needs a strong goalie, mentally speaking.

Pick: Edmonton Oilers ML +146 (2.46) 5Dimes

Comment

Originally posted by garister
        0-1-1 the other night as an empty net goal stole a win and turned it into a push

I agree ith TG on the Blues today, tuff game for B2B Yotes

Wash/Atl over 6
        riding this trend. last 8 meetings have seen 6 or more tallied
        and ifg they hit their averages its over.
        Wash avg 3.8 away
        atl avg 3.2 home
        wash def givving up 3.8
        atl giving up 4.2

Like Devils +146, 5-0 on the road and 15-3 on thursdays, playing Boston, a team that hasn't won two in a row yet.

Great winner on the total (and on the road dog too! ), unfortunately it cost me the Puck Line. :|

Comment

2-1 got a last secong goal to make the Over hit yesterday, I am not kidding, the clock showed zero when the light went on, they reviewed it and it crossed the line just in time.

Playing Van/ANA Under 6
          both teams aren't scoring much lately and Van just went OT last night, may be sluggish today.

WTF? with Pitt-117 at Columbus
          This line is way too low, I see 66% on Pitt and the line isn't budging.It caused red flags to go off in my head. BJs are playing terrible and Pitt is super hot, I am staying away even though I like the Pens, but they haven't won in Columbus sine 2002 so maybe there is something to the line anyway.
          good luck

Comment

the pittline flipped, its now Columbos -130 and Pit +120
            I see Fleury and Malkinin ared out for pit, but I wouldn't have espected this unless the main man was out.

I adding BJs as a play-130
            good luck

Comment

2009.10.29 results:

Washington Capitals @ Atlanta Thrashers: Washington Capitals PL -1.5 +170 (2.70) Bookmaker (3-4: LOSS)
              Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning: Tampa Bay Lightning ML -110 (1.91) 5Dimes (5-2: WIN)
              Phoenix Coyotes @ St. Louis Blues: St. Louis Blues 3Way (1X2) +120 (2.20) Bookmaker (0-2: LOSS)
              Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings: Los Angeles Kings PL -1.5 +195 (2.95) Bookmaker (1-2: LOSS)

2009.10.29 finished with a 1-3 and -2,09 units lost/4 units risked.
              NHL 2009-2010 season record: 19-35 (-9,46 units lost/54 units risked)

For today, I've already 2 picks, will see if I can unearth anything else in the next hour:

Vancouver Canucks vs Anaheim Ducks: Anaheim Ducks 3Way (1X2) -105 (1.95) Bookmaker; ANA 3Way +105 (2.05) Expekt, NordicBet

Colorado Avalanche @ San Jose Sharks: Under 5.5 -110 (1.91) 5Dimes

Comment

2-1 got a last secong goal to make the Over hit yesterday, I am not kidding, the clock showed zero when the light went on, they reviewed it and it crossed the line just in time.

Your win, my loss. :P Good luck tonight!

Comment

I didn't realize you lost on the caps, You'll get the biounce next time I'm sure of it, Good Luck with that under, damn empty goals ruin those unders, I forget who I was watching last night and the team scored an empty netter with over a minute to play to go up 2 and that same team played on with out the goalie leaving it empty the rest of the game, that would kill unders. their should be a way to play those unders negating empty netters, just like regulation play only.

Good Luck tonight Tommy , thats a ballsy play on the ducks.
                  good luck

Comment

Nice day Tommy congrats, Ducks smacked them 7-2

Pitt won another game where they only played 1 period, thats what I get for flipping.
                    good luck

Comment

2009.10.30 results:

Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks: Anaheim Ducks 3Way (1X2) -105 (1.95) Bookmaker (7-2: WIN)
                      Colorado Avalanche @ San Jose Sharks: Under 5.5 -110 (1.91) 5Dimes (3-1: WIN)

2009.10.30 finished with a 2-0 and +1,86 units won/2 units risked.
                      NHL 2009-2010 season record: 21-35 (-7,6 units lost/56 units risked)

For today, 2009.10.31, I've 2 early picks:

Carolina Hurricanes @ Philadelphia Flyers

In this game, we will have a team in a "letdown spot". Carolina comes from a 7 losses in a row cold streak. Between that losses they tried to turn things around, fighting with all they've got, but without any luck, losing those in OT. This team needs a spot to turn things around and that spot will be difficult to appear outside from a home game, against a team with a poor road record. So, tonight, we will have a no confident team. In road games, they are allowing 4.17 goals per game. A huge problem against teams with a good offensive record. And in the other end, they score only few more than 2 goals per game.

Philadelphia will have here an opportunity to give a blowout win and to show to everyone that they are a strong contender. Despite the last 2 losses they are not without confidence. That losses were against the biggest contenders to the Stanley's Cup. They are aware of their capabilities, and how good they can be specially against teams that gives them room to their offensive.

So, today I expect the Flyers to return to blowout wins. They are a team that can do it easily, the game just has to go under their control. Carolina is a breakdown team right now, hoping for better days and with no confidence for this game. Their road records shows their fragility as visitors.

Pick: Philadelphia Flyers PL -1.5 +170 (2.70) Bookmaker

Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators: Ottawa Senators 3Way (1X2) +100 (2.00) Bookmaker

Comment

Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators

Atlanta is a hard team to beat, that's the reality. However, despite their last result, that can be considered good for what i said, it do not shows the latest reality. They lost only by one goal, but they were losing by 3 almost all the game.

