RR84S SEC PICKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR84S SEC PICKS

Wasn't really going to give one this early... but just to show non-believers....

North Western-5 1/2. WON'T BE EASY ... Vandys running game and defense keep it close for a while.... Very tough place to play in the SEC... NW pulls away late...

Memphis+21... The SEC WEST IS GOING TO BE AWESOME EXCEPT THE MISSISSIPPI TEAMS..

Not official picks, but if someone held a gun to my head Kentucky-3 and North Carolina at a pick!!!

Comment

Lets make the Kentucky pick official ... They are for real.. No way should this Louisville team be confused with those of the past... SO..

NW-5 1/2
      Memphis+21
      Kentucky-3 WOO HOO..... LOVE THE SEC....

Comment

i agree with your pickd RR, VANDY IS VERY BAD right now no qb no running game and the offense will sputter, their defense will not be very good either, nw has to find a new qb and a rb to step up for them, but i like their coach and their program to win by the line, miss st. running their new offense with a new qb this year won't be easy, memphis has mike dubose coaching lb's and i think memphis keeps it under 21, kentucky is banged up their defense will be weak, but i think their offense is alot better than louisville, kentucky has more quality players i think cobb will have a big game and i think hartline will be better this year, kentucky should cover the line here alot better offense than louisville

Comment

GL.

I am going back and forth on NW and now the line has risen out of my comfort zone on them I think. I like them to win, but those extra few points (probably will get to 6) do not sit well with me. I liked it at -3 but as it climbs and more people jump on, it makes me a little scared.

Been looking at UK all week as well. They have a talented team, but in-state rilvary at LVille.

NW has 81% on the bets on them, and UK has 75%. UK line has not moved either which is a concern when that many people are on them.

Comment

That Memphis line is a bit large for that rivalry since most of the players come from the same area, cant say that Iv seen it that large b 4..........who the F*$K is Miss St to be laying 21 points? I like Florida -35, that game will be over by half time.

Comment

i agree on florida, i see it over by halftime also, miami-ohio is ranked about 118 or 119, florida will use alot of players in the 2nd half also, should be very easy, good call

Comment

I Love your NW Pick Red Raider

Vandy returns almost nothing to the field this year coming off a poor season. Only wins came vs WC and Rice.

NW is 8-2 on opening day and 5-0 last five openers

NW is a much better team than Vandy and will wear vandy down a number 6 or 7 ranked Big ten team vs the bottom of the SEC should be a close game with NW covering by 2 points.

Comment

RR84

Any thoughts on LSU vs North Carolina being played on a neutral field in Atlanta? I'm seeing the public (90% to 95%) heavily on LSU as of today. I know NC has some player violation problems, but whenever 90% plus on a college favorite pops up, perhaps the underdog is the play. Depending where you go, the line is fav LSU @ -4, -4.5, or -5.

Also Butch Davis vs Les Miles is a consideration.

Thanks - your insight is appreciated on the SEC.

laxsfo99

Comment

This is a wait and see game because of the pending suspensions for the Tarheels.....today, they suspended Marvin Austin, perhaps their best defensive player, an end, and it seems likely there will be more players from the defense suspended. This game was pick, and has shot up to as high as 5 with news of the suspensions.....

Comment

Personally, I loved the Tarheels in this one. Still like the Tarheels IF the suspensions aren't massive. A player or two from this defense not playing will hurt, but won't kill this team. The defense is loaded. It figures to be a close, low scoring game. But if it ends up being half the defense not playing, I'd have to pass.

Comment

Depending on whose rules were broken, North Carolina football players could wind up in uniform Saturday against LSU in Atlanta, even if they are suspended for the game.

If an athlete is found to have broken a school rule, UNC could allow him to travel with the team and wear his uniform on the sideline.

But if any Tar Heel is found to have broken NCAA rules, he would not be allowed to dress for the game and likely wouldn't be on the sideline at all.
                        Quantcast

UNC is currently in the midst of two investigations. While the NCAA continues to probe whether there was improper contact between UNC football players and agents, a university investigative team is also looking into whether a former tutor - who was employed by both the school and head football coach Butch Davis - gave inappropriate help to players on written assignments for class.

Depending on how deep the inquiries have gone, players could be tagged for breaking NCAA rules, school rules or both.

If a player is ineligible for competition per NCAA guidelines, the school cannot pay for any travel expenses, UNC senior associate athletic director Larry Gallo explained via e-mail Sunday. If the player travels on his own dime, the NCAA allows him to be on the sideline at the school's discretion, but not in uniform.

However, if a player is suspended for breaking a school rule, but remains eligible for competition per NCAA guidelines, he can travel with the team and can be in uniform, if the school permits.

The institution makes those sideline/uniform decisions on an individual, case-by-case basis, Gallo wrote.

Last season, UNC typically had its football travel roster for Saturday games ready by Thursday. The 18th-ranked Tar Heels will leave Friday for their season-opener at the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic; game time Saturday is 8 p.m.

It is unclear if, or how many, players might be suspended. But during the news conference to announce the school's academic probe Thursday, athletic director Dick Baddour said the school's investigation likely will extend past the start of the season - and that decisions about who will or won't play could be made on game day.

The ACC allows only 72 players - whether they are redshirting, injured or suspended - to travel to away league games.

However, there is no limit for nonconference games, such as Saturday's showdown with the Tigers.

UNC's travel party for nonconference games usually includes 72-75 players. But Gallo wrote that because No. 21 LSU is a special game, UNC might travel with more than 75, although he didn't know the exact number as of Sunday.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/08/...#ixzz0yKVvw9Vj

Comment

Jeff:

Thanks for all the info. I'll continue watching the line movement and updates on possible suspensions.

laxsfo99

Comment

Laxfo99, the only reason I didn't take Carolina as a pick is because of the on going problems.. Who is actually going to play??? I still like NC... Don't know what is going to happen to them, but if everyone plays no chance for LSU... thats a fact.. Jefferson will be better this year, but the sec west will be won by either Bama, Arkansas, or Auburn... I hope I helped... gl Laxfo99

Comment

RR84

Thanks - I'll continue collecting info on the player suspensions, and if not to many NC could be a solid underdog play.

laxsfo99

Comment

Working...
                              X