Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will be doing the college upset of the week contest again this year!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be doing the college upset of the week contest again this year!!

There seems to be much interest in this contest so Carpet had asked me to do it again this year. I will post the official rules in the coming weeks. Remember that this is just for fun and your participation is greatly appreciated by all. Thanks, RR84

Anyone with suggestions for rules I will be glad to take them here on this thread. I have already gotten a few so far..

Comment

RR84

Just a few rule suggestions.

1) Select only 1 Saturday Dog who is at +3 or greater. Someone piped in that +3 was too tough and should be lower, i.e., +2 or +1 or greater (your call).
      2) Selection made no later than 1 hour before kickoff of Saturday games. That means pick made by 11:00 am (EST)Saturday morning, similar time for the final posting of the weekly college football contest game.
      3) Dog must win SU.
      4) Spread lines are same as the weekly college football game contest. Hearing now from Xbigpapa that the college weekly lines will be posted on Thursday AM this coming season. However, if line moves Friday PM or early Saturday AM to even or dog is now favored an hour before kickoff, selection is void.

Thanks for coordinating/managing the weekly college upset selection. You're the final decision maker on the rules. Good luck!

laxsfo99

Comment

I like all of this and I do believe it should be a dog +3 or greater. I will take any other suggestions and post the rules again in a couple of weeks. All of this looks great to me however.. Thanks Lax for your input.. We had lots of great picks last year from this contest. I hope everyone will join in this year and make it even better. I believe Dog Katcher and Krichinsky tied last year as co winners. Thanks again Laxsfo 99.

Comment

plus 3 or better and must win Straight up

Comment

Originally posted by laxsfo99 View Post
            RR84

Just a few rule suggestions.

1) Select only 1 Saturday Dog who is at +3 or greater. Someone piped in that +3 was too tough and should be lower, i.e., +2 or +1 or greater (your call).
            2) Selection made no later than 1 hour before kickoff of Saturday games. That means pick made by 11:00 am (EST)Saturday morning, similar time for the final posting of the weekly college football contest game.
            3) Dog must win SU.
            4) Spread lines are same as the weekly college football game contest. Hearing now from Xbigpapa that the college weekly lines will be posted on Thursday AM this coming season. However, if line moves Friday PM or early Saturday AM to even or dog is now favored an hour before kickoff, selection is void.

Thanks for coordinating/managing the weekly college upset selection. You're the final decision maker on the rules. Good luck!

laxsfo99
            These will be the official rules for the college upset of the week contest this year. Laxfo again thanks for the input and I will make it +3 or greater so please guys when pappa posts the College lines on Thursdays don't grab a dog of plus 1 or 2. Also only one pick per capper, I will only go with your first selection regardless.

Looking forward to doing this again and I hope we will have more guys to join in. Last year we had some really good picks and some of the guys did really well. Again this is mainly for fun and bragging rights but maybe someday we might see the value in this and make it a permanent contest with prizes..

Comment

RED RAIDER THANK YOU

I know you will do a great job just as last year in continuing the tradition of the one year (now 2 years) the OFFICIAL COLLEGE UPSET OF THE WEEK here at Bettors World.

A game I game up with and still love, I appreciate you keeping this alive I think it has merit, some day a prize will be given.

Plus 3 or more points on a dog to win straight up, find your best dog, only one selection, if it wins straight up it is recorded as a Win, Red Raider states one pick per player to be counted.

Good Luck all

Comment

Carpet if I am being honest, when you started this contest I thought it was lame. I participated in it from the start and realized that some of these guys are very good at this.. I think that I came in third with a chance to win if the Ducks could have beat Auburn.. Now, I see the value in this contest.. Hey if a guy can pick say 55% in this and your getting at least three, that is awesome..

Some guys play the favorites for the most part, but some excel on the dogs and that is what this contest is all about.. Hats off to you Carpet for starting this contest and my hope is more will participate in it and realize the true value of this contest..

RR84 BOWING TO CARPET

Comment

Working...
                X