Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #12 Purdue at Illinois Sunday 12pm on CBS

# 12 the boilermakers come calling at Illinois

This is actually a game that favors Illinois on the front court as purdue is limited to one inside player.

When I look at all the stats the only thing that stands out is the turnovers, as purdue does not turn the ball over as a team.

The ILLINI match up very well with Purdue and have a advantage in the paint

More to follow

A Scouting Report on Purdue

THIS SEASON: The Boilermakers are 19-5 with a sparkling #9 ranking from Ken Pomeroy, with their offense at #18 and defense at #10. Their best win on the road has been an overtime 58-55 victory over #30 Virginia Tech. PU has a four-game road losing streak that includes losses to Minnesota (67-70), West Virginia (64-68), Ohio State (64-87) and Wisconsin (59-66). The Boilers do have Big Ten road wins against Michigan (80-57) and Penn State (83-68). The Illini had best win the game at the Real Assembly Hall because the Orange and Blue can’t count on a victory at Mackey Arena, where Purdue sports a 13-0 homecourt record. The Black and Gold hardly ever commit a turnover (#9), and they are #36 in the country at three-point shooting (38.4%). Like the Illini, the Boilermakers don’t shoot many free throws (#250), and they also don’t shoot that much from threepointland (#193). On defense, they do everything pretty well and most things very well -- except defending the perimeter (#132) and grabbing steals (#165).

When you look at the numbers for these two teams they are very close:

Purdue PPG 73.5 FG% 45.4 FT% 71.7
    ILLINI PPG 73.1 FG% 46.8 FT% 72.8

Purdue will play a man to man defense, belly up and in your face. They have two main weapons Johnson a 6-10 center and Moore a 6-4 PG.

Illinois only loss at home this year was to Ohio State by 5 points.

Pomeroy gives Illinois a 58% chance of winning this by a score of 68-66.

Richmond the young freshmen superstar should have a field day down low on the blocks if the Illini can find him down low.

I see the line is open at -2 ILLINOIS and that sounds about right, I am going to lay with the home court advantage Illinois has and the players should be up for this game.

Comment

The Orange Krush will be out in full force for this game at home.

The Orange Krush is known as being the best fans in College Basketball. To join the Orange Krush you must first be a student at Illinois and raise money for charities, last year these kids raised over $280,000.

Last game vs Minnesota the Orange Krush somehow managed to get 150 tickets all together at the barn. They then proceeded by bus (3 of them) to the barn 9 hours away. All dressed in Gopher garb they split up and all went into the different entrances only to meet up in the seating section. Once the game began they removed the purple shirts they had on to unveil ILLINI ORANGE. To the amazement of the Gopher fans 150 loud orange fans mad a lot of noise all night long.

Coach Weber said after the game, I wish I could fit them all on my plane for the ride home.

Comment

Illinois gives up 54 points in the 2nd half to lay an egg,

Welcome to the NIT

MCCAMEY you suck ancd I cant wait to see you play in greece, I have given up all hope for this team

Comment

The Seniors Mccamey and Tisdale go 5-16 for 13 points total in this game, I can't wait until these Seniors graduate and Coach Weber is forced to play some young talent.

The back end of the tourney to qualify is doughboy soft and still Illinois has entered the bubble talk.

Comment

Carpet:

Looking at their schedule, all they need to do is win 4 additional games and have a good showing in the BiG 10 tourney. Based on that they should receive an invitation to the Big Dance. I realize that's a tall order because of their erratic play throughout the season. However, the BIG 10 should receive at least 5 invitations to the tourney and Illinois could make it in.

laxsfo99

Comment

GAG!

Weber is a class-act and any other coach would be out on the ledge by now. So much possible talent but just cannto get it going. I think anbother benching is in order to get these superstars playing hard. The young guys need a shot, I agree.

Comment

Working...
              X