Mens NCAA Basketball ILLINOIS vs GONZAGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mens NCAA Basketball ILLINOIS vs GONZAGA

Illinois heads out to Seattle to take on the Gonzaga Bull Dogs.

Strong inside play of the Zags has Illinois worried coming into this game.

Last year these two played Zags went up by 21 and Illinois took it to OT to lose that game. The Zags still have that low post presence but have lost a great scoring guard to graduation from last years team.

Illinois is all back, and the influx of new talent that the Illini has will clearly make a difference in this game. This Illinois team is starting to get a swagger about themselves, it's not over the top just a slight spark in the step that they believe they can be a really good team and play with anyone in the nation.

One interesting stat: Zags are giving up 47% of the shots attempted on defense from the field, Illinois is hitting 51% for the season.

More to follow

What's the line........

Comment

The Line is Illinois - 2.5 on the road at Gonzaga

This line is exactly where I thought it would end up.

Zags strong inside on offense, but got to love the defense Illinois plays on the peremiter and on defense holding teams to less than 27% from the arc. That wont matter as the bull dogs are going to pound it inside like it is a cash machine.

I dont know how to exactly tell you this, but it is pretty simple if Demetri McCamey PG leader of Illinois has a good game then Illinois wins and I expect this kid to have a great game. Zags have no one to guard Mcamey as he dishes and drives feeding the open man for Illinois. Mccamey is 2nd in the nation in assist.

Last year when Illinois got into trouble down low with the 7 foot center tisdale they had no one of any size to replace him as he fouls out alot on ticky tack fouls. This year is special off the bench comes another 7 foot player with a monster young attitude to the game named Meyers Leonard who future star.

Illinois is hitting on 51% of shots and scoring an average of 81 a game, the zags play no defense and Illinois does...Plain and simple Illinois wins this game.

Carpet crawling out there saying ILL 84 Zags 76

Comment

ILLINOIS 73-61 out west on the road.

A great week for the Illini beating North Carolina( NC Beat # 10 Ky today) and beating the # 24 team Gonzaga.

Illinois hit 52% from beyond the arc and held Gonzaga to just 18% from longe range. I knew Illinois defense would bother the guard play of Gonazaga.

Coach Weber has a very good basketball team and we was smart to schedule such a tough stretch of games to show case or see what they have.

A very good win for Illini hope you all jumped in

Carpet

Comment

Very nice, I will be watching you.

Comment

Nice call.
            I cashed with you (again)

Comment

Working...
            X