We need a............."College Bowl Contest"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a............."College Bowl Contest"

I'm sure if Jeff sees this he'll respond. Can't remember if we had one last year or not. Anyone want to run this, you know keep the records?..........

I'd be up for helping out keeping the records etc. if needed.

Just let me know.

Comment

I would be willing to help also. I think we've had one the last few years.

Comment

Here were last year's Bettorsworld College Bowl (2009) rules:

1) Pick SIDES ONLY! No totals.
        2) Dec 20th thru Dec 31st Bowl games are worth 1 point each.
        3) Jan 1st thru Jan 6th Bowl games are worth 2 points each.
        4) The BCS Championship Game on Jan 7th will be worth 3 points.
        5) All ties will be worth 1/2 point regardless of when the game is played!
        6) The tiebreaker, if necessary, will be the total on the BCS Championship Game.
        7) Bowl games and LV Hilton lines will be posted 1-2 days prior to their scheduled start date.
        8) All picks must be in prior to the scheduled start of the FIRST GAME that will be played on that day. PLEASE READ THIS RULE CAREFULLY! This is for ease of scorekeeping.

Per my recollection, last year's College Bowl contest ran smoothly. I recall Allsport was the winner. If it happens this year (2010), I will volunteer to post the games and spreads per rules above.

laxsfo99

Comment

Hey guys - sorry....I've been missing in action lately......this is a tough (busy) time of year for me.

I received a few emails about the college contest payouts - we will be doing those after the NFL regular season concludes. Maybe a little earlier than that. I'll keep you posted. Sorry we can't do it before the holidays

The Bowl contest - let's do it. Make it a $500 prize......divide it up however you'd like......as long as you guys can run it, it's a go.

Comment

hey Dragon-
            why don't we split the duties (if you want) or if you'd rather just do it yourself, that is fne wiht me too.

One can post lines and one can grade, or both.

I am cool with whatever and if you'd rather do it all, I am fine with that too, but happy to help if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
              hey Dragon-
              why don't we split the duties (if you want) or if you'd rather just do it yourself, that is fne wiht me too.

One can post lines and one can grade, or both.

I am cool with whatever and if you'd rather do it all, I am fine with that too, but happy to help if needed.
              Well Jeff's onboard so we can start this whenever we'd like, what do you think????

We have $500 to work with, how does this sound?

1st place $250
              2nd place $150
              3rd place $100

Comment

Good split.

Comment

Any thoughts on weighting the games?

There are some bigger games before Jan. 1st and some real small clunkers on or after Jan. 1. Doesn't seem right to weight Middle Tenny vs Miami and BC vs Nevada more than Misso vs Iowa or FSU vs South Carolina.

And do losses matter? That might break a tie if someone had fewer losses due to not entering every game. So, is it total points or best record?

Comment

Maybe all one point and two points for the five BCS games.

Comment

I'm in... Really doesn't matter to me how we do it. The split looks good and I like the ideal that BCS counts more. Gives a guy a little behind a shot.. Thanks everyone for their part in it...

Comment

Based upon Widestrides and Red Raider suggestions, how about these revised rules for the 2010-11 College Bowl Contest?

1) Pick SIDES ONLY! No totals.
                        2) Dec 18th thru Jan 10th Bowl game wins will be scored as follows:
                        - BCS Championship Game win - 3 pts
                        - BCS Bowls: Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, and Orange wins - 2 pts
                        - All other lesser Bowl wins from Dec 18th thru Jan 9th - 1pt
                        3) All ties will be worth 1/2 point regardless of when the game is played!
                        4) The tiebreaker, if necessary, will be the total on the BCS Championship Game.
                        5) Bowl games and LV Hilton lines will be posted 1-2 days prior to their scheduled start date.
                        6) All picks must be ONE HOUR prior to the scheduled start of the FIRST GAME that will be played on that day. PLEASE READ THIS RULE CAREFULLY! This is for ease of scorekeeping.

Went ahead and Revised Rule 6 so others could check on the leaders an hour before the first game starts to observe their selection(s) and , if interested, make a play in the real world. Also, there is a string of daily single bowl games from Dec 18th thru Dec 27th.

If OK, I'll post the first Bowl scheduled Bowl games (three games Dec 18th) on Dec 16th using the LV Hilton lines.

Woodie and/or Dragon will maintain the scores and post the results throughout the contest.

laxsfo99

Comment

Looks great to me Laxfo, thanks for doing this.. Also thanks Woodee, Dragon and all others for their help. Oh, and thanks Jeff......

Comment

Sounds good to me. I'll split duties with Woodie and don't care which I do.

Comment

OK folks, I'll go ahead and post the contest rules and the breakdown of the $500 prize $ for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places as discussed in this thread on Sunday, Dec. 12th. The updated lines for the 3 bowl games scheduled for Dec. 18th will be posted on Dec. 16th.

Thanks to Jeff and Bettorsworld and good luck to all in the contest.

laxsfo99

Comment

Working...
                              X