Boise st.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise st.

I watched ESPN'S first and ten today... Topic Boise st.... Should they be number three?? I have no doubts that they are one of the top teams in the nation. The problem I have is could they survive a BCS conference schedule... Lets take Bama totally out of the equation... Could Boise st. go through the Big ten undefeated against the likes of Iowa, Ohio st., Wisconsin, and Penn st.?? Yes they could, but doubtful.... Give Ohio st. or the others mentioned Boise st's schedule and it over with... They are in the national championship... Hence my point... JUST MY THOUGHTS!!! Good luck all!!

Putting Bama in the equation.... Could Boise st. go to Fayetteville ARK, Columbia SC, Baton Rouge LA, and have Auburn, Florida and Penn st. visit and be in the national championship??? Not a fiiiiiiin chance... Totally BULL SHIT.. Until a playoff system comes into play, nobody with Boise's schedule should be an almost automatic to the title game.. They will probably go undefeated and will be there... I think they will; Now, they may beat whomever they play that day and become national champs. They are that good... The question today was will they deserve it??? My ANSWER IS.. BEAT BIG TEN, SEC,PAC TEN AND BIG TWELVE CONFERENCE OPPONENTS, GET THERE, WIN, AND YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Comment

Look at it from this prospective:

How many tough games does a team like Ohio St. have during the season (3 maybe 4 games (IA, Penn St., Wisconsin). Seriously, how many conference really have a murder's row of teams. Big 12 and SEC possibly, but at least half the schedule is truly a cake walk.

If Boise St. loses to VA Tech, it's a mute point. Especially if they get rolled.

Boise St. really only has two tough games and maybe throw in Nevada-Reno.

There would have been no issue if Boise St. was rolled in the OK bowl game or any bowl game. Oregon had their chance, but they had internal distractions.

Since that did not happen, the NCAA has created this monster from an extremely weak conference. Unfortunately, if they get through week 3 undefeated, they are going to be in the championship game.

Comment

TaxMan, you raise some good points regarding the 3 week session BSU will have to get thru. And I also agree that Nevada in Reno late November could be this teams last test.

Boise was ranked 1st in the nation last year in scoring at 42.2ppg

The defense was no slack 14th in the nation at 17 allowed a game.

They have a 56 regular season home winning streak.

A QB that passed for over 3500 yards and gave up only 3 picks.

This is a good team but I must factor in the conf and level of teams they face week in and week out. (Yes I know Fresno State is in that conf and beat Illinois last year 52-51)

BSU faces a MAJOR test with VT and you can bet they will be picking on the secondary of VT as soon as they get off the bus.

I am not going to bet this game BUT IF I DID, I would take VT in this game. I like VT defense a whole lot more than Boise.

Comment

Nice points taxman and Woodee... Got nothing at all againt Boise st. I think they are a great team and I for real when I say that I wouldn't want Bama to play on the blue field. They are awesome there... But how can one compare Wyoming, Idaho, and so many weak others to any conference.. Lets look at it another way.. Take Tennessee(no offense xbig). No way can they win the sec, but give them that schedule and a number three ranking and they won't win the national championship but will finish in a major bowl. Now this Tennessee team may not even make it to a bowl with the schedule they have....

I know I brag about Bama and the SEC.... But this league is brutal and the best.. That being said, I see the big ten being very good this year also the Pac ten will be better.. After that, I agree Taxman, most have a cakewalk... No argument Boise being very, very good... and should have a chance, but I believe you will see them in the national championship game.. I almost believe it is a lock. No way NEVADA BEATS THEM!!! If they get by Tech, WHICH THEY WILL... ITS OVER!!

Comment

Working...
          X