Widestrides NFL Picks Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 2

I stunk it up in Week 1 going 3-9 and took Week 2 off, so fade away.

Cinci -1.5 vs SF. Banking on SF being jet-lagged and Cinci D having no trouble containing the conservative Niners O.

New Orleans -3.5. We'll see if Wade Phillips has really turned the Texans D around or not. Brees should have an even easier time than last week against the bears tough D, but Texans O could keep it close.

Miami/Cleveland over 41. Miami's secondary is weak, but Henne and Marshall may keep it going against Cleveland's secondary.

Denver/Tenny unnder 44. This one is going up from 42.5! Not sure why as neither O is up-tempo. If Tenny can shut down Baltimore, they should be able to do the same to Denver.

Detroit -3. I liked Minny +4, but now at Detroit -3 I flipped. Detroit DL should contain AP and that leaves it to McNabb. End of story.

Jets/Oakland under 41. Can't see Jason Campbell doing much against Jets D. And Jets will be Jet-lagged and conservative without Mangold. 19-9 Jets.

Atlanta/TB under 46. Atlanta doesn't like the outdoors and the grass. See Week 1 at Chicago.

Seattle +3.5. Seattle D is pretty good. Home opener after going 0-2. Sydney Rice comes back to help his old Viking mate Tavarius Jackson.

Green Bay/Chicago under 45. Lousy grass field and Bears always play them tough.

GL

TITLE SHOULD HAVE SAID WEEK 3
    Last edited by widestrides; 09-26-2011, 05:43 PM.

I like all your total plays and I am on most of them.

I like Minny + as my play of the week though...Detroit bandwagon is too crowded for me!

Comment

the over may be a little harder in the miami/cle game with peyton hillis OUT.
      the line jumped from miami +1.5 to -1. (+2.5 earlier in the week)

Comment

More passing by Cleveland with Hillis out. At least that's what I'm banking on.

Comment

5-3-1. That's better.

Comment

Widestrides Picks Week 3

Title of this thread should have said Week 3, not 2.

Anyway, tonight I like:

Dallas -3 (buy the hook) and under 44.5

Home opener for Dallas and they will be up for the Skins. Rob Ryan has the Cowboys defense playing well. They should get to Rex.

But the Cowboys are banged up a bit in the secondary and of course Romo and at WR.
            Last edited by widestrides; 09-26-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Couldn't get TDs outta Dallas. Helped to keep it under that's for sure. Bailey the FG kicker was ice. Every kick right down the middle!

Dallas not looking so good without Miles Austin and they let Roy Williams and Sam Heard go to the Bears.

6-4-1 for the week.

Comment

Working...
              X