Turkey Day Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Day Football

I like to always play a few on turkey day but don't do overboard as its like the Superbowl of everyone gambling that day.

here is what I like.

Probably could play all 3 OVER and go 2-1 the way thats been going. The only game that could stay under is the JETS/Cinnci.

Side wise...

Lions +6.5

Cowboys +3.5

Bengals +9

I think you have to look at all dogs. personally I am teasing the Boys up to +10.5 and also the Lions +13.5 in a 7-pointer wiht some other games.

This is bucking the public being all over the Pats, Saints, and Jets.

So, overall, I think if you would take all the dogs, and all the overs, you will end up at least 4-2 for the day. We shall see.

Any opinions, please chime in!

I predicted it last week against Houston, but I think the Jets could lose outright. NE even too. I am with you Woodee, I like all of the dogs. I have mostly been a favorite bettor in the past, but have really switched to looking for the dogs. Plus, I believe a big number of people in my pool will have the NYJ. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and GL to all!!!!

Comment

Liking Detroit tomorrow +7

Think Pats might be in for a little letdown on the road after a short week after playing Pitt and the Colts, oh yea the Lions are 4-0 at home ATS.

Just sayin.........

Comment

yep, lions either won or lost by 3 at home.

I think I may take Saints -3.5 straight.
        tease bengals up 7 to +16 and the over/under up to 50 and take Cinn and under.
        also tease NE down to +1.5 and over/under to 58 take NE and Under

that y'all think

Comment

Happy Turkey Day Guys!

Just glanced at the lines and they are all moving the way of the favs. So if you are playing the dogs, it may be wise to wait as close to kick off as possible to play them.

N.O. just moved to -4.

Comment

I'm feeling pretty square. I like the favs.

One dog may rise up, but I don't know which one it may be so I'll play all 3 favs and take 2-1.

Tom Brady vs Shaun Hill!
            Belichick vs Schwartz!
            Drew Brees vs Jon Kitna!
            Sean Payton vs Interim HC Jason Garrett!

Saints D should harass Kitna. Same with Pats D getting after Shaun Hill.

Cinci quit last week. Jets totally throttled Carson Palmer in back to back weeks last year including the wild card playoff game in Cinci. 9 is a lot, but I see Jets 24-10. Maybe 27-13.

Lean for total would be Pats/Lions under 51. No play on others.

Team Total wagers? Pats over. Lions under. Saints over. Cowboys under.

GL

Comment

One thing to consider...Garrett was coached by Payton for several
              years so potential is there for good chess match. Also, Cowboys
              exploded on similar D (giants) two weeks ago.
              Regardless, hope all these games are close. Blowouts bring on way too
              much turkey-day goofiness from the announcers. 6 legged turkeys and
              whatever that metal thing was that Fox would give the MVP???

Comment

The Bengals have lost 7 in a row, but by an average of only 5 pts per game and none by more than 8. The Jets haven't been blowing anybody out lately and have only covered this spread twice in 10 games. Their last 4 games have been a shutout loss, 2 OT games against 3-7 and 2-8 teams and a miracle 3 pt win last week against a team that has just won 1 game in it's last 6. I'll take Cincy +10.

Comment

Score two for the squares - New England and over!

Comment

I basically did what I said except I changed the Over/under tease down to 43 and took the Over. Worked out great so far!
                    Heck didn't even need to do a teaser but with detroit losing by 3 or winning at home it sure did make me feel better.

and good job widestrides glad it worked out.

Comment

Favs went 2-1 and Overs went 2-1. Squares had a 4-2 day. Maybe 4-1, as Jets over wasn't really a square play like the 3 favs and the 2 big overs.

Even though I had all three favs, I gotta say I was sorta lucky to cover that Jets game. Cinci played a lot better and with more pride than I expected. 2 special TDs by Brad Smith the difference. Jets are a good, solid team, but Mark Sanchez is their weakest link. I don't think he's good enough to get them by the playoff teams. And I never want him to be responsible for covering 9 points with my $ again!

GL

Comment

my plays went 1-1-1
                        I did play them but came out even.

Comment

Working...
                        X