Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I have found every bad beat this week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I have found every bad beat this week!

Holy crap! I am on freaking tilt!!!!!!

I had Vikings +6, fumble return for TD, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... Kickoff return, whew! Then they are driving and a crappy screen pass is returned for a TD! Freakin' great!

Then in the afternoon game, I love the Fins +7. Interception return for a TD with less than 2 minutes to go in the game. OMG!

Now, this afternoon, I fell in love with IU getting 17 @ IA. I was up +27 going into the 4th quarter, I went outside to do yard work and was fuming I listening to the final 7 minutes of the game!

I know we will have miracle covers and bad beats, but c'mon three dreadful bad beats in the last three wagers! Hell, I have been outscored 50-0 in the fourth quarter in my last two games!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still fuming from that IU game. Ole' well, mine as well drain my sadness in a couple bags of Halloween candy!

Sounds like the refs handed Iowa a few calls to seal the deal. But a win would be enough. They don't have to give them the cover too!

Many calling it one of the worst beats and mooses in their gambling careers.

Comment

I'm glad I bought 3 pts on the parlay

Comment

It was a horrible bad beat. Even after all the bad calls, if they just tackle him on that last play, the game is over. Iowa would just have ran out the clock.

Comment

That was the play that lit me up! Tackle that guy.

Then again, I just had the opposite happen to me on the Boise St. game. Run 30 yards for a TD w/ 20 seconds left to get the cover.

It should all even out in the end, I guess and hope!

Comment

It may even out in the end, but you remember the bad beats alot more than you do the lucky wins.

Comment

I have two every bit as good as that...one was a guy I knew that was a bartender at the local dog track, he was (and if still alive probably still is) the world's biggest loser.

He is tending bar on a Monday night and has a 5 team parlay alive needing the Saints +2 on MNF. Saints are down one and driving in final 15 seconds with no time outs....Steve Walsh gets about a 24 yd completion to the opponent's 15 yd line....they rush up to spike the ball and the bartender is all smiles and giving high fives and carryin on as he is about to hit a sweet payoff, probably highlight of his life. Walsh has the ball slip out of his hand on the attempted spike and the ball takes a crazy two bounces right into the hands of some DB who goes 85 yds the other way to crush the cover. OMG as much as I have endured my share of hideous beats, I couldn't stop laughing at what had just happened. This dude was the type that could win an all expense paid cruise for two in a raffle......on the Titanic.

The second was mine. This has got to be worst betting bad beat ever. Got some college team (wish I could remember) getting 11.5 winning outright by 22 in mid 2nd half. Game somehow goes to OT......they are still down only 7 with about 10 seconds left in OT when they foul and the guy makes first FT to put em up 8...bricks second one and my team has two guys battle for the rebound and they deflect it into the basket so now I am still only down 10 with 8 seconds left. One of the guys that defelected the ball back into the basket grabs the ball and kicks it into the crowd and starts a swearing tirade and OOF!!! Technical fouls are called. Of course I knew what was coming at that point.....nothing but net on both...I lose by 12.

It took a while to get over that one but it is kinda funny thinking about loss even after all these years. You are rigth, the fluke wins sure don't stick like the bad beats.

Comment

I've had some bad ones in my time but here's the one that sticks out the most.

I've got Kansas -8.5 in a hoops game against Kansas State a couple years ago. Kansas is up by 11, rebounds a miss by Kansas St with 20 or so seconds left. K-State decides not to foul and let Kansas run out the clock, giving me the victory. With about 8 seconds left, Kansas player who is dribbling out clock, turns to the sideline and purposely (I kid you not) throws the ball out of bounds. Apparently it was senior night and he wants to be taken out of the game so he can get a standing ovation. Now I'm fearing the worst (a K-State 3 pointer). Instead K-State drives to the hoop, gets a layup, but they call a foul on Kansas. He hits the free throw and I lose by a half point.

Comment

That kind of crap is why I no longer wager on basketball. Seems if I were on every loser possible. Besides, five months of football is enough stress for me!

Comment

Here is my worst football beat ever, about 10-12 years ago. I have Pitt+7 in two, 2000 dollar teasers with the other sides already in. Pitt is playing Tenn and winning by 1 with 5 seconds left in the game. Tenn kicks the field goal to go up by 2. The ensuing kickoff is a scwib kick to the 45 yd line. Pitt down by 2 has to get a TD to win so they start lateralling the football. The eighth guy laterals it from about the 2 yd line and Tenn jumps on it for a Td and wins by 8. It was a 8400 dollar swing.

Comment

Working...
                    X