+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Only those who have paid their $50 should post their picks in this thread.

If you'd like to enter, pay here: http://www.bettorsworld.com/2011/moc...on-contest.htm

Early...."Mock Hilton Contest".........rules
    "Mock Hilton Rules"

This contest will be modeled as closely as possible after the "Las Vegas Hilton Super Contest" .

#1 NFL sides only

#2 We will use the official Hilton Contest Line which I will post as soon as I get it.

#3 Posting deadline is Saturday 6:00 PM EST. If you post late you go 0-5 for the week.

#4 All picks must be posted in one post........"One Post Per Person"

#5 No corrections or editing of picks is allowed so be careful. 0-5 for the week if you do.

#6 The contest will last for 17 weeks, 5 picks per week = 85 total picks.

#7 The Thursday-Saturday rule: If you're using a Thurs. or Sat. game then all picks must be posted in one post and at least one hour before the earliest game.

Just to clarify, are pushes worth 1/2 point like in the regular hilton contest?

Quote Originally Posted by woodee12 View Post
    Just to clarify, are pushes worth 1/2 point like in the regular hilton contest?
    win = 1 point
    tie/push = 1/2 point
    loss = 0

last years winner won with 55.5 points out of a possibly 85 points

Ok, thanks for not reaming me on it for asking,(like some would do), as this was probably already posted in some thread somewhere that I could have found myself.

Mock Hilton Contest Payout

1st: 40%
    2nd: 25%
    3rd: 20%
    4th: 10%
    5th: 5%

7 falcons -3
    10 bills +6
    13 eagles -4
    19 giants -3
    29 patriots -7

Chi Bears +3
    Buff Bills +6.5
    TB Bucs -1.5
    Wash RedSkins +3
    Jax Jags -1.5

Just paid. Here are my entries for this week:

TB -1.5
    Buf +6.5
    StL +4.5
    Az -7
    Den -3

Quote Originally Posted by The Boys View Post
    Let me stress.....if you want to play Thursday's Game....you must post all 5 of your plays for the week by kickoff tonight!
    I decided I wanted Green Bay last night so I did a quick perusal for the rule and found this statement above "if you want to play Thursday's Game....you must post all 5 of your plays for the week by kickoff tonight!". That was the first post in the thread regarding the rule and it was by the one running the contest so I didn't look any further. I played the game at 4:50, 40 min prior to scheduled KO (although it didn't actually KO until 5:45) Then today as I was looking through the thread I found a post by Widestrides stating 1 hr before scheduled kick-off. So which is it? In my defense, shouldn't the rules be posted at the top of the page before the lines? Sorry to create a hassle already.
    Last edited by dragon1952; 09-09-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1952 View Post
    I decided I wanted Green Bay last night so I did a quick perusal for the rule and found this statement above "if you want to play Thursday's Game....you must post all 5 of your plays for the week by kickoff tonight!". That was the first post in the thread regarding the rule and it was by the one running the contest so I didn't look any further. I played the game at 4:50, 40 min prior to scheduled KO (although it didn't actually KO until 5:45) Then today as I was looking through the thread I found a post by Widestrides stating 1 hr before scheduled kick-off. So which is it? In my defense, shouldn't the rules be posted at the top of the page before the lines? Sorry to create a hassle already.

TO: The Boys and Widestrides

To: The Boys and Widestrides

#7 The Thursday-Saturday rule: If you're using a Thurs. or Sat. game then all picks must be posted in one post and at least one hour before the earliest game.

I made the same mistake as Dragon. My post was 54 minutes before the scheduled kickoff. However, my post right before Drasgon's was on the losing side. I expect my Saints pick to be recorded as a loss. My post which was right before his may have caused the confusion.

I say let Dragon have the WIN.

In the future, post the instructions first and then the Hilton Lines right below, which I suspect you will.

laxsfo99

lol....thanks bud! Seriously, I don't want to have anything resembling 'another well-known contest I won't name'. I'll live with the decision, but I don't think I should be given an 0-5 either, considering.

seriousy dragon the lines were posted on september 5!!! you had plenty of time to read the rules they were posted on SEP 5!!! your a loser!!! SePtEmBer 5Th!!! do you want me to post your record on here cuz if we go by the rules ur 0-1!!! U LOSER!

