Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Football Early Looks

Early looks NCAA

Boise -18 at Toledo- Are you kidding me..

Toledo always plays the home sister school tough and Ohio State is not the same team we remember. Boise will flatten them by 30

My Dog pick of the week. Michigan State + 5 vs Notre DameThe Spartans are for real a top 20 team in my mind and playing better in the second game of the year, The Irish schedule and team play does not warrant being a 5-6 point chalk. State will drive the ball on offense and they have a better defense than most think. Give me Michigan State and all the points the fair gold shamrock bettors want to give.

OKLAHOMA -3 at FSU
    , Have heard so much about this highly recruited talent that FSU has on board this year, a number one class and for sure the Seminoles are on the rise, my only point here is the Sooner's are already there, OK by 17

And you knew I could not end my early looks with out including Illinois +1 vs Arizona State. The Illini are the only Big 10 team this week playing a ranked team.

AZ State comes into the land of Lincoln ranked 21 coming off a win vs Mizzou last week at home in the desert late at night. Interesting match up we have here. The QB of AZ State stands 6'8 inches we have never played a QB that tall (have you)?

Illinois is clearly the more physical team and State looks mistake prone, this is gonna be a great game and all orange kool aid aside I see Illinois winning this game by 3 points at home. I would not call it a must game for Ron Zook Head Coach but this game would really prove a point that the program is changing to the next corner.

So I am going to side with the team that needs it most and has worked so hard, Illinois

Good Luck all

Carpet

The line has been moving a 3 point swing in 24 hours and Illinois is now a 1.5 chalk at home.

12 ranked teams take the road this week to play and there are plenty of upsets that await.

Could Arizona State be over looking Illinois looking ahead to USC? Seems like a perfect trap game. Allow me to share some random thoughts.

The QB of ASU is huge 6'8" and some what mobile for a big guy, throws over the top and likes to stretch a defense down the middle, this is an area of concern for Illinois.

The Sun Devils ranked # 1 in penalties last year in the Pac-10 and look to repeat that this year, not a very disciplined team. Always shooting themselves in the foot with dumb penalties.

Beating a depleted Mizzou team at sun devil stadium in a exhausting win is nothing to write home about.

Illinois has given up 1 touchdown this year in 2 games granted it was vs weak opponents but isn't that what all good teams have been doing as they gear up.

I think many will be surprised at how fast the Illini are at key positions on both sides of the ball, (I am) Asu is undersized at the Defensive Tackle position allowing power running teams to just push the ball down the field. The strength of the Illini offensive running game is right between the tackles

Illinois really gets up for a game in Champaign and this is a Big One for Ron Zook and this team, If Illinois beats ASU they have turned the corner and everyone to a ball boy thinks they can win this game.

More to follow

Comment

I am looking at Illinois too. ASU got some TV time and eveyone will be on them so a good spot to take a sneaky Orange DOGGY!

Also, what do you think about MICh State getting +4.5 at ND. ND has looked horrible. The books cannot make ND a home dog or they would have very unbalnced action but ND does have revenge on their minds and this could be the game to turn it up a notch. I probably cannot bite but a sneaky line making ND this big of favorite. My only play would be on ND if the line moves lower.

Comment

Woodee12

Great Question on the Michigan State vs ND Game.

I keep looking at this game over and over and can't help to think just maybe just maybe the Irish play mistake free ball, but I do not see that happening. Yes the Irish are big, can move the ball on offense and have what I consider a decent defense. I cannot judge a defense playing against 10 turnovers last 2 games.

Factor in the Irish needing some blood to stay alive and this becomes a true tuff challenge for any team.

Michigan State will get yards on Offense make no mistake about that and the 51.5 over should be well within reach for this game. In fact the over is also a play for me.

I see a 41-38 type of game

Comment

I may be too much of a stat junkie, but it gives me peace of mind. (most of the time)
          I say that because I think the Illini are in a great position (home) this weekend.
          Az State, through two games, has commited 3x more penalties than Illinois.
          That makes the home team a great play when the line is this close.

With Notre Dame, I feel the spread makers are always playing catch up. In turn, you
          never get a fair line on their games....or at least a line that you don't look at and
          go "huh"? Just talking about era of Weis and now Kelly.
          I'd love to know if that makes ND a winner or a loser for the books.

Comment

Carpet,

I agree with all of your Saturday picks. I got IL early when it was a PK.

However, I disagree with your Boise State romp of Toledo.

Toledo is not that bad of a team. I agree with what you said, but Toledo is an upper tier MAC team. They have did beat a beaten up Purdue team last year. I think that the line moved to far up and I see value at +21. I could be wrong and it could be an old fashion ass whoppin', but the MAC that is not that bad.

