Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swicat's 10/16 Picks Part 1

Contenders vs Pretenders Part 1

That is the theme of my picks today. As we really start to focus on conference match ups the rest of the way, we will start to see who the really good teams are vs the teams who did it with smoke and mirrors in their non conference schedule.

Top Picks

Pittsburgh -2.5 vs Syracuse
    Texas A&M -3.5 vs Missouri
    Rice +9.5 vs Houston

Leans

Nebraska –9.5 vs Texas
    Iowa/Mich over 54.5
    Temple -20 vs Bowling Green

To see the writeups go to http://swicatsides.blogspot.com/2010...ks-part-1.html

I have gone 18-6 in leans this year.

Part 2
    Top Picks

Washington +2 vs Oregon st
    Ohio St -3.5 vs Wisconsin

Leans

Air Force pk vs SDST
    Western Kentucky -2.5

Washington- Oregon st had a nice upset win last week but in my opinion they caught an Arizona at a bad time. This week they will be playing a motivated Washington team. The bloom is quickly coming off the rose after their win against usc and they need to get back on track. I think they will rise to the occasion in a close one and get the SU win.

Ohio st- I like the buckeyes here because when push comes to shove, I don’t see Wisconsin throwing the ball effectively when they need to. Wisconsin will have some nice runs and OSU will stop them as well and if Wisconsin wants to win, they will need to convert some long 3rd downs. I think that buckeyes offense will be able to get that done and wiscy won’t

Air Force- I view this game similar to the Pitt game. AF has done well with a difficult schedule and has played well on the road. Where SDST has yet to step up with a win in a tough spot. SDST is headed in the right direction but is not ready to win this one.

Western Kentucky- No other reason to pick this team other than that they have lost many many games in a row and now Vegas has made them a favorite. That works for me.

Comment

Working...
    X