NCAA Football Upset of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Football Upset of the Week

This thread is dedicated to the upset of the week in College Football.

Post your best thoughts and picks right here all season.

Let me kick things off with the first upset pick of the year.

Purdue plus 11 vs ND

The Over and Under is 52 (Purdue is 28-11-1 on grass with the under)

The Line with ND is always inflated and it shows vs a 6th level Big 10 team. ND has to many question marks coming into this season to inflate the line that high.

I like Purdue to cover and just may win this straight. I also like the under in this game as the irish also play bad on grass the stats shows.

Purdue it is as our upset special of the week.

Please feel free to add your wildest thoughts on your upset and why.

Good Luck all

Carpet

hmm....this might make for a good contest. Pick underdogs to win straight up......

I don't know about Purdue though. I think Charlie Wies actually did a decent job recruiting while he was there. I think Notre Dame has the better talent and with Brian Kelly, and offensive guy, inheriting an offense that was already potent, going up against a Purdue defense that couldn't stop anyone, this could be a "hey I've arrived, and Notre Dame football is back" kind of game.....

Comment

If the object here is to go out on a limb with a good sized dog knocking off a favorite straight up, I'll take a shot with Oregon State knocking off TCU.

I just don't see this as a 13 point game. I like the points for sure and a straight up win certainly wouldn't shock me.

Write up on home page tomorrow

Comment

I like the thread and the insight.

I am a Purdue alum and I really think this might be an entertaining (high scoring) game.

Purdue O
        Lost Bolden to injury in spring practice
        Has Miami's transfer Robert Marve @ QB with WR Keith Smith (underrated in my opinion), Cortez Smith, and TE Kyle Adams
        K Carson Wiggs is 'thunder toe' he booted 59 yd FG vs. Toledo last year

Purdue D
        D-Line: Kerrigan had 13 sacks last year, strong on the ends
        LB: All starters return, that should make them better
        DB/Safeties: Look out!! No returning starters from last year!! If there is no pass rush, it will be a very very long game/season

I know ND will be ready since this Game 1 of the Brian Kelly era, and if they should lose, maybe Brian can go talk to Rich Rodriguez!!

I also know that Purdue does not do well on the road against average/above average teams (granted they did play Oregon tough last year, that was the game after the Boise St. debacle).

I am leaning over instead. That's my 2 cents!

Comment

yeah, good Thread. I 'd say that finding a dog of more than 4-6 is a good rule of thumb.

Basically trying to post the best underdog capable of getting the SU win without needing those poitns at all.

Contest or no contest, its a good weekly thread to strart with some insight added too, not just a pick like a contest.

Comment

Lets not make it a contest

The objective is going out on a good size limb knocking off a favorite straight up. Share your thoughts and picks right here. If we win on the points its a bonus.

Lets find the Dogs Together and keep your eye on that Purdue ND Game

Comment

I am down with the Beavers against TCU but my top dog pick is CSU + 14 vs. Colorado.

Swicat

Comment

Yeah, Swicat, thats the one I was looking at too. Colorado State is not great by any means but for a early, in-state rilvary, thats seems like too many points to me.

Also like that oregon State pick. Not so sure about Purdue, but leaning to the OVER in that game as the better play.

Comment

I like it.... something totally different. Should be lots of fun and entertaining... No pick yet but I'm in!!!

Comment

I'll join in as well. I'm thinking SMU +13 vs Tx. Tech is a good way to go.

Comment

I like that one Krichinsky!!

Comment

My pick is Memphis in the upset of the week contest..

Comment

maryland over navy

Comment

The SMU one is the one that seems most likely to me.

Comment

There are alot of great picks in this thread. I plan on tracking the picks posted here by members and betting on a few for sure.

Thank you all for joining,

I am still liking Purdue vs ND with this young transfer QB from Miami for Purdue. He sat out a year and was a starting QB for the Miami Hurricanes.

Every one knows this QB is a play maker but the chink on him was his
                              Interception ratio. He will force the ball at all directions trying to make a play. I dont think Purdue will be able to contain the passing game of ND ESPECIALLY if ND has time to throw.

This is a not to bad Purdue football team that is well coached. They will come prepared to play and I just love the points.

Comment

Working...
                              X