This is Toledo game to make a statement, you need to start somewhere, so why not host a championship contender. I'm not calling an upset, but I can see Toledo hang with them scoring. I am comfortable taking 3TDs when my dog can score as well.

GL, Taxman

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
              I may be too much of a stat junkie, but it gives me peace of mind. (most of the time)
              I say that because I think the Illini are in a great position (home) this weekend.
              Az State, through two games, has commited 3x more penalties than Illinois.
              That makes the home team a great play when the line is this close.

With Notre Dame, I feel the spread makers are always playing catch up. In turn, you
              never get a fair line on their games....or at least a line that you don't look at and
              go "huh"? Just talking about era of Weis and now Kelly.
              I'd love to know if that makes ND a winner or a loser for the books.
              IMO, I'd say ND in football is the same as Duke in basketball, a public fan favorite. I enjoy getting the points and watch them struggle to win. Just circle you're calendar for the Purdue game, that will be a step down in class for them. Now, you know why ND will never join the Big Ten in football, they would be a middle of the pack 5-3 team. Overrated as always!

Comment

Here is the remainder of my card for real money:

Clemson -3 over Auburn (was between this play and the over in the ku-gt game for my college play of the week).

OVER 61 Kansas-GT---shootout city with 2 bad defenses and high tempo offenses

Illinois -1 over ASU

Ole Miss -2 over Vandy

Okie -3 over FSU

Maryland -1 over WV

Texas tech -20.5 over NMexico

Iowa -3 over Pitt

Iowa State/Uconn UNDER 45

Lean on Toledo +20.5 tonight too and the over.

I think ND wins and covers this week but cannot put cash on them to do so.

Comment

mia OH 2 units!

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                    Carpet,

I agree with all of your Saturday picks. I got IL early when it was a PK.

However, I disagree with your Boise State romp of Toledo.

Toledo is not that bad of a team. I agree with what you said, but Toledo is an upper tier MAC team. They have did beat a beaten up Purdue team last year. I think that the line moved to far up and I see value at +21. I could be wrong and it could be an old fashion ass whoppin', but the MAC that is not that bad.

This is Toledo game to make a statement, you need to start somewhere, so why not host a championship contender. I'm not calling an upset, but I can see Toledo hang with them scoring. I am comfortable taking 3TDs when my dog can score as well.

GL, Taxman
                    Did you say upper tier MAC Team ? Good Luck Tax Man always appreciate your feed back.

Comment

Boise State covers 40-15

I knew it

Comment

7-3 early looks so far

Boise covers,

Michigan State lays a egg

2 games to go Illinois and OK

Comment

8-3 early looks this year

Illini beat a ranked team at home for the 1st time in 4 years I said they would win by 3 and they did

Keep your eye on this team the defense is fo real

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                            Early looks NCAA

Boise -18 at Toledo- Are you kidding me..

Toledo always plays the home sister school tough and Ohio State is not the same team we remember. Boise will flatten them by 30

My Dog pick of the week. Michigan State + 5 vs Notre DameThe Spartans are for real a top 20 team in my mind and playing better in the second game of the year, The Irish schedule and team play does not warrant being a 5-6 point chalk. State will drive the ball on offense and they have a better defense than most think. Give me Michigan State and all the points the fair gold shamrock bettors want to give.

OKLAHOMA -3 at FSU
                            , Have heard so much about this highly recruited talent that FSU has on board this year, a number one class and for sure the Seminoles are on the rise, my only point here is the Sooner's are already there, OK by 17

And you knew I could not end my early looks with out including Illinois +1 vs Arizona State. The Illini are the only Big 10 team this week playing a ranked team.

AZ State comes into the land of Lincoln ranked 21 coming off a win vs Mizzou last week at home in the desert late at night. Interesting match up we have here. The QB of AZ State stands 6'8 inches we have never played a QB that tall (have you)?

Illinois is clearly the more physical team and State looks mistake prone, this is gonna be a great game and all orange kool aid aside I see Illinois winning this game by 3 points at home. I would not call it a must game for Ron Zook Head Coach but this game would really prove a point that the program is changing to the next corner.

So I am going to side with the team that needs it most and has worked so hard, Illinois

Good Luck all

Carpet
                            3-1 for the day as OK covers 9-3 for the year early looks

Comment

7-2 for me on the week....Ole Miss still pisses me off, as that was way off!!

I ended up pairing Notre Dame with the NY Giants in a ML parlay so I need that to cap a good week!

GO G-MEN!

Nice job Carpet too---I followed your insight on Illinois--nice game. I was up in the Chicago-land area so got to watch it with some hard-core Illini Fans too.

Comment

Working...
                              X