Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree WS

Comment

We had these issues last year and probably the year before with people not being able to get in the site on Sat morning. The solution was and always has been to email Jeff with your pick or don't wait until Saturday morning to get your freakin' picks in. We need to nip this in the bud. It's the same crap every year.

Comment

I am the worlds worst at getting my pick in late.. Not too late but late, hell I almost forgot today not that it would have mattered... I think there is no way to please everyone and though I don't agree with Papa often he seems to try and keep things fair.. It is up to us as adults to abide by the rules..... JUST SAYING... I do however think that slack needs to be cut in a situation like today when the site is down.. .. Hey as long as they haven't picked a game already started, I have no problem with it...

Comment

No exceptions for late posters, there is always a chance the site will be down if you wait till the last min to post. As for Heart Attack, since I did have conflicting info in the rules I will let his last play (OKL) Stand, Figures HE would be the one to take advantage of the error. The only way I will allow late posters is if Jeff says its OK

Comment

In the future, if you have trouble posting b 4 the deadline, e-mail your pic to bettorsworld.

Comment

@ Woodee: Lines are now available for college totals, so I decided to include them this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                We had these issues last year and probably the year before with people not being able to get in the site on Sat morning. The solution was and always has been to email Jeff with your pick or don't wait until Saturday morning to get your freakin' picks in. We need to nip this in the bud. It's the same crap every year.
                Understood. But to remind everyone and for newcomers, the full email ([email protected]) should be in the Rules for both the College and Pro Contests, which they quote at the top of each week's lines. Then they all have something current to refer to.

Comment

even if it was posted in this no one could open it or atleast that was my problem i couldnt get into any forum not even the one that jeff posted with his email in it. Firefox was the only internet i had so i was hoping that it was going to work in the morning. Mine wasnt working on friday night its really not that fair because there was no access to receiving jeffs email address unless you already knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by FSU123 View Post
                    even if it was posted in this no one could open it or atleast that was my problem i couldnt get into any forum not even the one that jeff posted with his email in it. Firefox was the only internet i had so i was hoping that it was going to work in the morning. Mine wasnt working on friday night its really not that fair because there was no access to receiving jeffs email address unless you already knew it.
                    You are right. Everyone is responsible for knowing Jeff's email in advance. bettorsworld @gmail.com. All should add it to their Address Book.

Comment

• Thanks widestrides, I will update the rules to include the Bettorsworld e-mail incase the site cannot be accessed.

Comment

• X, whats your ruling on the michigan game?

Comment

• The books counted it as a Michigan WIN and so will I

Comment

• Very strange situation with that game. I actually had it on a parlay and it was counted as 'no action'

Comment

• Originally posted by FSU123 View Post
                              For future reference, I noticed that with Firefox you could still post a new thread, just not open an existing one...so that would be a solution. Just post your pick in a new thread.

Comment

• All books I know of posted the Michigan game as "no action." Officially, the University of Michigan got the win, but not by any books. It's gotta go 55 minutes to count. Seems like that's more than 5 innings of baseball, but that's what I'm hearing. This game went just short of three quarters.

Comment

Working...
                                X