OH YEA SEPTEMBER 5th!!!!
    Last edited by FSU123; 09-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1952 View Post
    Uh-oh. Tough one. We better bring in xbigpapa to mediate this one! :-)

The Boys will have to rule on it.

Given that he mistakenly posted it as any time before kickoff despite other postings before and after that post that said 1 hour before kickoff, I expect he might allow the games. Or maybe a re-pick for that one game? 0-5 would be a bit harsh.

lol....you guys crack me up

MUTE POINT - The Boys posted this above.

"In order to accommodate new or late enrollees for week #1 I will extend the posting of picks to 12 noon EST Sunday. This is for week #1 only. Beginning week #2 we will revert back to the original cut off of Saturday 6:00 PM EST."

Once again, in the future, post the instructions first and then the Hilton Lines right below, which I suspect you will NOW.

laxsfo99

Quote Originally Posted by widestrides View Post
    Uh-oh. Tough one. We better bring in xbigpapa to mediate this one! :-)

The Boys will have to rule on it.

Given that he mistakenly posted it as any time before kickoff despite other postings before and after that post that said 1 hour before kickoff, I expect he might allow the games. Or maybe a re-pick for that one game? 0-5 would be a bit harsh.
    Yeah, I did some research today and did find that 1 hr rule mentioned in another thread but then again I didn't follow that thread all the way through post by post originally, even though I did make a couple posts myself. Whatever though....I'm easy.

I'm busy with my son in town until tonight. Give me a few hours and I will make a ruling. This contest will be fair and maybe a little flexible until we get all the bugs out and I have a chance to work on the rules.........I am not a hard ass !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by laxsfo99 View Post
    MUTE POINT - The Boys posted this above.

"In order to accommodate new or late enrollees for week #1 I will extend the posting of picks to 12 noon EST Sunday. This is for week #1 only. Beginning week #2 we will revert back to the original cut off of Saturday 6:00 PM EST."

Once again, in the future, post the instructions first and then the Hilton Lines right below, which I suspect you will NOW.

laxsfo99
    Yes, I'm sure that will happen. But just for the benefit of the newer members here, these contests are not professionally run (I mean 'by' professionals). They are run by volunteers who are just regular members like everyone else. So if you do see some controversies occasionally, it is to be expected. We can't think of everything and we are not experts.

I woud be careful on this one as we are paying cash. Ask yourself what would the Hilton do. Post early and be safe. If you wait till the last minute you may get shut out, just like the long lines at the sports book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinger View Post
    I woud be careful on this one as we are paying cash. Ask yourself what would the Hilton do. ...........
    OK.....I just asked myself and my 'self' said "The Hilton would have the rules clearly posted with no conflicting rules to confuse people that are easily confused such as myself"

Let the games begin!
    8 chi +3
    12 indy +9
    14 rams +4.5
    20 skins +3
    28 dal +4

7. Falcons
    10. Bills
    14. Rams
    18. Titans
    29. Patriots

14 rams
    15 browns
    18 titans
    20 redskins
    28 cowboys

dragon and laxsfo.........OK my bad, I know the rules are not clear and I take the blame for that. They will be more detailed for week #2. So, in the meantime and out of good sportsmanship each of you make another pick and I'll cancel out the Thursday game altogether.

This is the first week and the first year of this contest so we need to be a little flexible, hope everyone agrees with my decision........Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boys View Post
    dragon and laxsfo.........OK my bad, I know the rules are not clear and I take the blame for that. They will be more detailed for week #2. So, in the meantime and out of good sportsmanship each of you make another pick and I'll cancel out the Thursday game altogether.

This is the first week and the first year of this contest so we need to be a little flexible, hope everyone agrees with my decision........Thank you.
    The Boys, for what it is worth that was a sound and fair decision based on the circumstances, Job well done