Sweet Sixteen Breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Sixteen Breakdown

I thought I'd start a new thread for the sweet sixteen games.

Here are my initial thoughts:

Cornell/Kentucky over 147- It seems somewhat counterintuitive that Cornell would want to run with Kentucky however that is probably their best chance to get open looks. i am leaning towards Cornell but I think the best play is the over.

W. Virginia -4.5 The injury to the WVU point guard is a big one but I don't think will effect them all that much in this game though. The Mountaineers should be able to control the pace and the paint and get the cover.

K State -5.5- This should be a pretty competitive game however I don't think Xavier will be able to consistently score in this game and ultimately will find themselves in a deficit that they can't get out of.

Friday:

N Iowa- I am going to keep riding the Panther bandwagon. Mich st gave it their all to get the W last week against Maryland, couple that with the injury and I think they won't have enough in the tank to hang with the Panthers.

St Mary's +4.5 I like the makeup of the Gaels and think they have real good leadership. Baylor is a very talented team but I think the moment will be too big for the Bears and they will ended succumbing to the pressure.

Duke/Purdue under 127- Of course Purdue is going to want a real ugly game here and I think they will get it.

Let's get some posts going!

Good Luck!
    Swicat

No other picks from anyone? Wow, i guess everyone is too worried about health care reform or something.

Anyhow train wreck tonite with N. Iowa. Too bad, they really could have taken it but unfortunately were not up to the task

not sure what to say about St Marys. God awful.

Anyhow i will be out of town so likely my last post until next week.

I have to go with Butler and W. Virginia on Saturday. I think W. Virginia especially can handle the Kentucky front line and they definitely will not turn over the ball as much.

Butler should be pretty well rested and can match up with K states guards defensively. They may not win but it will be a dogfight.

For Sunday, i have to take Tennessee. They showed no fear tonite and unlike N iowa should not shrivel up when it matters.

No real opinion on duke and Baylor. Will be rooting for Duke just for my brackets only.

Hard to believe our group of cappers are keeping their thoughts to themselves. would love to see some debate.

Good Luck,
    Swicat

Comment

I had a computer crash, so I have been out of the loop. I won with Michigan State the other night and picked up a couple more wins with Butler and WV, but lost the WV under.

Sunday--

After further review, i think my best play is a teaser--

Michigan State +7
      Duke pk

I think Tenny wins by a small margin.

Comment

Working...
      X