X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINOIS -7.5 vs Northern Illinois

Northern Illinois is not in the same class of ILLINOIS Football

More to follow......

NIU was picked to win the west division of the MAC. The eastern division has always been better.

The Huskies lost to Iowa State 27-10 this year and beat North Dakota 23-17, that is North Dakota, NOT North Dakota State, try finding information on that team ND.

No school from the MAC has beaten a non conf FBS team so far this year, maybe the mac is just as bad.

The run defense of NIU is horrible and they have been giving up some big plays from scrimmage on the ground. This weakness of NIU plays eight into the strength of Illinois offense, the run game.

Illinois has one of the best junior running backs in the nation, Leshoure and he will bust a few this game thats for sure.

Illinois QB Nathan Sheelhasse (pronounced SHEELHOUSE) won the Big 10 freshman player of the week this week. This young stud is getting better right in front of my eyes.

The defense of Illinois is looking good, holding Missouri to 23 and SIU to 3 points so far this a year, a marked improvement by the new coaching staff in place. I look for this defense to smother NIU all game.

More to follow

Comment

The line moves to ILL -7

Comment

WILD LINE SWINGS

I Have been watching the line on this game and it opened Ill -7.5

The line stayed that way for a day or so then it moved to -8

Within 2 hours of moving to -8 the line dropped a point and a half to -6.5 (what is moving this line like that ?)

Currently the line is at 7 and seems to be settling in.

I like Illinois in this spot they are easily a 10 point better team in thsi game or more

Comment

Illinois Defense is really coming around ranked 12th in the nation in rushing yards allowed.

NIU has a strong run game avg 6.1 yards a carry, that is countered by Illinois Defense only allowing 2.5. No team is gonna run on Illinois this year, they may pass but they wont run on Illinois.

NIU will not be able to contain the running game of Illinois with a pure diamond back named LeShoure pounding away at you for 140 yards.

The talent at QB for Illinois will be evident early and often as this kid is a pure play maker.

An interesting tid bit the back up QB for Illinois Osie originally committed to NIU and took at shot at Illinois and will be suiting up vs the spurned team.

I focus on coaching and I love what pertrino has done so far with this team. Illinois has tasted a victory and stand 1-1, you got to know that the 3rd year and 4th year players know its time. And they all came to Illinois in our recruiting hey days.

This is not a Homer Call but I just cant see NIU staying any where close beating Illinois not at Memorial Stadium. They gonna be up for this game the Illini coaches will make sure of that.

This is a must win game for Illinois bottom line with a week off after this to prepare for Ohio State. I can tell you that every thing I have seen looks in Illinois favor

Good Luck my friends

Carpet

Comment

What a way to lose a spread, up by 9 with 14 secs to play and NIU kicks a field goal to set up an on side kick

Damn

Comment

Didn't like it, understood the reasoning though. Seriously, the interception nullified by roughing the passer? Oh well, backdoored. Get em next time

Comment

Illinois had 319 yards rushing this game

RB LeShoure of Illinois had 180 yards rushing this running back is a special Junior

Penalties killed Illinois 8-85 including a 4th down roughing the passer at the end of the game moving the ball into field goal position.

The passing game for Illinois is lacking and I just dont see pure arm strength from the Illinois QB, The ball gets there but it seems like slow motion to me. A good team like Ohio State will feast on that.

The defense of Illinois play well in stopping the running back of NIU but failed badly in stopping a mobile QB from gaining big yards.
                Pryor of Ohio State will use the statue of Liberty look to freeze Illinois and just take off I just know it.

The secondary of Illinois is banged up this we all know and with Illinois coming into a bye week there is hope the healing can begin.

Next Game for Illinois 2 weeks from now Ohio State comes calling
                at Illinois.

2-1 coming into murders row this Illinois team has improved over last year this is clearly evident in many stats, I like what the new coaches of Illinois have brought in and it seems to be taking hold.

While in my wildest dreams I dont think Illinois will beat Ohio State, it will be interesting to see the line on that game

Comment

Carpet, with all due respect, Illinois is a couple years away.

And light years away from Ohio State this year.

Again, with all respect, as I know you know your team.

And I think Iowa is going to come back from the ass beating AZ is giving them right now.

Comment

oops..got cut off.

Iowa may make it close in the 2nd half. Got caught off gaurd I think with AZ qucikness

Comment

I got lost with Illy also. That was the first bad beat of the day for me.

Got bent over also in the USC game.

Comment

Working...
                      X