NFL Week 1 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Week 1 Review

I thought the NO/GB was like watching paint dry. Both teams were off offensivly.
    I missed the spread with missed extra point and a apperant catch for Minn. NO miss 2 easy FG's

Detroit got robbed, but the rule say receivers must maintain possession, so you have to agree with the call. Common sence must apply though when making a call. He lost the ball on the celebration. I don't mind my team losing, but hate to lose to bad or weird calls...just saying.

Titans look like the best bet for all of us (hindsite).

Panthers interceptions in the red zone should have covered, but thats football.

Houston winning, I have a feeling the Colts Empire is crummbling and Houston is taking the next step...still early though.

Denver looked better then I thought. Jacksonville finally comes through.

Atlanta/Pittsburgh...ah....hmmmm....not sure what to say.

Miami/Buffalo...not sure about the safety. I'm not a coach but seemed a little odd.

NE/Cin Pats started hot with big plays, Bengals couldn't overcome.

TB/CLE I'm not sure about this one. Both teams might struggle this year.

GB/Phl as expected

Sea/SF..wow...49ers to win the division...really????

AZ/Stl...right on the number on most lines. Bradford looked good.

Like to hear every ones thoughts???

One more thing....The free NFL ticket week 1 on Direct TV was awesome. I love the RED Zone channel. It was like a live highlight review. They swiched channels to all the exciting live..sometimes taped plays. Money is tight this year, but next year I might have to flip the bill.

Comment

Cowboy Implode

Comment

Cowboys aren't going to do anything with Phillips as the coach. I hope they cut Alex Barron tomorrow morning.

Comment

Some candid observations from Week 1:

1. While admiring the ineptness of the current Raider franchise, I found myself going back and forth from their game - to some old reruns of The Three Stooges follies on another channel.........Couldn't quite figure out which one was making me laugh more.......but they were both equally funny to watch..........Al Davis looks like he died three years ago, and someone forgot to shut his eyes.

2. Although the Green Bay/Philly game turned out to be pretty entertaining near the end, it always seemed to me that the Pack was firmly in control -- and could have scored whenever they felt like it, even though they had to play the entire 2nd half without Ryan Grant........To me, they look like the solid team to beat for it all in the NFC at least.

3. Whatever gave all of these media blowhards all over the TV networks and daily radio sports shows the ridiculous idea that "The Dallas Cowboys will be the first team to play a Super Bowl at home" is beyond me...........Not only will they not even make it to the NFC title game, but they'll be very lucky to win their own division........They've got all the quality at the talent positions -- both on offense and defense, but just can't seem to play on the same page together........Have I ever mentioned in here before that Wade Phillips just plain old can't coach ?...........I thought so.

4. Nice to see Shanahan back on the sidelines, Hasselback back in the groove, Chris Johnson picking up where he left off, Randy Moss being Randy Moss, and Peyton Manning showing us that you can throw for 400 yards, but ya ain't gonna win shit without a stud running back like the Houston Texans unleashed yesterday in Arian Foster.......Good Luck.
          ;)

Comment

Boone, Very nice wright up I think you hit the nail on the head there pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger View Post
              One more thing....The free NFL ticket week 1 on Direct TV was awesome. I love the RED Zone channel. It was like a live highlight review. They swiched channels to all the exciting live..sometimes taped plays. Money is tight this year, but next year I might have to flip the bill.
              I always have the Game Mix channel on, 8 games on the screen, mostly easy to watch as plays develop in each game plus yardage chart goes to red when a team in the red zone. That has been my favorite channel for a couple of years!

Comment

Love the Al Davis comment, LMAO!!!!

Comment

Lets see if this makes much sense. I bet all favorites and lose 10 out of 11 what are the odds of that?
                  Saints, Okie State, Tulsa, Colts, San Fran, Dallas,Jets, San Diego, Throw in the over in the UCLA game and the one winner Green Bay and had to hold on for that one. I am determined to now play only favorites regardless til it evens out. Ive done this too long to know that it does not go all favorites or all dogs for very long. Any thoughts?

Comment

Now I don't study these trends and angles as deeply as our buddy "Taxman", but I know for a fact that over the last few seasons that the "dogs" jump out of the starting gate pretty fast -- and then after about 6-8 weeks, the good teams start separating themselves from the rest of the pack, and you'll see the points spreads become much higher like we did last year when 14-17 points favorites became pretty common.

I heard one of the TV announcers last night mention something to the effect about how 7 or 8 or the playoff teams from last year had lost their opener this weekend, and it just goes to show you how quickly the shit changes in the NFL -- with all of these free agents and trades, and this year has thrown a few good rookies into the mix............Combine all of that with the fact that these coaches change teams like they're playing "mucical chairs", and it's pretty hard to get a good read on this stuff this early in the season.

After a couple of weeks, things will start to even out........as a matter of fact, I like a few favorites this week myself !!!.................Good Luck to you Daddyd.
                    ;)

Comment

Boone, I didn't watch very much of the game on tv, we started to go up and watch it since the weather was Ideal... Just one question, I know you are not happy with your Raiders but what do you think about McClain so far? I mean not just Sunday, but since you guys got him... I hope your Raiders turn it around soon.... RR84

Comment

The guy will definitely be a star eventually, and #55 was around the ball most of the time Sunday........He's no Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis just yet, but his speed and size gives him limitless potential -- that's for sure.

Unfortunately for the Raiders, no one man can fill the holes in this defense, but at least now, Rolando McClain can fill a hole in the middle........Good thing we play the Lambs this week !!!
                        ;)

Comment

NFL REDZONE CHANNEL

Dinger mentioned the directv package.....

Yeah, it can be expensive. But I understand comcast carries the redzone channel now, not sure if other cable providers do.

I've had the directv package for years, and have always found it impossible to jump around from game to game. What happens is, you flip from game to game and end up missing everything cause your too busy flipping channels.

The redzone is a nice way to keep tabs on everything.

Something else comcast offers which is great is access to espn 360.......I used to subscribe to the college football package on directv but now I just use espn360......you can watch 4 games at once, etc.etc.....good deal.

Lastly, for those of you that don't have the directv package, find a friend that has it. See if they'll let you log in to their account and watch it online when they aren't using their online account. Same deal, all the games, you can flip around, watch the redzone, etc.....

Comment

Jeff, I also have dtv Sunday Ticket and love it... You wouldn't know by chance how to remote espn 3 ??

Comment

Working...
                            X