Tuesday 2/15 College Hoops thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 2/15 College Hoops thread

Let's kick this thread off and continue the run we are on!

I am on Michigan St. +13 @ Ohio St.

I was listening to a little bit of Michigan St's last game on satellite radio. The announcers were commenting on how focused the time was that game. It is interesting to see them bounce back, now the big question can they do it again against a team that just lost their first game.

If you look at Ohio St.'s history for the past 10 games, yes, they have been dominate at home. Yes, they killed my Boilers but they have beaten Michigan by 9, Penn St. by 3, and Minnesota by 3, all ATS losers. Throw out the Iowa game, and you really see a trend developing.

I really believe that you are getting an extreme value in this game. Look last night how the public was just jumping all of KU, that line went from 3.5 to 6.5, then the second half was 7. If you were watching that game closely, KSU had full control of the game. So, as I digress, I just think once again this is the public jumping on a team that was #1 and wants to bounce back. I just feel that Sparty is too talented to get steam rolled. Bottom line, Michigan's spread was 16, so, you're telling me that MSU is 3 points better than Michigan.

Michigan State will cover but lose by 5-8.

Michigan St +13

Also played Northern Iowa -2 at Bradley.

And going to play Evansville +6 VS. Witchy State

Also like VCU +1 over G Mason.

I am playing Ohio State -12.5 myself. If MSU keeps it within 15 I would be surprised. I hate large conf. favs but see a romp in this game.

Comment

Adding--

Marquette -6 over St.Johns

Comment

Time to right the ship

Tonight I am going with Maryland + 4 vs VTECH

and I am going to ride TaxMans coat tails on Michigan State to keep this game closer than 12.5

Comment

Tonight I like two small puppy dogs at home who lost the away game with the opponent and now are on home court.

548 Bradley +2.5

550 Wisconsin Green Bay + 4

Good luck to all!

laxsfo99

Comment

I'm going with:

VCU -1. woodee, you got a nice line at +1. It's up to -1.5 now!
            Villanova -3. Bounceback game.
            Drexel -2.5 at NC Willmington
            Miami -12 vs NC Greensboro
            Maryland +4.5 at VT. Should be a close battle.

The Dog System says take:
            Montana State +7 vs San Jose State, so I will hold my nose and do so.

Toledo +14. It's an Almost System play as Ball State is #172 on kenpom's ratings, so I will hold nose and take that one also.

System looks for Home favs of #180 or worse giving +6.5 or more.

GL

Comment

I'm 1-4-1 with Montana State to go, but they are getting smoked at halftime.

I'm actually doing better than that tonight as I added two other winning plays that I didn't post, but won't count those here - Tenny Martin and Under in the James Madison game.

Back to the drawing board. System sucking so I may not post those any more.

VCU gets smoked at home in a big game for the Division lead with George Mason.

And Maryland gives up a halftime lead and can't cover 4.5.

Wow, MSU got a last second bucket to cover. OSU had them by 12 for the push, but guys here had +12.5 or +13. Nice!

Comment

The other MSU, Montana State just came back from 21 down at halftime to lose by only 4, so the System gets the win!

On posted plays, I finished 2-4-1, but I did some chasing and came out 5-4-1 as I also went with Tenn-Martin, James Madison under and Villanova under 2H. But I had a little more on VCU than the others so I ended up about even.

On to tomorrow.

GL

Comment

One and one for the night is better than none.

Loss 548 Bradley +2.5
                  Win 550 Wisconsin Green Bay + 4

Congrats to all the folks who took the Spartans last night.

laxsfo99

Comment

Nice call on MSU guys...They kept it close as OSU came out pretty flat but pulled away late. I played the under in a live bet so I just lost the juice. But you guys were right forsure on your analysis of the game.

Down night for me overall as Marquette gets beat by 11. they are done...I thought they may come out with some passion and catch STJ sleeping. The Johnnies are looking good and are hot at the moment too.

VCU gets slammed at home. Evansville pushes. UNI comes back on the road to win and cover.

Back to the drawing board as I gave back my monday profits last night.

Good discussion!!

Comment

Working...
                    X