Plays for the Week of Sept. 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plays for the Week of Sept. 27th

Going to play the Monday night game with a couple of the College games coming up this week in a teaser.

I like the Bears + but the OVER 46 more. BUT i hate playing an over in MNF.

So I am going to tease the total down to 39.

And add a couple games to make it work on a 7-point teaser.

So my early play for the week is...

GB/Chi OVER 39

NC State +10.5 at home vs. V Tech

Iowa pk at home over Penn State

Think this is a high value tease on all the plays above. College teams are both home and from what I have seen from both Defenses, I see both teams scoring at least 21 tonight. I say Bears 24-21.

Good Luck.

Well, the MNF ovber screwed taht play right off the bat...I thought that may be the easiest leg of the teaser that teased me.

Onto the rest of the week.

In the weekday games, I am looking at both Aggie Dogs. Utah State and Texas A&M. The bg 12 matchup is a toss up but I think Utah State gets a nice home win vs. BYU. Probably their best shot in years to beat them and getting point is a binus here.

A&M is a bit like Okie State in that they've played nobody. Defense usually wins so i will side with the texas school.

Others I am eyeing for the weekend...

Michigan State + over Wiscy...Going to be close but think the homer pulls it out.

Indiana +10 over Michigan...Love fest for Michigan and could be a look ahead spot although I feel the books are catching up with that angle quick this year...See Oklaholma and texas last week.

Kentucky +3 at Ole Miss

Marshall +10 at So Miss

Clemson +3 vs. Miami-Fl...Love going against teams that played well previously on a prime-time game like Miami did at Pitt last Thursday. And a night game in Death Valley is spooky for the visitor.

Virginia +7 vs. FSU

Iowa State +7 over Texas Tech...ISU has few winnable games left on their schedule but this one is one they can win at home I think.

Stanford +7 over Oregon...Have to look at the points here as the only way to go.

Any thoughts on these, I'd love to hear from you big 10, SEC guys on them.

I have to decided which one will be my college game of the week pick too. But probably will be one of these or maybe

Comment

Thursday play--

Texas A&M +3 over Okie State...Huge % on the Cowboys but line is moving the other way. Love it! Go Aggies!!

Comment

^I'm with you...

Comment

Woodie;

I've rarely gone against you over the years, I respect your opinion very much. I like Okie St very much tonite, but am not as confident anymore, after reading your post. Wish I would have seen earlier. For what it's worth, I see Hunter running, and Blackmon catching, to an easy double digit victory 38-24. Just my opinion, I'll be prepared to eat crow tomorrow.

Comment

That one was a good one to get the push on. These teams play no D whatsoever.

Really Okie State should have covered if they would have slowed the tempo down a bit in the end.

I feel like my push was a win.

Comment

I agree with you on both accounts. Talk about your ups and downs, Glad I didn't parlay with the O/U, would have taken the under, and then really felt bummed this morning. Oh well, live for another day. Appreciate your write-ups Woodie, I'm a little nervous about giving advice myself. Would feel terrible if someone followed me on a loser. But I respect some of the cappers we got on here, and like to put everyones opinions with mine to make smart choices. So far so good this year

Comment

No problem. I am far from good and just try to give my two cents here and there.

More and more this year i am playing anti-public plays and reverse line moves. I think its a good strategy in the long run. When I see everyone taking one team, I like to go the other way. Sometimes it pans out when everyone is on a team, but I think if you pick your spots, you can play contrarian and win.

One that I am stronly looking at is Oregon. Eveyone is jumping on the dog, Stanford, while I think Oregoin is the better team, and playing at home. Probably a pass for me as far as wagering as it will be entertaining no matter what, but have to look at the Ducks in my opinion.

Comment

My plays so far are:

Marshall +10 over So. Miss

Virginia +7 over FSU

Iowa -7 over PSU

Going to fit Bama and Oregon in a ML Parlay most likely too, just having them win SU.

I am researching some others too, and still trying to decide on which to use for my GOW selection.

Comment

Note on my Iowa Play.

The entire Kinnick Stadium (minue the PSU White Shirts) is alternating black and gold shirts in the crowd, odd and even sections. That will be quite the site to see. The already crazy, night crowd will be plenty drunk after an all-day tailgate fest--rowdy to pump up that Iowa D.

The PSU Freshman QB may run and hide...

Comment

Woodee

Iowa St QB Arnaud re-injured his bruised shoulder last week. He is probable for the game but will be on a tight leash.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think that may be better for the Cyclones against Tech. I am not an Arnaud fan myself.

Comment

Working...
                        X