PRE SEASON NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRE SEASON NFL

How does one handicap pre-season NFL????? To be honest, I just picked 5 plays..... How does one know who is going to play???? No worries, the sec is fixing to start!!! ROLL TIDE!!!!!! Trivia......What sec team has been undefeated the last two years(24-0) in non post season play????? ANSWER........ YOU KNOW!!! They may not win it this year, but you could always wager against them...... Go for it....Lose your ass........ Roll Tide!!!!

My first thought was Vandy......but seriously.
    I've know a few who have done quite well betting the pre-season. In
    fact, it has skewed their expectations when the regular season started.
    A common theme was to follow coach's historic trends for each of the
    four weeks. Dungy, Cowher, Shanahan and Parcels would be very consistant
    over the years. Now with, what many only 6-7 coachs with 4+ years with the
    same team that may not work. However, the Redskin's (Shanahan's) big show
    on Friday shows some of his pre-season history. Watch them pull back next
    week.......or could just tell you how bad the Bills are.

Comment

You can usually research and find out how long starters will be playing. Then you can look at the quality of the backups...primarily QB. Historical coaching tendencies, as mentioned. Some coaches like to win, others evaluate talent and not tip their hand too much. New coaches on new teams sometimes will want to instill a winning attitude from the start, teams that finished in the cellar will sometimes be hungrier for a win, etc. and generally speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
        What sec team has been undefeated the last two years(24-0) in non post season play????? ANSWER........ YOU KNOW!!! They may not win it this year, but you could always wager against them...... Go for it....Lose your ass........ Roll Tide!!!!
        Yeah, lousy competition will do that for a team

Comment

Come on Dragon... lousy competition, surely you jest... Well that lousy competition has won the last 4 national championships and I suspect someone in the sec will win it again. I love you my bettorsworld brother but please stay with the pros. This I give you... You are the man and I won't ever wager against you on the pros!!! Now the sec, I know it pretty good and have really spent way more time than last year following every team. Does that mean I will have the success I did last year, of course not!!! Me on the sec and you on the pros had a remarkable year. This year I know way more about every sec team than last... I have done my homework and then some. I'm fired up and ready as I'm sure you are for the pros.. Now as far as the pre-season goes... I stink at the regular season, so I personally don't expect much from myself. I won't argue with you about how to handicap the preseason because again you know way more about the NFL than I ever thought about knowing. I will follow you as well as Krichinsky and others because I stink at it!!! RR84

Comment

I was just pulling your chain, bro

Comment

Well......

I have a database going back for pre-season since 83. I started to merge it with my new regular season database that I have tweaked since the end the football season last year.

So far, the first week had some really strong stand out items. I look at the coaches in week 1. Shanahan was very strong in week 1. Indy never tries in any preseason game. Belichick had a very strong ATS/SU in week 1.

Plus, the Jets are something like 10-2 SU against the Giants.

I guess it is just luck.

Comment

hey red raider, did you see the stats from the alabama scrimmage game saturday?

PASSING LEADERS
                Greg McElroy - 26 for 33, 360 yards, 6 TD, 0 INT
                A.J. McCarron - 21 for 26, 241 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INT
                Phillip Sims - 5 for 10, 97 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

RUSHING LEADERS
                Mark Ingram - 9 rush, 28 yards, 1 TD
                Eddie Lacy - 8 rush, 24 yards, 2 TD
                Trent Richardson - 7 rush, 19 yards, 1TD
                Corey Grant - 4 rush, 13 yards

RECEIVING LEADERS
                Julio Jones - 7 rec., 99 yards, 2 TD
                Marquis Maze - 6 rec., 51, yards, 1 TD
                Earl Alexander - 5 rec., 87 yards, 2 TD
                Trent Richardson - 4 rec., 66 yards
                Kenny Bell - 4 rec., 39 yards
                Brandon Gibson - 4 rec., 29 yards
                Eddie Lacy - 4 rec., 26 yards
                Mark Ingram - 3 rec., 75 yards, 1 TD
                Preston Dial - 3 rec., 60 yards, 2 TD
                DeAndrew White - 2 rec., 87 yards, 1 TD

we had someinjuries at our corners and have moved some players around. ROLL TIDE

Comment

Working...
                X