Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Raiders Sec Preview (South Carolina Gamecocks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Raiders Sec Preview (South Carolina Gamecocks)

Quarterback Steven Garcia produced more yds. last year in conference games than any other qb. in the Sec. He is quietly becoming a star in the conference. South Carolina signed Parade All American Marcus Lattimore to help out with the running game. Between these two and a host of talented wide-outs the Gamecocks should be much improved on the offensive side of the ball.

Now to the negative on offense. This line stunk last year and even though they should be improved, it remains a serious question mark. Carolina was dead last in the sec in rushing offense and eleventh in scoring offense and it was mostly because no one blocked anybody.

The good news is on the defensive side of the ball. The line led by tackle Ladi Ajiboye and end Cliff Mathews should be strong. Carolina last year was near the top of most defensive stats and should be this year.

The loss of All American linebacker Eric Norwood is huge, but Shaq Wilson should fit in nicely to fill the void. The secondary is loaded with talent return three of four starters including safety
    . The kicking game should also be solid.

Overall this should be the best Carolina team in a while. If Garcia can remain healthy and not make the mental mistake in the big game as he's been prone to do, I like the Gamecocks chances to challenge the Gators for the Sec East. After all Florida, Tennessee and Georgia are all breaking in new qbs.

The problem may be the schedule. Away games at Auburn and Florida. Tough home games against Bama, and Arkansas. I really think the key game for them is their sec opener against Georgia. If they win that game it could set the tone for a really great year. This is a team on paper that really looks good. Now can they go out and do it?

Red Raiders prediction: Best case scenario; I think 9-3 and that's if everything fall into place. Worst case scenario; another 7-5 season like last.

Lastly I will say this, This will be a dangerous team who could easily win the Sec east this year. I would not want to play them in Columbia!!!

Great Write up Red Raider

SC also has a very good Head Coach and this is a very disciplined team. This was going to be my sleeper team for the year.

SC will go unbeaten in Columbia this year.

If you visit the Gamecocks Home page they have a Giant Clock counting down the time to kick off. These folks are serious about this team for sure.

Excellent write up Red Raider, thanks for sharing

Carpet

Comment

Thanks Carpet!!! If Spurrier does not win it this year, THEN WHEN???? Best chance for the Gamecocks in a while. I honestly think they will beat Florida in Gainsville. There, I said it!!! I even say bank it!!!!! FYI, I have watched alot of video on Lattimore........ OMG He is for real!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X