Ottawa lost their last 2 games at home and for this team, with a strong home factor, this is something not normal. The value on this game will be that the Thrashers are not in their best "mode", as they come from a 4 losses in a row cold streak. With their best player out, they will have to wait for a better game to turn it around as the Senators are a strong team, particulary at home.

Pick: Ottawa Senators 3Way (1X2) +100 (2.00) Bookmaker

Comment

I didn't realize you lost on the caps, You'll get the biounce next time I'm sure of it, Good Luck with that under, damn empty goals ruin those unders, I forget who I was watching last night and the team scored an empty netter with over a minute to play to go up 2 and that same team played on with out the goalie leaving it empty the rest of the game, that would kill unders. their should be a way to play those unders negating empty netters, just like regulation play only.

Good Luck tonight Tommy , thats a ballsy play on the ducks.

Nice day Tommy congrats, Ducks smacked them 7-2

Pitt won another game where they only played 1 period, thats what I get for flipping.

Thanks!

Comment

Toronto Maple Leafs @ Montreal Canadiens

Toronto finally got their first win on this road trip. 3 games ago they won on the road on Anaheim against the Ducks, starting to get their confidence back. However in the next 2 games, they lost in OT, thus they will be on this game with 2 lost games in a row. It's hard to talk about the Maple Leafs, everything seems to fail. First, they score few goals, allowing too much goals in return. Then they won, but they failed in keeping the wins flowing, losing 2 games after the only win in this season, in OT.

Montreal, had also problems in this start of the season. They have a good roster, but the results are late to come. Yet, before losing the last 2 games on the road, they've got 4 home wins. It was the turning point of the season, at least it seems, as they have for the first time this season a positive record. Curious is the fact that in those 4 wins, 3 were on OT.

So for this game, a canadian derby, it will be very important to have confidence. Montreal has it, they got lucky in last home games, their roster is way more experienced. Toronto lost to hold their "momentum" after their first win and they are without luck. So, I can't see Toronto with capability to discuss this game, even if it is a derby.

Pick: Montreal Canadiens 3Way (1X2) +100 (2.00) Bookmaker

Comment

2009.10.31 results:

Carolina Hurricanes @ Philadelphia Flyers: Philadelphia Flyers PL -1.5 +170 (2.70) Bookmaker (6-1: WIN)
                              Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators: Ottawa Senators 3Way (1X2) +100 (2.00) Bookmaker (1-3: LOSS)
                              Toronto Maple Leafs @ Montreal Canadiens: Montreal Canadiens 3Way (1X2) +100 (2.00) Bookmaker (5-4: LOSS)

2009.10.31 finished with a 1-2 and -0,3 units lost/3 units risked.
                              NHL 2009-2010 season record: 22-37 (-7,9 units lost/59 units risked)

Comment

San Jose Sharks @ Carolina Hurricanes

I will recapitulate what i said yesterday :

"In this game, we will have a team in a 'letdown spot'. Carolina comes from a 7 losses in a row cold streak. Between that losses they tried to turn things around, fighting with all they've got, but without any luck, losing those in OT. This team needs a spot to turn things around and that spot will be difficult to appear outside from a home game, against a team with a poor road record. So, tonight, we will have a no confident team. In road games, they are allowing 4.17 goals per game. A huge problem against teams with a good offensive record. And in the other end, they score only few more than 2 goals per game."

So, yesterday we went on a blowout loss for Carolina, and I think that I'm able to say that I read well this team, as they lost 1-6. With this thoughts, I think I can find a huge spot today as well.

Carolina is in a "letdown spot". No confidence, with 8 losses in a row, with no luck, and with even with more poor statistics than yesterday thanks to another poor performance. At home, they got their only 2 season wins (1 win on OT on road as well) in regular time. However, those wins were on the early games of the season, and now while there were on this long 'road trip', they lost the 2 last home games as well.

San Jose is an eternal contender to the Stanley's Cup, had a low start of the season, with a 3-4 record. But since that bad start, they got their engines on, and are with a 6-1 winning record, arriving to this game with 4 wins in a row. The last 2 at home, they won the first match in a hard game and unexpectedly against the LA Kings. But before that, they got a 6 road games, starting in Washington with a defeat, but then started their real season, crushing the Rangers 7-3 and defeating the Flyers 4-1, Atlanta 4-3 and the Islanders 4-1... Their only loss was agaisnt Tampa Bay on the road, where no one wins if their players are in a good day. Thus, I think that they are already showing their capabilities and their engines are well tuned. They have improved their defense as their offense as well.

For this match up, we will have a B2B game for Carolina. For this team with no confidence, this can be a sacrilege. Even playing at home, they have to wait for a team with a poor record, without or with very low morale and thinking that they can win only because the bad period of the Hurricanes. But this is not the case, the Sharks are a powerful team, finally in the right road and with a positive record. They have rested for one day, after winning against one of the sensations of the season, Colorado. Therefore, they get on this match with confidence, knowing what to expect from their opponents and with all the possibilities to play their game as they want to, so we can have an easy win by 2 or more goals.

Pick: San Jose Sharks PL -1.5 +210 (3.10) The Greek

Comment

Working...
                                X