X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINOIS -13.0 vs Western Michigan

ILLINOIS -13 vs Western Michigan @ Champaign

A Look at the teams stats:

Points Against ILL 10.7 (10th in the Nation) vs WMU 18.3 (38th)

Points for ILL 35.3 a game (39th in the nation)

Rushing ILL 223 yards on the ground vs NMU at 132 yards a game.

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Western Michigan is a good solid team that might have the best talent in the MAC as a team, they live by the pass avg 241 yards a game in the air. They lost to Michigan 34-10 1st game of the year> (I think Illinois is just as good as Michigan)

A LOOK AT ILLINOIS

3-0 ranked 24th in the AP for the first time in years.

Did you know that Illinois has a chance to go 4-0 and this has not happened since 1951 to start a season. To say this is a trap game for Illinois I just don't see it, especially with the Coaches and players from Illinois.

The QB Nathan Sheelhasse from Illinois has hit on 71% of his passes this year and is flourishing under coach pertrion on offense. The run game of Illinois is punishing and the broncos are bad at stopping the run.

What impresses me the most about Illinois is the Defense they have, a deadly mix of strength, speed and athletic ability it will surprise many teams.

While many can say the T Word (trap) it can be said that maybe WMU is looking ahead to UCON and ILLINOIS is squarely focused on the task at hand to win at home and they should.

Now it is just a matter of validating a 4-0 start for the Illini cause if they don't according to the odds of getting to 4-0 our next shot would be in the year 2071

This team just gets better every game and I just can't see how WMU stops the Illini run game

ILLINOIS-13

I have looked at this game inside and out and the result is the same Illinois by 14 pts

The Defense of Illinois is solid, soft over the middle but the pursuit from Illinois on the QB allows only one or two plays on over the top of the defense, I suspect WMU will try and try to pass only to have the QB in peril.

The Offense of Illinois was stymied by ASU last game and they are sure working on getting this back on track. Don't see where the broncos will stop the run on defense.

There are no look ahead games for this team, the coaches have them very well grounded in this aspect (trust me). Is there pressure SURE.

Illinois has a chance to go 4-0 for the first time since 1951 (un real) and everyone down to the ball boy knows this game is important.

Comment

ILLINOIS Fails to cover vs WMU winning 23-30 Just who the hell was those referees at that game some awful calls.

Illini 0-3 on 4th down conversions, was right WMU could not stop Illini run game as they racvked up 296 yards on the ground.

Oh well a Win is a win straight up and the Illini are 4-0 to start a season for the 1st time in 60 years amazing

Comment

Working...
      X