Everybody's thoughts, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody's thoughts, please.

So, I am again in the large last man standing football pool. We started with 3300 people and are down to 390. Prize pool is 330,000. I have 2 picks left. The games I have to choose from are NYJ-clev, det-Buff, stl-SFRAN, seat-ARIZ or car-TBAY, choosing the team in Caps. I would like to almost try a pick on Buff if Stafford is out. They will be down to their 3rd stringer, but I would hate to get knocked out of a pool because I chose an 0-8 team. I think I am leaning towards TBay on one and Ariz on the other. Ariz and Seat just played 2 weeks ago and now with the rematch coming back to Ariz, I kind of like that pick the best. I don't have an option on NYG because I didn't plan for Dallas to be so dismal. If you have the time and any thoughts, please share them.

JMO, but the 49er's are probably the best play out of all of 'em.
    ;)

Comment

What makes you like the 49ers so muck Boone? Remember this is just straight up, no line. They haven't came out yet, but I am guessing the Ariz line should be 6 1/2 -7 and the TBay line will be around 9-10.

Comment

I think I like Tampa Bay the best. They are a decent team and could have won at Atlanta last week, and Carolina will be going with Clausen or Pike and have no running game to boot. SF is starting to really play 'D' but Troy Smith would worry me in just his 2nd start and I really like Bradford. 2nd choice would be Arizona if Whitehurst is in for Seattle.

Comment

Sorry Wisky, my bad..........I thought you had to go against the number............In which case Tampa Bay would be a standout at home because they figure to open at about -10 once they get a line posted.........and I also figure Arizona at about 5 1/2 or so.........The 49er's are a 6-point favorite at home where they play much better, and they're starting to show some signs of life..........It is very possible and highly probable that whoever wins the dreaded NFC West can have a losing record and make the playoffs.

I go along with what Dragon says about the Bucs.......This kid Freeman is starting to look pretty comfortable back there, and his favorite two WR's Mike Wallace and Aurelious Benn look like they've got a little chemistry in the works.........I think they and the Raiders have gotta be to 2 most improved teams so far this year..........Good Luck guys.
          ;)

Comment

I agree, I like those two as well. I had Arizona penciled in early because they just played 2 weeks ago in Seattle. That is my only hesitation with TBay is that they already beat Carolina once. It always makes me pause with these division rematches. I am going to wait to see if the 2 running backs for Carolina are playing and if Whitehurst is at quarterback for Seattle. I might split my picks, one on each. Still if anyone has any other opinions, please chime in.

Comment

Working...
            X