No announcement yet.

Red Raiders Sec Preview (Auburn Tigers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Raiders Sec Preview (Auburn Tigers)

Again, a team with two different seasons in one. Auburn came roaring out of the gate at 5-0 and looked great. After that, they were just mediocre at best.

Looks like Cameron Newton will get the nod at quarterback position. Newton, who is very elusive has looked great at times this spring but is unproven. He will be backed up by Neil Caudle. This could be an area of concern if Newton doesn't live up to expectations. Look for Codi Burns to line up in the wildcat to provide a spark...

At running back the Tigers lost a good one in Ben Tate. He will be replaced by Mario Fannin who has the potential to be almost as good. Look for top 5 prep Michael Dyer to get a chance to shine this year. The Tigers should be fine in this area because the offensive line should be one of the best in the sec and the nation. They have four of five returning, led by Lee Ziemba at tackle.

The receivers should be fine also with Darvin Adams, Terrell Zachery, Cody Burns, and watch for De Angelo Benton to come up big this year.

Defense, where were you last year? Auburn allowed an average of 27.5 pts. per game. They were near the bottom of most sec categories and there are serious questions this year.

The line had a big hit with the loss of Antonio Coleman 49 tackles 10 sacks. Two starters return led by Antoine Carter. This is an area of concern but overall I think they will be better than last years unit.

The linebackers are all back for the most part and are very good led by Josh Bynes 104 tackles last year. This will be a the strength of the defense this year....

The secondary was decimated by injury last year and in my view was a big reason why this defense ranked so low. This years unit should be back and healthy, so look for a major turnaround here...

On special teams the place kicker was excellent last year and should provide the team with another solid year....

Bottom line: Auburn put the points up last year and I fully expect them to do the same this year. This like South Carolina in the East, could be a dangerous team in the West.. I fully expect the defense to be MUCH better than last years unit. The Arkansas game will be big at home followed by the LSU game at home. The Tigers need to win one or both to be in the hunt..

Red Raiders Prediction: Best case scenario; 9-3. Worst case scenario; 7-5.

I really like their coach Gene Chizik... think he will fix most of the problems there if not this year, very soon!!! Besides Clemson, the Tigers have a soft non conference schedule so?????
Working...
X