screw it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screw it

Ive been beat to death gonna play the free stuff in here I cant stand the the way the dogs have covered I have throat cancer and have nothing to lose and I still lose, cant take any more gonna pay my man and call it a day fuck football and vegas can kiss my ass

I feel your pain. Its been a rough season for me too. Breaking even would be a dream at this point.

Comment

I mostly only play the free stuff for fun any more. Hard to beat that juice in the long run.

I do play the Carib contest. You pay $250 and play for $5,000 every week and prizes from $75,000 to $1,000 for the year. This way, you only risk $250 and you can play for some serious dough. This seems to be the right balance.

GL

Comment

Yeah, Thats kind of what I am thinking.

If there is someone who is winning consistently this year in both college and pro, I'd like to know who they are. Iknow there are a few, but I cannot see many hitting over 55% really? Maybe there are, but if their plays end up like some of mine, where you get lucky 1 out of 3 times, its pretty hard to make anyt cash long term, consistently.

I have cut donw my unit wager a lot this year, and mostly playing for fun and a few bucks, but if I was putting a lot of cash on these picks of mine, I would be broke...

But also that the golden rule of betting...Only bet what you can afford to lose!

I am thinking of playing that Carib contest next year actually.

here is one example that capped off my week last night... (and then I am done bitching for a while, I promise!) I play some multi-sport, multi team parlays once and a while, and long story short, I had the Lakers on the ML (just have to win SU), to finish off a nice parlay, with a decent payday to salvage my day. Anyway, the Lakerds are 9 point favs, at home, off a bad loss on Friday night at Denver, and they only have to win the damn game--

Well, they get BEAT by 8...I bet that would only happen 1 out of 10 times.

(BTW the play, I wanted to play but missed it, the Clippers, won SU as a 5 point dog..)

Comment

Hey daddyd, keep you head up. Life can always be a hell of a lot worse in reallity. Betting to me is strictly entertainment and the day i lose and get legitimately pissed im done for good. Best of luck with the things that truely matter in life.

Comment

That's a nice post there "Z"........All of this pales in comparison to the ups & downs in "real life".

Personally speaking, I think I'm involved in too many areas to zero in on my plays this year........I'm in 3 season-long pick 'em contests for nice payoffs -- if you can get it, 4 Fantasy Football Leagues for decent $$$, parlay betting every weekend, and of course the usual Vegas donations and online wagers........but sometimes I find myself with conflicts of interest.

I'm rooting for a particular team from a betting standpoint, but then I'll have a fantasy player on the opposing team that I want to do good, and then I'm rooting for a dog to cover the spread in one contest, but only the favorite to win in a "straight-up" contest.........and it's just all crashing on me this year..........I'll have one great weekend followed by 3 bad ones........and of course it's always the same old story of betting big money on the losers, and having the winning teams on small plays.........What else is new ? !!!
            ;)

Comment

Boone, if you are interested in swapping emails, I think I can be of assisstance. If so, I think the only way we can is through the site. Give Jeff or bettorsworld your email. And leave me a post you have done so. Then I will in return do the same. Look not promising you retirement, but I think you will glad you did. RR84 IF not, GL to you and everyone else.

Comment

If you need anymore reason to do so. Check out sports-bettors.com. In particular, Don't pay attention to me in the boxes (college and pro) but Carlson capper. New on the scene. who is it? My wife. She has taken a few hints from RR84. GL Boone, and everyone else!!

Comment

DaddyD, gambling in general is almost a no win situation. I have lost so much money in the past it is Unreal. Anybody that says different is lying. We have all been at our wits end. Sorry that things have not went well for you. Good luck on what ever faces you!! RR84

Comment

You guys are the best when you think about it gaming is only entertainment and when you lose and lose it is not entertaining. In the big picture it is just a piece of your life. If you can afford to lose and you enjoy it then have fun with it. I didnt want to be so dramatic in my post but I was frustrated. I hope all enjoy whatever indulgence they chose.I will continue to support this site.

Comment

And the other part that sucks, is that I hate losing as most around here probably do.
                      Especially when I spend time doing something, and then the result is exact opposite of what I tried to predict--Thats the most frustrating part for me, I think.

Might as well thrown a dart I think sometimes, you still have a 50-50 cahnce to win even with the spread.

As I have heard somewhere before, "Luck is what happens when you work hard". (Except for in sports gambling).

Comment

Stay strong Daddyd. Hope your spirits have picked up in the
                        last few days.

Comment

Working...
                        X