Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Raiders Sec Preview (Kentucky Wildcats)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Raiders Sec Preview (Kentucky Wildcats)

The offense: Kentucky should be okay at the qb position with Mike Hartline and Morgan Newton returning. Both have experience and are capable. Hartline looks to have the inside track to be the starter. Look for redshirt freshman Ryan Mossakowski to some because he has a big arm and can stretch the field.

The running back duties should fall to Derrick Locke who opted to stay for his senior year. Locke finished very strong at the end of last season and good thing because the Wildcats finished last in pass offense in the Sec. Behind Locke it is pretty thin though with very few with much experience

The receivers are led by big play maker Randall Cobb and senior Chris Mathews. Cobb will also line up as qb in the wildcat as he did last year to add another wrinkle in the offense. The receivers should be a strong area for the Wildcats.

The offensive line returns only one starter, but all five have playing experience. This could be a questionable area.

Defense: Losing Corey peters will hurt the cats some, but both ends return led by De Quin Evans who had 12.5 tackles for loss last season. They will also be replacing two of three linebackers.

The positive side of the defense is the secondary. Three of four return led by Paul Warford and Randall Burden at the corners and Winston Guy at Free Safety.

Bottom line: This Kentucky team beat Auburn and Georgia on the road last year and other than the Florida game were in most. I fully expect them to surprise a couple of more this year. The offense will be better and the defense should hold its own.

Red Raiders Prediction: Best case scenario;8-4. Worst case scenario 6-6. Kentucky has most of their toughest sec competition at home Georgia, Auburn, and South Carolina. If they could win 2 out of three of those and not lose a game their suppose to win then this season looks promising. If they lose all three and lose a couple they shouldn't then it could be the opposite. I like the Wildcats to make another bowl appearance and have a really good year.

Nice write up on KY Mr Red Raider

I see a 6-6 record for KY this year. They open with Louisville at Louisville and I think they lose the first game.

I see KY losing to Louisville, FL, Old Miss, SC, GA and TN and maybe Auburn.

Wins vs Wky, Akron, Miss St, Charleston and Vandy.

This team could actually go 5-7 in my humble opinion

Comment

Working...
    X