Just paid. Here are my entries for this week:

TB -1.5
        Buf +6.5
        StL +4.5
        Az -7
        Den -3

Comment

Originally posted by The Boys View Post
          Let me stress.....if you want to play Thursday's Game....you must post all 5 of your plays for the week by kickoff tonight!
          I decided I wanted Green Bay last night so I did a quick perusal for the rule and found this statement above "if you want to play Thursday's Game....you must post all 5 of your plays for the week by kickoff tonight!". That was the first post in the thread regarding the rule and it was by the one running the contest so I didn't look any further. I played the game at 4:50, 40 min prior to scheduled KO (although it didn't actually KO until 5:45) Then today as I was looking through the thread I found a post by Widestrides stating 1 hr before scheduled kick-off. So which is it? In my defense, shouldn't the rules be posted at the top of the page before the lines? Sorry to create a hassle already.
          Last edited by dragon1952; 09-09-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
            I decided I wanted Green Bay last night so I did a quick perusal for the rule and found this statement above "if you want to play Thursday's Game....you must post all 5 of your plays for the week by kickoff tonight!". That was the first post in the thread regarding the rule and it was by the one running the contest so I didn't look any further. I played the game at 4:50, 40 min prior to scheduled KO (although it didn't actually KO until 5:45) Then today as I was looking through the thread I found a post by Widestrides stating 1 hr before scheduled kick-off. So which is it? In my defense, shouldn't the rules be posted at the top of the page before the lines? Sorry to create a hassle already.

TO: The Boys and Widestrides

To: The Boys and Widestrides

#7 The Thursday-Saturday rule: If you're using a Thurs. or Sat. game then all picks must be posted in one post and at least one hour before the earliest game.

I made the same mistake as Dragon. My post was 54 minutes before the scheduled kickoff. However, my post right before Drasgon's was on the losing side. I expect my Saints pick to be recorded as a loss. My post which was right before his may have caused the confusion.

I say let Dragon have the WIN.

In the future, post the instructions first and then the Hilton Lines right below, which I suspect you will.

laxsfo99

Comment

lol....thanks bud! Seriously, I don't want to have anything resembling 'another well-known contest I won't name'. I'll live with the decision, but I don't think I should be given an 0-5 either, considering.

Comment

seriousy dragon the lines were posted on september 5!!! you had plenty of time to read the rules they were posted on SEP 5!!! your a loser!!! SePtEmBer 5Th!!! do you want me to post your record on here cuz if we go by the rules ur 0-1!!! U LOSER!

OH YEA SEPTEMBER 5th!!!!
                Last edited by FSU123; 09-09-2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                  Uh-oh. Tough one. We better bring in xbigpapa to mediate this one! :-)

The Boys will have to rule on it.

Given that he mistakenly posted it as any time before kickoff despite other postings before and after that post that said 1 hour before kickoff, I expect he might allow the games. Or maybe a re-pick for that one game? 0-5 would be a bit harsh.

Comment

lol....you guys crack me up

Comment

MUTE POINT - The Boys posted this above.

"In order to accommodate new or late enrollees for week #1 I will extend the posting of picks to 12 noon EST Sunday. This is for week #1 only. Beginning week #2 we will revert back to the original cut off of Saturday 6:00 PM EST."

Once again, in the future, post the instructions first and then the Hilton Lines right below, which I suspect you will NOW.

laxsfo99

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
                        Uh-oh. Tough one. We better bring in xbigpapa to mediate this one! :-)

The Boys will have to rule on it.

Given that he mistakenly posted it as any time before kickoff despite other postings before and after that post that said 1 hour before kickoff, I expect he might allow the games. Or maybe a re-pick for that one game? 0-5 would be a bit harsh.
                        Yeah, I did some research today and did find that 1 hr rule mentioned in another thread but then again I didn't follow that thread all the way through post by post originally, even though I did make a couple posts myself. Whatever though....I'm easy.

Comment

I'm busy with my son in town until tonight. Give me a few hours and I will make a ruling. This contest will be fair and maybe a little flexible until we get all the bugs out and I have a chance to work on the rules.........I am not a hard ass !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by laxsfo99 View Post
                            MUTE POINT - The Boys posted this above.

"In order to accommodate new or late enrollees for week #1 I will extend the posting of picks to 12 noon EST Sunday. This is for week #1 only. Beginning week #2 we will revert back to the original cut off of Saturday 6:00 PM EST."

Once again, in the future, post the instructions first and then the Hilton Lines right below, which I suspect you will NOW.

laxsfo99
                            Yes, I'm sure that will happen. But just for the benefit of the newer members here, these contests are not professionally run (I mean 'by' professionals). They are run by volunteers who are just regular members like everyone else. So if you do see some controversies occasionally, it is to be expected. We can't think of everything and we are not experts.

Comment

I woud be careful on this one as we are paying cash. Ask yourself what would the Hilton do. Post early and be safe. If you wait till the last minute you may get shut out, just like the long lines at the sports book.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger View Post
                                I woud be careful on this one as we are paying cash. Ask yourself what would the Hilton do. ...........
                                OK.....I just asked myself and my 'self' said "The Hilton would have the rules clearly posted with no conflicting rules to confuse people that are easily confused such as myself"

Comment

Working...
                                X