WhatNot 1-0
    widestrides 1-0
    WildCard 1-0
    wisconsin5473 1-0
    wizard 0-1
    Woodee12 0-1
    xbigpappa 1-0

Xbigpappa

Not trying to start any trouble or BS. Just want to confirm the ruling on the Mich – W. Michigan contest where 4 contestants last week selected the game. You determined that even though the game was called in the 3rd quarter, Mich was the win. With this precedent, is the rule now that any game that starts and is cancelled in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarter (both schools agree to the cancellation and no replay) the final score will determine the win with line spread included.

As you aware, yesterday, the Marshall and W. Virginia game was also called in early in the 4th quarter. If you had Marshall at +22.5 or +22 you had winner based on your ruling.

I’m not challenging you on your decision; I just want it clarified for the remaining weeks of the contest. Since this occurred twice this past weekend, it could easily happen again. Mother nature calls the shots, not us humans.

To my knowledge, all Vegas and Offshore sports books called both the Mich. – W. Michigan and Marshall – W. Virginia as “no action” and refunded all initial bets on both these games.

Thanks and look forward to your response.

laxsfo99

Comment

Had buffalo +30 thanks

Comment

Michigan/W. Michigan was no action everywhere. But Michigan (-13.5) was up by 24 with a quarter to go, so maybe justice is served. Western would have need a couple TDs in the 4th to cover and Denard Robinson had Michigan moving most of the day.

A compromise would be to let those guys pick two games this week. That would be tough on the guys who picked Michigan and a bit of luck for those who picked Western Michigan.

Comment

I had Oklahoma Sooners, should be 1-0. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
            Michigan/W. Michigan was no action everywhere. But Michigan (-13.5) was up by 24 with a quarter to go, so maybe justice is served. Western would have need a couple TDs in the 4th to cover and Denard Robinson had Michigan moving most of the day.

A compromise would be to let those guys pick two games this week. That would be tough on the guys who picked Michigan and a bit of luck for those who picked Western Michigan.
            I guess that's pappa's call I am cool either way with it. I also guess it filtered down to the local books because I checked a figure with him a second ago and his figure was 400 lite. Damn no way Michagan loses that line and I get burned by the weather... Oh well!!

Comment

I will address all issues later in the day.

Comment

@ laxfo99: Again, Im going to grade the games in question on the final score in the score book, so MICHIGAN was a Winner.........If games are cancelled in the future I plan on grading the SAME way.

Comment

@ Zshimer: corrected your score to 1-0

Comment

@ Widestrides: See response to laxfo99

Comment

@ Heart Attack: Corrected your score to 1-0

Comment

Take my name off of this. Every year now you do something that pisses someone off and
                        goes against the spirit of what I think the purpose of this site should be and messing with
                        the opportunity for all of us to share ideas. In the end we all end up carping
                        at your un-bending position on something that all of us view differently.

Arrgg...I shouldn't have trusted that you finally figured it out.

Comment

F U Krichinsky who R U? Get the hell on. You never won anything anyway, ur pics sucked, and I KNOW u will still be Checking the contest to get pics to play!

Comment

Krichinsky's record over the years

2008 5-8

2009 8-5

2010 6-7

U got a LOT of Nerve talkin shyt in a FREE CONTEST! LOSER

Comment

Xbigpappa,

Thanks for clarifying the situation for the remainder of the season. No need to call out Krichinsky the way you did. We all have acted hastily in the past and over reacted to circumstances that we are not in favor of.

As MLK Jr. so eloquently stated: “Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation.”

Take care – all is well and the contest continues.

laxsfo99

Comment

Working...
                              X