No announcement yet.

Early Super Bowl Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My system nailed the Saints picking them to win straight-up. Made a nice come-back hitting the Superbowl $100 on the money line and $100 with the points. See you next football season.

DINGER

Comment

for giggles and grins look at brandon langs free video tomorrow and listen to what he says. I have to admit although i said i was off playing the games with the book I backslid and played some being down about 250 I played a dollar on the saints and a hook of the saints and over for a quarter so 75 net making a smaller payment but after this i am only playin contest in here hope everyone made money this season.

Comment

Wow....Brees hit 32 of 39 and Colston even let an absolutely perfect pass go right through his hands that should have been another completion. The Colts ended up allowing a 70.6 percent completion rate and 1590 passing yds (318 yds per game average) in the 5 games against Warner, Schaub x 2, Brady and Brees, the only really good passing teams they faced all year. I think Minnesota would have had equally as good success against them. Congrats to the Saints and their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger
          I think many bettors fall into the trap "What have you done for me lately. The last impression is the lasting impression.

The Cowboys thump the Eagles and everyone on TV is ready to crown there a$$. Then they get man handled by the Vikings.

The Colts were losing to the Jets, luckily they missed two field goals or this games momentum could have pushed the Jets a little further. Instead they gave Peyton a short field and he made them pay 10 fold just like he did against the Patriots. That took the wind out of the Jets sail and they evetually crashed and burned.

Both teams are close to even on both sides of the ball, but here are the three keys.

Turnover Battle
          Refs Bad/Stupid calls (Please not again)
          Momentum changes (See first two points)
          My key points were:

Turnover battle. Only needed one (Big)

Refs: Nothing glaring.

Momentum: Garcon dropped pass on 3rd down
          Onside kick
          Missed 51 yard FG from Colts
          INT for TD

Thats it in a nut shell.

Comment

Brees was awesome after a slow start. 29-32 after the first quarter and one was a spike and one Reggie Bush dropped!

Saints D was better than I expected. I had Saints pegged for 31 exactly but I had Peyton Manning carving up the Saints' D for about 38. I went with Indy over 30.5 and game over 56.5. Wrong! Too many FGs and long, methodical, dink and dunk drives to go over.

Glad to see Brees get the much deserved triumph. Spread the glory around.

I'm sure Minnesota feels like they are the best team in football now!

Comment

Working...
            X