Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football - Denver at San Diego

Denver 5-0 at San Diego 2-2

Denver +3.5 at San Diego - Denver passed the test last week against New England, after having what was considered and easy schedule to date. If you look at New England's games prior to, and after the Denver game, it seems even more impressive. Denver leads the NFL in total defense, as in #1 out of 32 teams, allowing just 252.8 YPG. They are #5 against the pass, allowing 171.8 YPG, and they are #4 against the run, allowing an average of just 81 YPG. They will be facing the #3 rated passing offense in the NFL, but they did OK against the Pats, allowing just 215 yds and a 57% completion rate to Brady. And the Broncos won't have to respect the Charger running game much, as it is ranked dead last in the NFL with an average of just 53.8 YPG, 2.7 YPC, and a longest rush of just 13 yds.
    Denver has the 6th ranked rushing offense, averaging 139 YPG, which plays into the weakness of the Charger defense who rank 29th in the league, allowing an average of 151 rushing YPG. And the Bronco passing game is starting to click also, as Orton has completed 55 of 77 (71.4%) for 573 yds, 4 TD's and just 1 INT over the past 2 weeks. Over that same period, WR Brandon Marshall has caught 12 passes for 155 yds and 3 TD's.
    The Bronco's should be getting RB Correll Buckhalter back for this game, which should ease the load on Knowshon Moreno.
    Denver has major revenge for this game also, as the Chargers knocked them out of the playoffs in the final game of the season last year, and running up the score on them in the process, in a 52-21 blowout.
    I'll take Denver, who has a better than average shot at the outright win here.

Dont ya just hate when it seems too easy? If you are right I think vegas takes a big hit. Just my 2 cents worth which is what I should bet on this game.

Comment

But it's the perfect scenario for SD. SD at home, needs the win against a division foe who is undefeated. SD can't be more motivated - and rested off a bye. I still can't believe that awful Denver D of last year has been so totally transformed. Everyone though the Giants D was great until Drew Brees got a hold of them. Brady was off his game last week in Denver and it was a very conservative game plan by Belichik and the Broncos were a mile high emotionally. SD has the emotional edge this week.

True, Denver took out NE last week and Dallas b4 that - two good offenses. But maybe they are mentally fatigued from those emotional wins like Cinci was for Houston yesterday.

I like SD but I'm buying the half point for safety.

I sort of like the over because Orton had it going with his very good receivers last week against NE and SD's D has been spotty at best. But being a division game, it could also be a tight, conservative one.

GL

Is LT healthy?

Comment

I like SD by 6-10 points.

Denver's fairy tail season so far ends tonight and will not leave MNF undefeated.

They escaped last week, and I think SD finally put a solid game together tonight.

Comment

I'm liking the over a bit too. Denver should definitely be able to move the ball, and San Diego will air it out all night.

Comment

Wow! What a game so far. Our over is looking good dragon!

I'm not feeling so confident with my SD pick as Denver D looks good even with Dawkins out and their O is pretty good too! But Rivers is hot and has some weapons.

Bottom line, the SD D worries me.

Maybe go over for the 2H too?!

Comment

I don't know...there were some pretty easy scores in the 1st H. I'm laying off and going with my Den/OV pick.

Comment

Yeah, better just sit with that almost sure winner.

Comment

Chargers D and Offensive line suck. But their O is good if they can give Rivers time. Denver turned up the heat in the 2H. And SD D could NOT get to Orton all night!

Denver is for real. I'm 1-5 on them. Went with them once and won and against them 5 times and lost all 5!

They are just smart and that Denver D was very good. WHERE is that D from last year?! Nowhere to be found.

Can some Denver fan tell me how many guys they replaced from last year's starters?

Wow! Mike Nolan is a genius.

Someone (not me) might say take away the returns and it might have been different. Don't think so. Denver was in control in the 2H and could have done whatever they needed to do to win.

I split with the over. Whew!

Comment

They went over the Denver defense after the game started. I believe they have around 6 new faces. Shouldn't have listened to me on the 2nd H total....sorry, I should have kept my mouth shut.

Comment

No you were right! I was thinking of going over. Wasn't the 2H o/u 22.5? They only scored a total of 20 in the 2H.

I really considered taking Denver at +2.5 for the 2H to hedge my bet. With SD up by 3 at the half, SD would have needed to win the game by 6. It would have been a decent value considering that I didn't feel as confident with SD as I did b4 the game.

I may go to just betting 2Hs. I get a pretty good feel after watching a half.

GL next week.

Comment

Oh yeah...guess I was right! Man, sure seemed like there were more points scored than that.

Comment

On the entire team there are 27 new players from last year, don't know about offense/defense/starter breakdown though. Amazing job by the new staff obviously.

Comment

Ok, Denver is impressive. Easily the best coached, best prepared, most motivated team I watched ALL weekend. Its nice to see something like that where all the guys have bought into the team philosophy, and are just busting their asses.

Orton is working the system. Far cry from what he had in Chicago which made him look like a #3 guy, now hes one of the top in the league. Go figure, and Cutler is throwing picks in the redzone.

I am kind of a Denver fan now after watching that!!

Comment

Working...
                            X