Falcons +2.5 over Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcons +2.5 over Eagles

Curious to hear some thoughts from the peanut gallery on this night cap........weigh in!

I have my own line a Atl -2 for this game. 4.5 point difference then vegas.

I can see this game going either way by a field goal. Have to give the edge to the home team and it's
    crowd.

Comment

I'm no guru when it comes to handicapping, but funny story concerning this particular game, and Dingers response. When the spreads came out sunday night, I jot them down, and we discuss them at work. I erroneously had Atlanta marked as the 2 pt favorite. And we all liked them even then. So obviously, getting points is icing. National television, home crowd, SB contenders, Falcons should come out on top. 27-24.

Comment

I see Atlanta feeding a heavey dose of Turner vs an undersized Eagle front 7 and winning this one straight up. If Turner gets 25 carries Atlanta will win outright.

Comment

Originally posted by oldluds View Post
          getting points is icing. National television, home crowd, SB contenders, Falcons should come out on top. 27-24.
          Add to that this is the 2nd road game in a row for Philly. Also, Atlanta LOST SU and ATS last week and Philly WON SU and ATS last week. There will also be emotional and physical pressure on Vick. All signs point to Atlanta. Or does that make you nervous? I like Atlanta. Now that may REALLY make you nervous.

Can the Falcons D contain Vick and keep him in the pocket? And can they do it for four quarters. Vick gets even faster compared to everyone else in the 4th quarter - unless you hit him constantly and slow him down.
          Last edited by widestrides; 09-17-2011, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Vick is always scary to bet against. The guy can make plays and win games all by himself. I just have a hard time believing that the Falcons have fallen that far from the 13-3 team they were a year ago, 7-1 at home.

People say they were exposed last year in the playoffs by the Packers......but let's face it, the packers were on a mission and they also beat the Eagles on their way to the title.

If the Falcons didn't lay an egg in Chicago last week, they'd be favored here.

We'll see soon enough. I don't look forward to all that many NFL games these days as there seems to be too much mediocrity these days. But I'm looking forward to this one as well as the Pats/Chargers game today.

Comment

I love ATL at home tonight at grabbed them at +3 on the buy.

Most are on Philly as only 28% on ATL which makes it the kind of play I love on a TV game like this.

Good value on a good team, plus fading a hug e public team.

Comment

Going with Atlanta +3 to hopefully top off a great day. If it hadn't been for Green Bay it would have been an amazing day......assholes!

Comment

well, Turner got 21 touches, close

Comment

Looks like we were all over the Falcons. Could have neen different with Vick not going out.
                    Part of the game though.

Comment

Vick was up 10 when he left and the Falcons D couldn't stop anything or cover Maclin. We were lucky to knock Vick out. All teams know that is how you beat the Eagles. Knock Vick out. Strange way to do it though. Slam his head into the helmet and shoulder pads of his 330 pound tackle!

Comment

Yeah, I don't think the Falcons cover if Vick hadn't left. The Falcons were one of my write-ups for the week too and I thought we got lucky there.

Comment

They really are the DIRTY birds and thats how they play! I teazed Philly along with the over so I got it, but the refs were letting the Falcons hit anyway they wanted That slam on Maclin wasnt called either. Nice call guys on the Falcons
                          good luck

Comment

I had the Eagles -1.5 and got burned, but the original Vegas line was -3.5, you cant handicap a fluke concussion like Mike Vick got, oh well, congrats to the betters that took Atlanta and Matty Ice's 20-2 GA dome record as a side, he showed why in the 4th Q

Comment

Working...
                            X