College Football Discussion (week #3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Discussion (week #3)

Please post your thoughts and plays for college foots.

I am going to post my plays as I play them and what I am thinking as i go oevr the card during the week. I feel I have a pretty good handle on the season so far, and if I would be a little more disiplined, I would have a little better record.

But all in all, I am showing some profit so far.

Play #1--

Tennesee -13 over UAB...Wanted to grab this one quick on Monday. I bought a 1/2 point too. I see Tenny finally blowing a team out at home. they have been punching bags for 2 stariaght and a step-down in competition is what they need. Tenny wins by 21+. Line will go up all week I imagine.

Looking at Temple +17 at Penn State now. Seems like an obvious play on Temple on my eyes which is always bad news.

Please chime in as you want here too.

[QUOTE
    Looking at Temple +17 at Penn State now. Seems like an obvious play on Temple on my eyes which is always bad news.

Please chime in as you want here too.[/QUOTE]

The head coach of Temple is a grad of Penn State and also served as a Line Backer coach under Coach Paterno and considers Coach Pa his mentor, I know Paterno will call off the dogs in this game for a possible back door cover.

Temple is 3-0 and hails from the MAC they run a east coast offense and play a 4-3 defense, they may have just enough defense to keep state from free flowing up and down the field. Temple ranks 32 in rush defense.

The Owls are also excellent in Punt returns ranked 40th in the nation.

Penn State coming off a 24-0 blanking over Kent State has really not showed me a solid game yet this year. Last year PSU won 31-6

I dont think that there is a chance in Hell Temple will beat State out right but factoring in the love each coach has for each other this could be well within the 14 point range.

Comment

you call this week 3 I call it week 4

Comment

yeah, really is week 4 isn't it? Oops.

well lets say the week of Sept. 21st instead...

Added:

Army +7 over Duke....Duke as favs is never a good mix. Army runs the ball well and Duke does not stop anything on the ground. As long as the game stays close, Army will hang around and maybe win.

BYU +4 vs. Nevada...Nevada has all the public backing now after their friday win vs. Cal. Love playing that opposite angle. Also has UNLV on tap next week in a huge rilvary game. Plus BYU is never an easy place to play. Another live dog.

CAL +7 vs. AZ...AZ had a huge win vs. iowa and now a Cal team off a loss is here. Letd down + bounce back equals another biting dog.

Really should put this in the dog thread too.

Comment

Woodee

Love your BYU pick

The CA pick is also a lean, If Iowa specials teams didnt give it up all day long to AZ this would be a different game to play like your pick

The Army pick has me worried. Yes they can run the ball but Duke has a great offense and will move it at will vs a step slow army on defense. I am sorry but see this one Duke 38- Army 10

Comment

Cal has no heart, and not a very good defense. QB Reilly is erratic. Desert Storm in AZ will be rockin. Arizona's D is way better than Nevada's.

I was impressed with Nevada's O, but their D is bad. Over may be the way to go. But it is 64. Ouch!

At least BYU is at home. Cal is on the road again.

GL

Comment

I am shying away from my CAL pick and probably will pass on it to see how AZ reacts. Thye may be that good, and its hard to put money where there is a question-mark.

I still think Army is disiplined enough to run it down the throats of Duke. We shall see but an expereinced, disiplined team over a Duke team who cannot stop anyone, is the play for me.

Take a look at the IOWA UNDER 47 too. I don't think Ball State scores and Iowa will probably go for 30-35 or so.

Comment

Great call on Army Woodie

Also great call on Temple

Comment

Working...
                X