Rickjs handicapping picks wk of 03/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rickjs handicapping picks wk of 03/15

We lost with our nhl lean sunday...lines are up now for the 1st round in the ncaa tourney.

The only play so far is

716 Texas -4

I will post as plays develop both in the nit and ncaa.

RickJ
    Rickjshandicappingpicks.blogspot.com
    Twitter: rickjsportplays

2 NIT plays

634 Dayton -7
    643 Nevada +8

RickJ

Comment

tues ncaa baskets

Nothing yesterday and today nothing new except 2 games I posted last night for tomorrow.

634 Dayton -7
      643 Nevada +8

As always I will update my blog and twitter if anything new develops.

An email:

"Hello Rick !

I`am writing to You from central Europe. Recently, I have looked over your picks and I would like to ask you two things. The first one is connected with the number on the left side of the name of the bet, for example: "594 Towson -2.5". I assume that it is the number of the bet. If yes, on what site you make bets if I can ask ? The second thing and the most important is the handicap, for example: "594 Towson -2.5" In this example you thought that Towson was going to win by more than 2,5 points or you thought that towson was going to lose by more than 2,5 points. In my country, terminology of handicap means that Towson is sort of losing before the game by -2,5 and despite this, the team is going to win, so betting this match we think that team will win by three points or more. In US might be different situation so I decided to ask You before using your picks."

"My response:

The number on the left is the Nevada rotation number. It makes it easier to locate since most books put out there numbers in that order.

The line is different in the u.s then Europe. While you use a decimal system for displaying odds the most common in the U.S is a line for the game that theoretically is supposed to be a 50-50 bet and you lay juice on both sides.

There are many converters on the web that will convert the line to Decimal if it makes it easier for you to evaluate the game."

Good Luck today

RickJ
      rickjshandicappingpicks.blogspot.com

Comment

Thurs ncaa baskets

We had an easy time of it on Wedn with our 1st two tournament picks. Dayton won by 21 as a 7 pt favorite and nevada won by 4 as a 8pt dog.

Today we have texas -4 as a carryover. The line is 5 this morning and I would still lay the 5 but no more then that.

There is nothing else I can see yet although there are 2 nhl games that may develop into plays.

Good Luck today

rickj
        rickjshandicappingpicks.blogspot.com

Comment

Friday ncaa baskets

Thurs we lost with Texas -4. If you were looking for an exciting game
          you got it. Texas came back from 12 down in the 2nd half to put
          the game into overtime. Then went ahead by 8 in OT..only to miss 4 free throws in a row and have Wake hit 2 threes..to lose the game by 1.

Today 1 play in ncaa baskets:

850 Maryland -9.5

Good Luck Today

RickJ
          Twitter: Rickjsportplays

Comment

Sat ncaa baskets

Friday we won our play on Maryland -9.5. It was close but the end game went our
            way and Maryland won by 12.

Today there is nothing I can see. We are 3-1 now in our tournament picks but it
            probably will be a bit tougher to find decent plays. I have looked over the games
            for Sunday and Monday and so far nothing there yet either.

As always I will update my blog and twitter if anything develops.

I received the following email:

" Why is it you dont have more nhl plays. Also do you plan on putting out
            baseball plays this season"

My Response:

" I have been doing this now for a number of years and the trend has been for each sport with the exception of ncaa baskets of less plays but a winning percentage at the end of the season. The Nhl is no exception. I have isolated a certain subset of games that shows promise in beating the spread and then using my methods of handicapping to just that subset. This season in the nhl has been very promising and despite a smaller number of plays we have hit a nice percentage with little drawdown this season.

Mlb is still in the adjusting stage. I am sorry to say that since I have been handicapping baseball with my methods I have yet to have a winning season

Saying that I have again parred down the game universe I will be working with. I have a subset of all the games I will be using to handicap that shows the most promise for beating the spread using my methods. This is going to result in similar to the nhl fewer
            plays but hopefully a positive result. We will see

RickJ

Comment

Working...
            X