#25 Illinois @ Iowa 12-29 Mens NCAA Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #25 Illinois @ Iowa 12-29 Mens NCAA Basketball

# 25 Illinois comes limping in to Iowa City to take on the Hawkeyes.

This game has had Illinois Coach worried for weeks playing Iowa, 2 weeks ago the Coach said looking at the next few games coming up I am most worried about the Iowa game and opening up the big 10 season play. This was well before the meltdown vs UIC (a BAD BAD LOSS) and a defeat by Missouri.

I think two things are gonna happen here, Illinois is going to be rusty and will play down to the level of team they play. That is what makes this game a potential ambush for Illinois. Iowa is not a good team but they are at home and the rivalry is huge between schools, not alot of love here from any side towards each other.

This is will be a close scoring game, more to follow.....

I would Love for WOODEE12 to talk to me about Iowa in this thread, I dont know much about them other than they aint that good. But they are good at home...

Pomeroy has Illinois as a 61% chance of winning with a Score 66-64

That sounds about right to me.

Comment

I see this game as a close one too. I think Illinois will be favored by about 5 coming in kind of like the Michigan-Purdue game tonight. Illinois definitley has the talent but can they put it together?

If Iowa oushes the tempo and can hit the 3's then we have a ball game, but if not, they cannot hang with the big guys of Illinois.

Iowa has a decent PG but he is very inconsistent and that may be a match-up problem for Iowa.

Honestly, I think with ILL coming off the loses and Iowa's struggles, illinois should cover anything 5 or less.

Comment

I am starting to pick up a early line of -4 Illinois

Comment

I can see Illini winning by 9 or more. Iowa is not a good team, plus the kids are out of school. They should roll similar to what Purdue did to Michigan this afternoon. As a matter of fact, Michigan's RPI was 92 and Strength of Schedule was 197, Iowa's RPI is 177 and SOS is 187.

Illinois is too talented to not cover the 4.

Comment

After seeing the Purdue game yesterday and what they did to Michigan on the road, i think Illinois wins and covers this one pretty easily. I may play them on the ML with someone else just in case. High % on Illinios too and the line is moving a bit...probaby 5 by gametime.

Comment

Got to roll with Illinois on this game, if they cant get up vs Iowa after 2 bad loses they better start planning a trip back to the NIT

ILLINOIS 74
              Iowa 66

Comment

ILLINOIS rolls 87-77 at Iowa, up next WISKY

Comment

Working...
                X