Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry X. I'm relaxed now.

Comment

Everbody, lets not get into any big issues over the standings this year... I promise you there are several guys out there, myself included who have your record and it is correct.. Like I said it would be nice if we all kind of got along for a change...

I will check every week to make sure they are updated correctly and if they are not then I will post the corrections to pappa... No one will get done wrong, this I promise...

It is pappa's thing so as long as he corrects in a timely matter everything should be cool..If you think your record is incorrect and want a second opinion, I will be glad to help.. Pappas has the official list but I see nothing wrong with others keeping secondary records because mistakes do happen by anybody..

Just would be nice if we all concentrate on football and have peace for a change.. RR84

Comment

Carpet,

That Over/Under comment was classic.......Just wish I could've gotten in on the action !!
        ;)

Comment

In the 6 previous years THE CORRECT WINNER(S) have ALWAYS gotten PAID. whut make you all think that its NOT gonna happen THIS YEAR? Instead of worring about me, some of you should be concentrating on picking WINNERS! the losers always YELL the loudest!

Comment

Please check my week 0 pick of BYU.

Dinger. I think I should be (1-1)

Comment

will do boss give me your post number Dinger

Comment

+ Reply to Thread Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last Jump to page:
                Results 1 to 25 of 101 Thread: 2010 College Football Game of the Week.................Week 0 Thread Tools
                Show Printable Version Email this Page… Unsubscribe from this Thread Search Thread
                Advanced Search Rate This Thread
                Current Rating
                Excellent Good Average Bad Terrible Display
                Linear Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode Switch to Threaded Mode
                08-31-2010 07:55 AM #1 xbigpappa View Profile View Forum Posts Visit Homepage Add as Contact
                Veteran Join Date Apr 2000
                Posts 1,602 2010 College Football Game of the Week.................Week 0
                Contest Rules
                The COLLEGE FOOTBALL game of the week handicapping contest is just like the NFL game of the week contest. The contest is simple. Pick ONE COLLEGE FOOTBALL game per week, against the spread. The winner is the contestant with the most wins at the end of the year.

This contest is held in our main Bookies Hell posting forum. Picks are posted in the appropriate thread each week, and standings are generally posted on Tuesdays.

This contest is not only popular to participate in, but also very popular among those looking for quality free picks. Like the NFL contest, the reason for this is very simple. There are some great handicappers in this contest, and each week, you're getting their very best play.

Official Rules:

1. Players in this contest will post one pick per week using the line listed in the respective Weekend edition of the USA today…..SIDES ONLY. If more than one pick is posted the first pick will be used. Editing picks will not be allowed. Once your pick is posted it is official. Saturday games ONLY!!!!!

2. Sides ONLY!!! Picks MUST be posted by 11:00am (EST) on Game day Saturday. NO EXCEPTIONS !

3. The contest will run from Sept 4th (Labor Day Weekend) thru Nov 27th. Any tie breaker will be decided by the SEC championship game in Atlanta on Dec 2nd.

4. Wins (1 point), loses and ties (1/2 point) will be recorded and posted on the following Tuesday.

5. Not posting a pick will be counted as a loss.

6. Miss any combination of Three (3) Weeks of not posting a pick and you are OUT of the contest.

7. Players will "NOT" be allowed in after week #2.

9. If you come in on week #2, week #1 will be counted as a loss.

10. Use this link to get the Tue line http://www.usatoday.com/sports/front.htm

The prizes for this contest are as follows :

1ST PLACE - $ 100.00
                2ND PLACE - ?????
                3RD PLACE - ?????
                Reply Reply With Quote
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                08-31-2010 07:57 AM #2 xbigpappa View Profile View Forum Posts Visit Homepage Add as Contact
                Veteran Join Date Apr 2000
                Posts 1,602 Saturday, Sep. 4

MICHIGAN STATE 22 Western Michigan

FLORIDA 35 Miami Ohio

MISSOURI 12½ Illinois

Colorado 13 COLORADO STATE

Northwestern 5½ VANDERBILT

MISSISSIPPI STATE 21 Memphis

Texas 29 RICE

NOTRE DAME 11½ Purdue

MICHIGAN 3 Connecticut

Kentucky 3 LOUISVILLE

OREGON 33 New Mexico

KANSAS STATE 2½ Ucla

Syracuse 8 AKRON

BYU 3 Washington

OKLAHOMA STATE 15½ Washington State

ALABAMA 38½ San Jose State

OKLAHOMA 32 Utah State

Army 10 EASTERN MICHIGAN

TCU 13½ Oregon State

LSU 1 North Carolina

FRESNO STATE 3 Cincinnati

Wisconsin 20½ UNLV

GEORGIA 28 UL Lafayette

NEBRASKA 35½ Western Kentucky

CLEMSON 23 North Texas

TROY 14 Bowling Green

AUBURN 31 Arkansas State
                Reply Reply With Quote
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                08-31-2010 08:10 AM #3 Bettorsworld View Profile View Forum Posts Add as Contact
                Administrator Join Date Sep 1999
                Posts 1,287 1st place $1000

2nd place $300

3rd place $200

Those amounts are for the NFL contest as well
                Reply Reply With Quote
                08-31-2010 09:21 AM #4 Carpet View Profile View Forum Posts
                Veteran Join Date Sep 1998
                Posts 1,546 MISSOURI
                Reply Reply With Quote
                08-31-2010 12:22 PM #5 kdawg View Profile View Forum Posts Add as Contact
                Veteran Join Date Sep 2000
                Posts 159 lsu tigers! go sec!!!
                Reply Reply With Quote
                08-31-2010 12:54 PM #6 Igetp2s View Profile View Forum Posts Add as Contact
                Veteran Join Date Sep 2007
                Posts 103 Kansas St. -2.5
                Reply Reply With Quote
                08-31-2010 01:41 PM #7 aakj View Profile View Forum Posts Add as Contact
                Veteran Join Date Sep 2001
                Posts 328 fresno st
                Reply Reply With Quote
                08-31-2010 04:13 PM #8 zshimer View Profile View Forum Posts Add as Contact
                Veteran Join Date Dec 2006
                Posts 162 purdue
                Reply Reply With Quote
                08-31-2010 04:27 PM #9 Dinger View Profile View Forum Posts Add as Contact
                Veteran Join Date Aug 2007
                Posts 438 BYU

Comment

just to help ya there dinger Byu pick at the end, might wants look at the history some more

Comment

Originally posted by xbigpappa View Post
                    In the 6 previous years THE CORRECT WINNER(S) have ALWAYS gotten PAID. whut make you all think that its NOT gonna happen THIS YEAR? Instead of worring about me, some of you should be concentrating on picking WINNERS! the losers always YELL the loudest!
                    Hanging on by a shoe string in providing a accurate recap of the standings on a weekly basis.

Comment

The easiest way to resolve the standings issue is to have a second person post the results along with X. Therefore, X results will always be verified.

And, don't look for me to do it, I am exclusively focused on running the other contest smoothly.

Carpet, that O/U jab was priceless. Now that you won the O/U for the season in week 2, you should post O/U for each week, sort of like hockey's grand salami!

Comment

Dinger, I gave u credit for BYU, whut is ur Beef, ur 1-1............ur ARMY Pick in Week 1 TANKED!! I really dont need all the unnecessary drama!

Comment

Working...
                        X