Taxman's Take on NFL ~ Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxman's Take on NFL ~ Week 3

Mediocre week last 1-1-1 (5-1-1 YTD). I'll take that considering how it was unfolding. Indy was dreadful, Dallas had to pull out a push, though the OT tackle on the 1 aided the push, and Vick's injury helped ATL pull it out. Oh well, that's gambling....

On to Week 3

CAROLINA -3': I never thought I would write about taking Carolina, shoot I'm using them in my suicide pool this week. I'll eat my crow about what I said Cam would do against the Pack last week. I was proven wrong! Now, I like the energy of the Panthers, playing tough and very competitive. On the other side, you have Jaguars, who dumped their started just before the season, threw in a really bad McNown, now rolling out rookie Gabbert. Too much momentum going the Panthers this week while the Jax is 5-15 SU L20 road games.

As my montra good this year, win and cover.

NEW ORLEANS -4': Using the old horse racing verbiage here. New Orleans stepping down in class this week (played the NFC Championship teams to open the season). Yes, Houston is everybody's favorite to win the AFC South now, but move up in class (Indy~Bad, MIA-almost as bad). NO 7-1 SU/ATS L8 hosting AFC, 6 of the SU Ws were by DD.

GIANTS +9: Wow, this line is way overinflated in my opinion. Vick had his bell slightly rung last week. G'men O didn't look sharp. But, you're telling me that Eagles will win a home divisional game by DD??? Too much rivalry at stake. Eagles should win, but won't cover.

Opinions:
    SD -15': Yikes, tons of points!!! But KC looks and smells like something you'd find in a cow pasture. Add to the fact that Charles is gone for the season and SD held McNabb to 39 yards passing a couple of weeks ago, good luck Cassell!!

I like Carolina too. I also really liked Cincinnati until all the latest drama, but I still like them. I know their ATS trends don't support them as a favorite but I looked back as far as the 2007 season and SF has only won 1 road game since then against a non-division team. Plus they've only generated 206 and 209 total yds of offense in the first 2 games. First road game for the 49ers and after a tough OT loss, and first home game for the Bengals who are close to being 2-0.

Love the San Diego pick also despite the points. Since Weiss left KC they've only scored 17 total pts in 3 games and have been out-scored 119-17.

Comment

Spot on about the Saints. Add to it that Texans on the road 2nd week out and I think you have the GOW pick.

Giants - While everyone is looking at Vick being the key to this game I see the key wearing a blue jersey. If Brandon Jacobs puts in a great effort (key here is great) I think you see some rockem sockem football when Giants have the ball. Philly D can not stand up to a pounding running game. Eagle corners can cover but I don t see Samuels to excited about trying to stuff Jacobs for a full game! This game is always a war and Coughlin has to still be seething from that dance along the goal line from last year ! As a long time giant fan I know I am .

Comment

totally agree giants will have some tricks and the philly run D isn't that good. Manningham is out but honestly I've never been high on him as he tends to drop big plays more than he does not. Last year we were the ones to figure out how to pressure Vick. We showed the league and no reason we can't do it again.

ANother game to look at today is Miami. Peyton Hillis is out and already the line has jumped from +1.5 to -1.

It is hard to put that much confidence in carolina but I have as well including the same adding them to my survivor pools. They will make or break me this week.

Comment

I agree that adding Carolina to the survivor pool is difficult, but I would rather save SD for later in the season. If I'm going to get knocked out, I'd rather it be here than having make the hard choice towards later in the season!

Good luck and thank you all for your additional insight!

Comment

Good day again!

Just need to keep it going for Vegas next weekend!

Comment

great job.
              and how about them GIANTS!!!!!!!!

Comment

its always nice when the other team helps you win !!!! Big win for Giants .

Comment

Working...
                X