Rickjs handicapping picks wk of 03/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rickjs handicapping picks wk of 03/22

Nothing the last few days and again nothing today. In addition I have reviewed
    the games this week and nothing really stands out as a play. Of course that
    can change.

So things are slowing down but of course we have baseball right around the corner.

A word of warning about baseball. I have not had a winning season in
    baseball since I started this blog. But as I have done in the nhl I am
    picking out a subset of games I feel has the best chance of beating
    the spread and applying my methods only to this subset. This will
    result in fewer plays but I am optimistic a positive result at the
    end of the season.

As most of you know I talk about human nature from time to time on this blog. Usually
    as it applies to the various personality types you meet at the poker tables. But
    this time it rears its head up in a different place:

I post in a variety of boards because I enjoy the give and take between handicappers and also like to share my work. Its a hobby to me similar to the way someone works crossword puzzles or anagrams.

I have been posting on this one board for over 4 years now. And my posts are all in the same format usually very similar to what I put up on my blog. But after 4 years all
    of a sudden 1 day my post without notice to me is moved to the "tout section " of the board. I send an email out to the moderator and here is what I get back:

"It was reported as promoting, and when I read the post it seemed to be promoting a service with all the references to "we".

Plus it told people to go to your blog for updates:

As always I will update my blog and twitter if anything new develops."

You just have to scratch your head. As most of you know good content is hard to find
    on most of these sports betting boards. And here you have someone that has posted the entire ncaa basketball season with his picks and hit a bit over 60% and then after 4 years you want to nitpick with him over the word "we" and letting people know that he only has time to update during the day on his blog since he plays poker during the afternoon.

Needless to say he has lost a good free content provider for his board.

You never know what to expect from human nature. Its very random and illogical. But of course if you expect that it doesn't seem all that strange. My years at the poker tables has conditioned me

As always I will update this blog and twitter if anything develops today.

Good Luck

RickJ
    Rickjshandicappingpicks.blogspot.com
    Twitter: rickjsportplays

overnight

Its been awhile but there is an overnight :

774 Virginia Tech -6

RickJ

Comment

wedn nhl play

LA Kings +110

RickJ

Comment

Sat ncaa baskets

Nothing again today although there is an nhl game that could develop into
        a play.

It starts at 4 pst. If anything develops I will update on this blog and twitter.

I received the following email:

"Rick,

I really enjoyed your poker posts when you were posting them almost daily. I went back
        and reread your poker section and its great. Why dont you post these anymore? They were educational and very entertaining.

Thanks"

My response:

" For some strange reason back when I started posting my poker comments I had a strong desire to write them. Now it has subsided somewhat. But now that things have slowed down I will in all likelihood start up again from time to time. Although I always welcome any questions regarding poker"

Good Luck Today

RickJ
        Rickjshandicappingpicks.blogspot.com
        Twitter: rickjsportplays

Comment

Working...
        X