Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woodie, what's your take of the Cards game today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodie, what's your take of the Cards game today?

Suppan sucks! He sucked with the Brewers. With the Cards, 4.20ERA, 1.7 WHIP!!

I am expecting Suppan to give up 6 and be pulled after 4. From there, LaRussa will burn the backend of the bullpen save the guys for the remaining games this weekend.

Throw out Wells' last start against the Cards, he was not 100%. Omit that game and his ERA drops from 4.33 to 3.93. Last July, Wells gave up 4 runs and 2 HRs in a game vs. Cards @ Wrigley.

It is really warm and humid downtown, and it's only 9! Whatever front was hanging around this morning has lifted it is partly sunny with a SW breeze that should last for most of the game.

I was anticipating 9 total without factoring in the wind. Pinnacle has the total @ 11.

So, 2 runs added for SW winds at 14? OK

I might jinx myself on this post, but I'm playing the over, and the Cardinals bats should snap out of that 1 hit in 11 innings yesterday. Yikes!

Yeah, Suppan is just filling space and sucking up air but he is a Vet that can come out and pitch fairly well at times as he showed against the Didgers last time out.

But last time against the Cubs he gave up 6 I think.

Wells gave up a bunch last time and did not even get an out against the Cards.

So I think the OVER is worth a look. My book has 11.5 (-120) now.

I kind of like the OVER 6 on the Cubs team total myself. But I don't really want to root for the Cubs to score runs either so its a double edge sword for me.

It may be a wild one. I should have taken the ticket I wwas offered and just went and enjoyed it in person!!

Comment

Too bad, I would have took the L just to meet up with you for a beverage.

I'm pulling for the Cards bats to liven up.

It is clearing up more, I just don't see any flags from my view, so I will run out over lunch to see how windy it truly is.

Comment

I got on the OVER 11.5 at -110.

I saw a report of 14-16 MPH blowing out and gusts up to 25.

If it were other pichers, I would probably pass but these guys are average, and if a flyball is up, it will be out.

Both team bats are hot, besides yesterday for the Cards (Hamels had good stuff).

See an 8-7 type of game.

Comment

What a crap call. Neither team is hitting. After I played my play, I read A quote by Larusssa saying the "hot weather makes the bats a little heavier". Thats true. Even when the wind is blowing out.

An over with the wind blowing out at wrigley is kind of like playing an under when its snowing or raining in football. Seems like an easy win but a lot of the time the contrarian approach works better.

Comment

Wow, I wasn't even close.

I have a some luck with the over earlier in the season with AZ, even took it with a total of 14!!

I cannot figure out why Albert is not hitting.

No excuses not to push a few runs in.

Oh well, let's them next time!

Comment

Sunday Night--

Althought the public is pounding the Cards, I am going with STL tonight -128 over the Cubs.

Think it comes down to the managers, and Tony has the edge here. Plus Dumpster got shelled by the Cards last time out.

4-3 Cards.

Comment

Working...
              X