+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    X, whats your ruling on the michigan game?

The books counted it as a Michigan WIN and so will I

Very strange situation with that game. I actually had it on a parlay and it was counted as 'no action'

Quote Originally Posted by FSU123 View Post
    even if it was posted in this no one could open it or atleast that was my problem i couldnt get into any forum not even the one that jeff posted with his email in it. Firefox was the only internet i had so i was hoping that it was going to work in the morning. Mine wasnt working on friday night its really not that fair because there was no access to receiving jeffs email address unless you already knew it.
    For future reference, I noticed that with Firefox you could still post a new thread, just not open an existing one...so that would be a solution. Just post your pick in a new thread.

All books I know of posted the Michigan game as "no action." Officially, the University of Michigan got the win, but not by any books. It's gotta go 55 minutes to count. Seems like that's more than 5 innings of baseball, but that's what I'm hearing. This game went just short of three quarters.

so even though we had no access to the thread and u dnt have it stated to email jeff if the site is down in the rules and ur still counting it as late and a loss??

The Firefox issue is one thing. The guys late because they couldn't get in to the site is another, IMO. This happened last year numerous times and people were warned to get their picks in early. If you want to wait for the last second information on the games and then can't get in...tough luck...that's the risk you take. The 'not being able to get in' excuse opens the door for every yahoo to use that excuse whenever they are late for whatever reason and is not fair to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by xbigpappa View Post
    No exceptions for late posters, there is always a chance the site will be down if you wait till the last min to post. As for Heart Attack, since I did have conflicting info in the rules I will let his last play (OKL) Stand, Figures HE would be the one to take advantage of the error. The only way I will allow late posters is if Jeff says its OK
    I didn't take advantage of anything. In my rush to get my play in on time for this fine contest I stopped at the rule that referenced TOTALS since I liked that game under. It wasn't until I knew I had made it on time that I went back and realized that the next rule said NO TOTALS so I posted my first (and only) side for week "zero". I look forward to competing with the other 1-0 contestants. Shalom Y'all!

The over and under is at 8 this year for the contest, book is close to pulling all odds off the board on the over/under for this contest

smart money say's 9 or more mistakes to come

good luck all

Quote Originally Posted by xbigpappa View Post
    No exceptions for late posters, there is always a chance the site will be down if you wait till the last min to post. As for Heart Attack, since I did have conflicting info in the rules I will let his last play (OKL) Stand, Figures HE would be the one to take advantage of the error.THE ONLY WAY I WILL ALLOW LATE POSTERS IS IF JEFF SAYS ITS OK
    So I noticed those who posted late werent in the standings with a win or a loss so im assuiming we are waiting to see if jeff says it should or shouldnt be allowed due to the site???

I played all season last year and never experienced a Firefox problem.
    Just curious is this a permanent problem as still no access via Firefox????
    I think the Slowpokes could at least have been given a courtesy 0-1 in the
    standings. LOL

Good Luck everyone.

If you read Jeff's explanation you would know that the Firefox issue was as a result of a security update Bettorsworld implemented and that it will be fixed. The effect it had was that it wouldn't let you 'click on' (open) an existing thread. It has nothing to do with the other issue of not being able to get into the site at all (last year's issue also) which likely has to do with an overload of traffic on Saturday mornings? Just a guess. Personally, I think they should make a one time exception as a result of the Firefox issue, and maybe they are still thinking about it hence the 'no score'? I don't know for sure. But if you couldn't get into the site at all it was not the 'Firefox issue'.

As for the shortened games, you never know what would have happened. If the books called it a 'no action' that's what we should have done IMO. It's just not fair to the ones who were on the losing side. We could have let the one's affected pick 2 games this week. But that's just my opinion...I'm not the one interpreting/making the rules.

Thanks Dragon, just found Jeff's statement. Glad to hear it is
    only a temporary interruption in service. At worst only 1 game
    behind and a whole bunch to go. Best of Luck this season.