Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Early looks week of 9-18

NCAA EARLY LOOKS 9-3 this year looking early

The 1st thing that comes to mind in looking at the early lines is they are sky rocket high.

Let me kick this off by saying I have watched both teams I am picking next and Kentucky is just a bad team. FLORIDA-19.5 vs Kentucky a strong play

Bama -11.5 vs Arkansas, this line seems out of whack for me, I need to look at this in deeper mode (no pick yet)

ILL -13.5 vs Western Michigan this is again another game I need to look at in greater detail, was a lot of talk that this is the perfect trap game for Illinois on the surface I would have to agree, give me a couple days to land on this with research.

More to follow

Funny-I circled 2 of these 3 games too.

I kind oif like WMU to stay close with Illinois after the big win last week and look-ahead to conf. action next week (?). Have to see who they have on deck.

I already played Ark +12 myself as I think this one is closer than expected. ARK is loaded this year on offense and if they can play some sort of D, I think they can maybe pull an upset.

Also like WV at home vs. LSU. Not that WV is better, but b2b really tough roadies for LSU and that +5.5 line always is intriguing for the dog.

Liek ASU - at home vs. USC too.

Comment

Any weird lines to consider?

Many were surprised that Clemson is a dog +3 at home vs FSU after Clemson's impressive win over Auburn and FSUs flat loss to Oklahoma. Oops! Just checked and Clemson opened at +3 and is now -2! Wow!

And WV only +5.5 vs the mighty LSU who kicked the stuffing out of Oregon and Miss. State.

Oregon opened at -11 and now up to -16 at Arizona.

Bama opened at -14 and is down to -11.5 vs Arky

Michigan from -7.5 to -10.5 vs SD State

Comment

I have played:

WV +5.5

FSU +2----Clemson is on the public radar after beating Auburn, but really all not that of a big deal. FSU off a loss and I don't really care who plays QB for them as FSU's D is the key to winning this game.

BYU -2.5 (small play)

ASU -2.5 over USC...game of the year in Tempe for Sun Devil Fans.

Comment

Huge Look ahead spot alert....

Nebraska -23 at Wyoming.

Huskers have their biggest game of the year on deck at Wiscy. Not only the big 10 opener but a game that could be a preview for the big 10 championship. Plus on the road AT Camp Randall against a really tough Wiscy team.

Thoughts?

Wyoming blows quite hard, but +23 on a team that does not blow many out on the road, in a classic look-ahead of look-aheads, is very tasty to me.

Comment

I can get sdie st at +11.....hhmmmmm thinking about taking the points, any thoughts??

Comment

I like SD St too...played them for a small play..

Wyoming donw to +21 so someone big must be reading this thread as it was +23 this morning when I played it!

Comment

Working...
              X