Final 4 Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final 4 Saturday

I really think these games could go either way so hard to make a strong bet on anything but here are my top 3 for the games today in order of strength.

1. Michigan State +2 over Butler...In a toss up, you have to tkae the points. Butler is a great story, but MSU is a smart, gritty team that can keep it close and win it late if needed when the pressure is on. Public is slightly on Butler too which made my mind up at the end.

2. WV/DUKE UNDER 131...Slow pace if WV stays in the game which I expect they will until late.

2. Duke -145 ML over West Virginia...Don't want to mess with the points here and don't want to take WVU either. My brain is saying WV but someohow I think Duke pulls this one off. I really think the line should be more of a pk'em game and the fact that Duke is giving almost 3 is odd to me.

Again, no real strong plays, just a few bucks for entertainment purposes mostly.

What do you guys think?

Really no opinion, Kind of would love to see Butler in just because of them being this years long shot. Give the edge to Duke with both teams being so close in talent I think coaching will play a part in it. Not wagering on it just a fan of the tournament. You would think Carpet would have a pretty good handle on the Butler/ Mich st. game. Both teams are from his neck of the woods. Anyway, Good luck to you Woodee!! RR84

Comment

Michigan States strength inside and its superior rebounding COMBINED with its long defense will be just way to much for the Butler Bull Dogs.

While Duke has used this week to practice against WV vaulted zone defense it cannot duplicate its size. This defense which extends well beyond the perimeter will
      give Duke fits. This game sure looks like a defensive
      battle on both sides of the ball.

Since the pools came out the entire world has said Duke
      has the easiest path to the final four, and they were correct, now that path is blocked by a fiesty team
      from WV, I like the style of WV play and will take WV
      and the points

GL all

Comment

I don't have a real strong opinion on either game.

I am kind of locked in with WVU as if they win, I win my pool. Eventhough I should hedge with Duke, I really don't want to as i think WVU takes care of business today.

Butler/Mich St- For one of these 2 teams their luck will run out. Both got a bunch of breaks/bounces in the last round to get here. I think Butler is better suited to beat Mich St than the other way around as the bulldogs are a disciplined team and their offense won't make silly mistakes that MSU took advantage of. However, MSU has been on a real roll and I am not ready to bet against them.

Good Luck!
        Swicat

Comment

If the same officiating crew does the title game on Monday night Butler will be a lock. Spartans were getting mugged in last 6 minutes and the peas must have fallen out of the whistles, especially that last foul that wasn't called when State took possession with :23 left and the dude was hammered in the paint on the shot and Clark Kellogg proclaimed, "That was just good defense Jim." What it was was basically an assault.

But make no bones about it, Michigan State sucked balls all game at the free throw line and deserved to be sent home. If you can't make free throws then look in the mirror for your failure. And Butler can't score worth a shit either.......I am pounding Duke/W Va winner on Monday.

Its a LOCK.

Comment

Hart Attack, Like I said I don't know squat about basketball. But I do know how to wager and what to look out for. After I posted earlier, I realized that Mich st lost their last spread and Butler has won several in a row. I'm being for real; I have been playing golf all day and haven't heard any score. I'm not a basketball for say fan. But I knew in that instant that Butler was going to win.
            I never saw a play of the game and to this point don't know the final score. NEVER BET AGAINST SOMEONE THAT IS HOT and DON'T BET ON SOMEONE THAT IS NOT!!!! RR84"S Bible. Choose another game or just drink a beer and pass!!!

Comment

For the national championship game- my thoughts

Well as Rick J pointed out there is a lot of movement on Duke. who can blame the public, Duke dominated the other night in every facet of the game.

I do think that will work against the Blue Devils however. It is hard to play that well two games in a row and if you are a Duke player or coach you are most likely saying let's do the same thing again, no need to make any changes.

Meanwhile, Butler knows they will have to play Duke differently than WVU did and will defiinitely have some wrinkles that Duke will have to adjust to. Therefore my big play is Butler +4.5 in the first half as I think they will come out well prepared.

I will also take the points for the game and the under but as smaller plays.

Good Luck!
              Swicat

Comment

I like the dookiees defense and will take the
                team called duke and give up the 7

Butlers big guy howard is the name i think
                took a head head shot off the battleship green down
                low from michigan state last game and I am hearing he still
                aint right.

Comment

I like Butler 1st half and for the game and the under also.

Really like the fact that Duke was on fire last game and the public saw that. Gives us some extra value on Butler I think.

I grabbed the +8 (-120) the other night and really likr Butler to keep in within striking istance to the end.

Comment

Hard to go against a team that has won 25 straight, has been in every game, and plays such good defense, and getting that many pts to boot.

Comment

Yes

Comment

What a great game that was, regardless of what side you were on.

Comment

NEVER BET AGAINST SOMEONE THAT IS HOT. RR84S BIBLE Congrats Dragon!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X