No announcement yet.

xbigpapa - Hawaii 14½ NEVADA (problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xbigpapa - Hawaii 14½ NEVADA (problem)

Hey xbigpapa,

You have a problem with the Hawaii 14½ NEVADA you listed in this week's college pick'um contest. As of Friday am (Oct. 30th) the game is off the board everywhere (vegas and offshore) with one exception, at the Peppermill.
    They have it at 166 Nevada -26.5.

If you don't void this game, I would advise all participants to take the Nevada game as xbigpapa has it listed as Nevada +14.5.

Perhaps xbigpapa has some insider info that Hawaii wins and covers the -14.5. If so, please enlighten us with your info.

Thanks.

laxsfo99

Hawaii QB is a big ? And they were already down to a walk-on or something. I don't think the line was ever 14.5.

One guy has taken it but should be told it's a mistake and a no-play even at Nevada -14.5.

Comment

I think it was supposed to be Nev -14.5. No way was it ever Haw -14.5. I almost took Nev +14.5 but I knew it was a mistake.

Comment

It opened at Nevada -26.5 and is now off the board.

Comment

ESPN radio here in Hawaii on monday said the line was Nevada -16. They were talking about that line, they said they don't gamble but the line was to low. I know that QB Moniz, per coach mac, was cleared to play and will start. Austin who played last week will back him up. Former backup to Alexander will be back from broken finger will be the 3rd QB. Dont care which QB plays, dont think they will even be close. Even at a 26 point fav i'll take Nevada. Hawaii defense still young and cant stop a thing. They are not in any category less than 100 in the nation on defense. Also speedy WR Bradley out with broken leg and Hawaii cant run to help the pass. I believe Nevada by 5 TD's or more at home.

Comment

I like Nevada in this game

Comment

Well like I said it opened at -26.5 and then went off the board. It is back on now at -27.5. So we should use the actual opening line of -26.5 or take it off altogether.

I guarantee you it was never -14.5 and anyway the contest currently has Hawaii -14.5!

Comment

Is this game a valid selection for tomorrow?

If it isn't taken off the board does the selection of Nevada get you +14.5?

X-papa please make the call ASAP.

"Papachippy knows when to make his move."

Comment

My guess would be that they will have to use whatever the closing line is. That is what he did when I chose Navy which was off the board. There is no way any of us can use Nevada +14'. It is obviously a mistake.

Comment

Just got to this thread. Rules are rules. What i posted was right out of Tue USA today. I believe it was Nev -14.5.............the line finally closed at Nev -28. I will have to leave it like it was posted unless Jeff overrides.

Comment

papa,

Strange that it would copy and paste to show:
                      Hawaii 14½ NEVADA

That reads Hawaii -14.5.

Maybe something got transposed if you did some formatting.

Anyway, since Nevada didn't even cover the phantom -14.5 it's a moot point unless someone is going to try to claim Nevada PLUS 14.5.

Where can we reach you to notify you if something like this happens again?

Comment

IN the future, if you cant catch me in the forum, contact Jeff @ BW, he has my contact info. Again, sorry 4 the mixup, but that is how the line was posted on Tue in the USA today, doubt if there was any trasposing issues, prolly just a mistake by who ever inputed the numbers in at USA.

Comment

Working...
                        X