College Bowl Contest Tie Breaker Rules For Jan. 10th Championship Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Bowl Contest Tie Breaker Rules For Jan. 10th Championship Game

TO: Dragon and to all the College Bowl Contest Contenders for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place:

This year’s Bettorsworld College Bowl Contest will require the tie breaker (Jan. 10th Championship Game, Oregon vs. Auburn) to go into effect.

Last year’s (2009/10) College Bowl Contest did not require a tie breaker. Back in the 2008/09 contest the tie breaker rule was needed. Here’s the post from Wisconsin who tracked the leaders picks back in 09.

Posted 1/7/2009 @ 12.34am
    Bowl Contest Championship Game Thursday
    Thursday January 8th

BCS Championship Game Dolphin Stadium Miami FL
    Florida (12-1)...-4... Oklahoma (12-1)
    Total is 70

Kdawg Laxsfo99 Allsport KJALB Woodee12 BooneMoone Widestrides

Send your picks to me at [email protected] before 5:00pm EST on Thursday so that I can make sure they are posted before I have to go to work. Don't forget the final game is worth 3pts so you all have a chance to win. Although, Boone and Widestrides have to play the Philly role, but hey it happened for them. Send me your Team choice, total (not over or under because your total already tells me that) and margin of victory, just in case 2 of you choose the same total. Good Luck!!!!

The 2009 Championship game kickoff was at 8:00pm EST. My recollection was that Wisconsin collected the picks before 5:00pm EST and then posted all of them on the Bettorsworld message board about 1 or 2 hours before kickoff.

Dragon.

I assume you are willing to follow the above format this year established back in 08/09. When you post the official standings after the Sunday night game (DAY 18), you’ll need to begin accepting the contenders selections by e-mail and post them before the kickoff (preferably 1-2 hours before kickoff). This rule has been established to provide a competitively balanced playing field for all contestants. If this presents a conflict, let me know, and we’ll need to make other arrangements.

For the Oregon – Auburn game, the leaders will need to make 3 selections:

1) Select team choice
    2) Provide total combined score of both teams
    &
    3) In case 2 or more contestants choose the same total combined score - provide “Margin of Victory”, e.g., Team wins by 3 pts, 7 pts, 10 pts, 17 pts ………….

All other contestants not in the running for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place are free to select a team winner in the established Day 19 Championship post which will be posted on Sunday morning, January 9th with the updated Hilton LV line. I’ll also include the total game score that the Hilton posts.

Good luck to all!

laxsfo99

Team choice ATS, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
      Team choice ATS, correct?
      YES

I'll post the Oregon - Auburn line tomorrow morning, Jan. 10, 2011.

Good luck.

laxsfo99

Comment

Originally posted by laxsfo99 View Post
        YES

I'll post the Oregon - Auburn line tomorrow morning, Jan. 10, 2011.

Good luck.

laxsfo99
        CORRECTION

I'll post the Oregon - Auburn line tomorrow morning, Jan. 9, 2011.

laxsfo99

Comment

Thanks Laxsfo for all that you have done.. Very first class.. Good luck to all and go DUCKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post

Thanks Laxsfo for all that you have done.. Very first class.. Good luck to all and go DUCKS!!
            Thanks RR.

From my unofficial count, it looks like you're in the drivers seat. Good luck heading into tomorrow night's game and Monday's Championship game.

laxsfo99

Comment

Working...
            X