Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 College Football Game of the Week..................Week 12 (last)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Cal sh!t the bed today and cost me 2nd place in the contest. Should've taken the Lansing Spartans. For you West Coast gurus, I know Cal QB Riley was out for the game, but after Cal got their tails handed to them last year by the Huskies and this being Senior Day, I thought they would play with some pride. I guess not.

If I read the final contest standings correctly and Xbigpapa will need to make them official, this is how they appear to stack up:

1st place Woodie (congratulations)
    2nd place Dawg2 (nice pick with the Buckeyes today and slipping past me by a half point)
    3rd place - yours truly - laxsfo99 (who backed doored in on Pegasus' tough LSU loss) (Sorry about that Pegasus- it's happened to me many times in the past.)

As always, I thank Jeff and Bettorsworld for their genorisity and, of course, THE MAN - XBIGPAPA for managing the weekly odd lines and results.

You all have a great upcoming holiday season.

laxsfo99

Comment

I was hesitated whether to point out this scoring error or not, because this guy kept selecting Ohio State. He had Ohio State -23 for week 5, Ohio State won 38-10 but Xbigpapa gave him a loss. If this error corrected, he is the winner for this contest. Sorry, Woodie. I don’t like the way you finished this contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus View Post
        I was hesitated whether to point out this scoring error or not, because this guy kept selecting Ohio State. He had Ohio State -23 for week 5, Ohio State won 38-10 but Xbigpapa gave him a loss. If this error corrected, he is the winner for this contest. Sorry, Woodie. I don’t like the way you finished this contest.
        Sorry, there was an error in the Week 4 standing. Woodie, you are the winner for this contest.

Comment

What is everyone so bent out of shape about... Woodee played within the rules and did nothing wrong... Maybe the answer is next year anyone with a chance in the last week needs to email their picks to Jeff.. But I think those picks need to be posted early enough before game time so that everybody else could possibly play them...

It's not a perfect system, but like everyone selecting LSU in week one, they played within the current rules. I for one am not going to gripe about that or what Woodee did yesterday.. AS LONG AS NO RULES ARE BROKEN..... Personally I think anyone that thinks they wouldn't have done the same is full of s***. Great job Woodee, you won and you deserved it.. Everybody else needs to do like me... PICK BETTER OR SHUT THE HELL UP... Just my two cents.... Everyone have a great day!!! and GL...

Comment

First Of All congrats to Woodee, according to the rules, HE EARNED the win!

Next year I will Change a few rules in the contest.

The Lines will not come out until Thur nite Fri morning, so peeps dont get freebee's like LSU in week 0.

Also, in the last week of the season, the top 5 players will E-Mail there pics in. This should eliminate the type of maddess that we had this year. AGain, Congrats to all the winners on a Great season. Hope everyone had a chance to make some REAL money from the contest.

Comment

Very well put Pappa!!!

Comment

I am not goingt to defend myself anymore fo doing what I did yesterday. Like I said, I am a pretty stand-up guy and it ate at me to take the easy way or actually post a pick. I went back and forth, and decided to take the easy way to ensure myself the win.

At the end, it came down to what would the majority of the contest people do in my situation, and I think 9 of 10 would have done the same thing to get the prize money.

If I would have come into this week with a little more confidence, I may have made a pick, but honestly, I cannot get a break or pick a winner to save my life at the moment as I stated in another post. Just in a bad funk and I am going to step back and watch as I truely cannot pick a winner.

There were plenty of free-bees along the way with line shifts and I don't know if the contenders took any of those or not, or do not care, b/c it is within the rules. I know I did not take any of those along the way, when I could have. Some lines shifted, and you got better lines that the books, but that will be corrected by Pappa next year too it sounds like.

So with that being said, gun for me next year in the contest and if you can get to 11 or more, you'll probably win too. I was undefeated for most of the year and my loss was very close with La Tech blowing it in the end. So I had a good and lucky run, and to win something like this you need luck, breaks, and possibly even some rule loop-holes to jump thru.

Have a good one eveybody and see you next year.

Comment

P.S. Pappa...
                  When you enact the "e-mail your last week's picks" rule into the contest can you please name it the "Woodee Rule" so I live on in infamony here at BW!!

Comment

And in the end, laxsfo's pick of Cal lost, so woodee would have won either way.

Next year, later lines and emails for the contenders will tighten things up even more. Thursday afternoon lines should be good enough. Friday might be too late.

Comment

If memory serves me correct, last year when I was in the running, we didn't email our last weeks picks.. Only on the sec championship. I am very sure of this.. Wisconsin had first place locked and me, pappa chippy, and I think Igetp2s email our picks for 2nd.

If memory serves me, I think pappa chippy and Wisconsin both had a shot at first and me and the rest could only get second in the last week of the contest... I agree a rule change needs to be made, but we shouldn't get onto Woodee for what he did... He shouldn't have to defend himself for being smart!! It is easy to throw stones when your not involved in it...

I fully believe Woodee when he says that he didn't take advantage of other flaws in the system. I for one didn't either, but I don't fault those who did...So I think we are all in agreement that the "Woodee rule" needs to be established. That is just way too funny..

I think Pappa will address all the flaws and will make the necessary corrections.. After all, it is his world.. I just pick mostly losers lately in it... GL my bettorsworld brothers!!

Comment

Working...
                      X