Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B12 and others

Officially 2-2 on this site.
    Last week two fav winners and two fav losers (outright no less).
    This week...
    K-State +1.5
    Once again, Vegas is not making sense to me. Who's more dangerous? KU's Reesing-Briscoe-Meier or MU's Gabbert-Alexander-?? KU!
    KSU shut down the KU last week and I think KU would be 3pt fav or pk vs the Tigers if their game were played this week. The betting public still isn't convinced that it is late in the 2009 season and I think that this spread favoring MU is reflective of preseason expectations.
    There is much I'm hearing about infighting within the MU team (team v coaches, upper classmen v lower, offense v defense... sounds crazy and probably largely is but I also think that rumors start somewhere). This is Senior Day for K-State and a chance to become bowl eligible (2 wins v DII opponents). KSU is undefeated at home this season. Coach Snyder has never lost to Pinkle. Gabbert did have the 2nd best passing day in MU history last wk in loss to Baylor but MU's rushing attack is lacking (it IS a spread offense thogh) w/ leading rusher Washington having 500 yds & 5 td's. Conversely, K-State's Daniel is a 1000+ yd rusher already w/ 11 td's (played sparingly early season and only 1st half in blowout win vs A&M). Every time I see him I say the same thing as he breaks tackles... "Man among boys". If you haven't yet seen him u may have a chance to peek in on him tomorrow (Versus @ 11:30ct). Quite a specimen. I'm not looking it up but still think Mu hasn't scored a TD in the 2nd half of any conference game. If KSU has the lead at the half... game over. As it is... predicting KSU to again control the lines and the clock. After MU takes early lead K-State gets a big play en route to 23-17 win.

Awaiting ph call from down south but leaning heavily OSU -4 vs. TTech.
    Also considering these home underdogs: KU, UNC, Marshall.
    Marshall's best D in conference coming off bye week. I heard that UNC never lost to Miami at home (correct?). KU can save their season and become bowl eligible.

Any info or corrections on these is appreciated as always.

I like Kan St also. Weird line.

Comment

Other plays

I'm OFF of the Ok St & KU games(RELUCTANTLY).
      But I am playing UNC +3, Marshall +3.

Good luck!

Comment

Well, that was embarrassing

Going to try some negative reinforcement and make myself relive Saturday by bumping this weak-ass prediction post

So how about that Saturday?
        Speaking of losing, it's become abundantly clear that I can not separate common sense from wishful thinking. Twd the end of the 3rd qtr of MU marking their territory on the heads of the Wildcats, I remembered that I posted in this forum last week that MU would run the table. Yes, that was before their Baylor debacle but I shuda known to just stay away from this one. KSU had their chances but turnovers and running into a stouter than expected d-line was the difference. And all apologies to Gabbert and Alexander... again, wishful thinking.

Marshall game: Hard to win if you can't hang on to the ball.

No doubt about it, Vegas has me SCARED. Was going to place a last minute wager on under 43 of the NU/KU game and when I logged on it was at 44.5... so I didn't take it. Doesn't make a lot of sense, huh? Turns out was a good thing. I did throw it in a 10 pt teaser w/ Marshall and UNC that ended up hitting (barely). Actually, I suppose fear's probably not the worst emotion to have in this line of work.

With all of the hype and banter leading up to the Purdue/Mich St. game yesterday, that result had to be worse than losing. (Well, probably not)

Just have to giggle at USC losing again with all that "talent".

Is that dingbat Harbaugh REALLY that good of a coach?

Speaking of coaches, I absolutely hate Lane Kiffin. Did he rub a lamp and get three wishes as a kid or something? Who the hell else could get so much by doing nothing and achieving even less? Asst Coach USC. HC Raiders. HC Vols. Why? Because who his daddy is, who he coached for, who he was fired by? YES. And obviously it doesn't hurt to be a lying, self-involved, idiotic egocentric disguised as an overly confident a-hole either. Just shows what acting like you know what you're talking about gets you these days (I guess. lol) I'd wager that there are several personalities just like his but w/out the "connections" on death row. God I hope the Vols miss out on a bowl.

The NU/KSU game next week is for the B12 North Division Championship. I actually wouldn't be surprised if K-State pulled off the win but do think NU shud start as a 12 pt fav. If it opens at 9 or less I'd be tempted to take the huskers myself but I'm not betting on them like did last year (ez winner) as I'm probably going to the game and rooting against your team/wager is just no fun. Conversely, I'm not touching KSU getting anything less than 15.5. Unless I'm drunk.

Next week will be better. Next week will be better. Next week...

Comment

Glad there is another Big 12 guy around here..

Nebraska opens up as 16 point favs...I think there is some value there with K-State--If they would have showed up last week,the line would be 4-6 points less.

I like the Cats there.

Another interesting game is Mizzou -13 over Iowa State.

Loving the points there with the Cylcones. Again, goign back to value, if Mizzou wouldn't have won so big against K-State, I think this would be a single-digit spread.

The only question I have is where ISU's motivation is...They got win #6 which is huge for the program, but can they get uop one more time and possibly win to make their bowl resume better...I think so. If they don;t win, they will at least hang within the 13.

Comment

Working...
          X