Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL 2010.02.07 only pick:

New Orleans Saints @ Indianapolis Colts

The Colts are almost a perfect team, when they wanted to play at their best, they did it quite well. The Saints on the road lacked the same effort and mostly, the same results at home on their last trips, winning several games by less than 7 points against lowly teams. Now they will face the most difficult opponent they could this year and there is a slight edge favoring Manning due to his experience and his almost perfect way of playing. He remembers me Alain Prost, The Professor of F1, by the way he pushed the car without endangering his performance, the same does Peyton Manning. Rivers is well served on his offense, both for the passing game as for the running game as well, but the Saints overall did their best performances this year at home and this is their first big game and the Colts already know how to play it, so in terms of pressure, this New Orleans team is more vulnerable.

On the defense, Freeney is the great question mark for the Colts (I think he will not play) and his absence might balance both teams, since he could do a lot of damage to the Saints OL. Indianapolis showed that they can win games even when things are going very bad like they did at home against the Patriots, but this season they showed also a lot of close results, so the Saints have here something to start with. I believe both teams can pose problems for the opponent defenses and sometimes the offenses will prevail, others won't. This is a great game and I don't see anyone losing it big, but I think that the Colts are due for another Super Bowl thanks for having the most experienced and seasoned quarterback, who also has a very experienced team on both ends, and this experience will prevail in the end, with the Colts winning this game by a 10 points margin, give or take.

Pick: Indianapolis Colts -4.5 -110 (1.91) The Greek

*One unit each always.

Comment

Below is my NFL 2009 Playoffs - Super Bowl XLIV Weekend results recap:

New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts: Indianapolis Colts -5 -110 (1.91) 5Dimes (31-17: LOSS)

NFL 2009 Playoffs Season record: 4-9 (-5.95 units lost/13 units risked)
      NFL 2009 Regular Season record: 63-71-3 (-14.18 units lost/134 units risked)

No edge this season, unlike NBA or NHL so far:

NHL since 2009.11.23: 115-116-4, +30.94 units won (231 units risked until 2010.02.12, 13,394% yield)

NBA 2009/2010 HDP & OU Record: 228-166-6, +41.52 units won (394 units risked until 2010.02.11, 10,538% yield)

NBA 2009/2010 Moneylines Record: 35-47, +8.31 units won (82 units risked until 2010.02.11, 10,13415% yield)

Comment

Working...
      X